PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

spawn
17-12-12, 23:45
Hi guys.

been on 150 for about 3 weeks now and feeling alot better, more movivation, less tired and mood and anxiety free. (But I won't spk to soon) lol. Only thing I am suffering from is a bit of OCD. Which I've always had but seem a bit heightened at the mo. coul be the increase tho an will hopefully settle back down. Pip will prob know?????

Hope u are all on the up for the festive period xx

Hey Lou

I had the same happen to me when I increased, I have always suffered with a mild OCD, but I started to notice it got more and more after I increased on ven?
It has kind of settled again now, so that's good! :)

rockbottok
17-12-12, 23:52
Hey Lou

I had the same happen to me when I increased, I have always suffered with a mild OCD, but I started to notice it got more and more after I increased on ven?
It has kind of settled again now, so that's good! :)

Gav.....i hope mine will too. By no means is it bad enough to worry about its just annoying, I check the kids sooo many times before allowing myself to fall asleep. I'm in and out of bed like a yo yo. I've always had mild OCD even as a Chi's infact, doomed from word go some would say. I'm sure it will settle down

Lou x

pinkdove
18-12-12, 10:54
hi anni nice to hear from you, and so glad you are improving, it all sounds so lovely looking after your 2 grandchildren, hope you have a lovely christmas xx

gav and lou, look back at some old posts by petra she had very bad ocd, and then after a while on ven, she is back to normal, and her fears were for her kids too, so it will get better xx

pip nice to hear from you get those parcels wrapped up, yes am ery orgnised this year, i think its because im not fearing christmas this year, but in a funny way kinda lookng forward to it :D not long now till you get a break from work, hope freddie is ok after his snip, has he settled down any ????

hope you are all copng this time of year for those still struggling huge :hugs:

Pipkin
18-12-12, 19:06
Hi all,

Just in from work where I got the best Christmas present of all - a stonking cold! Grrrr! I'm not amused as I feel like crap. Anyway, onwards and upwards...

Pink - yes the little beast is fine and still as lively as ever. If I have to say leave it one more time..! He has to wear a plastic ruff thing in bed and he hates it. Still, stitches out on Friday and then back to normal. He's still in full humping mode but hopefully it will get a bit better over the next few weeks.

Off to put my feet up with a hot drink and wallow in a bit of poor me for an hour.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
18-12-12, 21:08
pip a hot toddy...the best thing for your cold. take care xx

rockbottok
18-12-12, 23:36
Pink......wots a hot toddy? Sounds nice :) xx

Pipkin
19-12-12, 00:01
Pink......wots a hot toddy? Sounds nice :) xx

I think it's something like hot honey and lemon with whiskey. Unfortunately, I've got none of those ingredients in the house so I've settled for a glass of orange juice and a mars bar...

Pip xx

pinkdove
19-12-12, 11:05
a hot toddy is whiskey, honey, lemon and boiling water, a great drink for seeing off colds, a scottish remedy which works wonders.......although a glass of orange and a mars bar sounds good too :D hope you're a bit better today pip xx

lou how are you today ???? are you still on 150mg ?

paul hows the decrease going ?

slowfish where are you, hope you are ok xx

gav, anni, nicola, tracey, sam, and all the gang :hugs: hope you are all well xx

rockbottok
19-12-12, 11:18
Yes pink still on 150 and feeling great. Lots more motivation and less tired. Xx

pinkdove
19-12-12, 15:46
lou that's great hun, you deserve a break, hope you continue to improve, you need all your strength to take care of those gorgeous puppies......sooo cute !!!!!

TJSMITH
19-12-12, 21:04
Hi all
Sorry not been on here alot but still keep an eye on you all daily lol...
I have been so busy at school doing plays etc... aswell as my own kids needs ie parties, costumes etc.... not to mention christmas shopping and to think i was bored before getting this job lol....

I am on the whole ok and doing well, i stilll not 100% me but so so much better than i was. I still analyse my thoughts and feel scared at times for no apparent reason.

Hows everyone getting on??? ready for christmas??

Pip, Pink, Nic, Kitti??? and anyone else i may have forgot to mention.
Nic i hope you holding up ok hun, message me anytime xxxx

Sober2000june
19-12-12, 21:50
Hi Pink, not been as great last 2 days. Got an appt with doc tomorrow to see if he’s had an update from new shrink yet! Was at my dentist today three temp fillings and a barrage of appts required in the New Year. He asked if I was on any meds and I told him about venla. He looked at my eyes and told me to look at it in mirror. He said that after shining light on it my pupil contracts but starts to pulse. He informed me that this is symptomatic of adrenal fatigue. Told me to read a book called “adrenal fatigue: the
21st century stress syndrome”. may as well. Thinking back to early 93' when i first was given anti d's I had very bad glandular fever Autumn92'
trying everything

take care folks

pinkdove
19-12-12, 22:10
paul never heard of that at all, but i must say that some days my pupils are ery large, adrenal fatigue is a new one on me, does he think its own to the ven ????

dont worry too much about the dentist if i can do it anyone can, hope you start to pick up again soon.

tracey nice to hear from you, you are doing great, keeping so busy, and sound like your enjoying it :D i am nearly ready for christmas, just food shopping now, hope to do that friday, dont fancy christmas eve. take care and keep moving forward xx

Tufty
19-12-12, 22:56
Hi Guys,

I've read a bit about adrenal fatigue including that book but it's not recognised by conventional medicine. It is suggested that chronic stress results in your adrenal glands (that produce adrenaline and cortisone) to become inefficient and either start producing too many hormones (causing panic and anxiety) or not enough (causing chronic fatigue). Those who do believe in it say you can help support your adrenal glands by taking various supplements and generally looking after yourself and eating well etc, which does make sense. But as I say it's not a proven condition, there is no test that can be done to test the state of your adrenal glands - well there is a synacthen test - I had it done years ago when I was unwell and having near constant panic attacks and it showed my adrenal glands were working fine!

As for a pulse in the contracted pupil - don't all our pupils pulsate?, eyes have a copious blood supply. All our organs pulsate, if they didn't it would mean they didn't have a blood supply and were dead! You can take a heart rate (pulse) reading from any organ or part of the body including the toes, ears, genitals and tongue - the eyes are no different. I find it strange that a registered dentist would suggest a hocus pocus pupil experiment - maybe he gets book commission? Odd and professionally questionable.

It's worth looking into the adrenal fatigue recovery suggestions, they are similar to the depression and anxiety self help books - eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, avoid processed foods, don't get dehydrated, take supplements, pace yourself etc. Stress has been proven to weaken our immune systmens and make us more susceptable to virus's and bacteria which fits with your glandular fever illness and resulting anxiety. Don't expect miracles though, I think adrenal fatigue is just a polite way of saying you've been under too much stress, your body and mind are knackered and need some TLC.

Love Sam

william wallace
20-12-12, 00:12
a hot toddy is whiskey, honey, lemon and boiling water, a great drink for seeing off colds, a scottish remedy which works wonders.......although a glass of orange and a mars bar sounds good too :D hope you're a bit better today pip xx

lou how are you today ???? are you still on 150mg ?

paul hows the decrease going ?

slowfish where are you, hope you are ok xx

gav, anni, nicola, tracey, sam, and all the gang :hugs: hope you are all well xx

C'mon now pink there's certain criteria for a hot toddy and well you know it. First you have to uncork the bottle and remove some of the whisky to make space. Then add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, a few drops of lemon juice and a teaspoon of boiling water. Put the cork back in and gently shake to mix. Continue drinking it until it's finished or you pass out.
The hangover next day will be so bad you won't even remember having a cold.:D

JezKnowsBest
20-12-12, 10:45
Pink, I'll take some of your weight if you like, I can't afford to lose any more! My bmi is currently 16.5 :S Doesn't help that I'm 5'11 either, I look like a golf club with my hiking boots on.

Still loving it up here, eldest daughter's nativity was a farce, she didn't make it to the stage before she started crying and spent the entire thing stuck to me like a limpet bless her. There's always next year. One of the other mums is bugging me a bit, she hasn't done anything bad she's just odd and it's unsettling me a bit. She's a strange mixture of overfriendly and standoffish, she'll suddenly start talking to you about something random like how many worms there are atm (yes, it's raining.) and not to squish them then she'll totally blank you and scuttle off! The first time I met her she pounced on me as I was coming out of the preschool and told me that she has panic attacks sometimes but the doctors are really nice here(I had literally never spoken to her before that point) and pointed to the house she lived in and offered me a pillowcase to make an angel costume for my daughter. The next time I saw her I said hello and she totally ignored me, looked at me when I said hello but had a stoney expression and she just walked off, ignoring me. I don't know what to do, I don't think we can be friends, it's hard enough maintaining friendships as it is but I don't want there to be any animosity between us. Still, I couldn't expect to get on with everyone in the village I suppose!

I have an appointment tomorrow with my new doctor to get a prescription for more venlafaxine. It'll give me a chance to see what he's like, how he is towards mental health issues.

Hope you're all well, it's Christmas soon, then it'll all be over and we can breathe a sigh of relief for a while :)

karenp
20-12-12, 12:34
Hi, I just wanted to wish every one a happy Christmas and hope every one feels ok. I've just upped my Cipralex and do have a bit of heightened anxiety but aren't doing too bad all in all. I'm taking William to see Santa after school with my Mum and sister and her 2 boys.
Really hope Venlafaxine is helping every one (:

clio51
20-12-12, 12:53
Hi All,
hope all are well?

well sorry to moan, but i', having a bad day today my sleeping is getting me down, I sleep very light and some night feesl I havn't been asleep when I wake up. this is having a knock on effect on my mood and motivation.

Does anybody else have bad sleep probs?
maybe it's the menopause as well? sorry boys!

pinkdove
20-12-12, 13:01
C'mon now pink there's certain criteria for a hot toddy and well you know it. First you have to uncork the bottle and remove some of the whisky to make space. Then add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, a few drops of lemon juice and a teaspoon of boiling water. Put the cork back in and gently shake to mix. Continue drinking it until it's finished or you pass out.
The hangover next day will be so bad you won't even remember having a cold.:D
well that should let evryone know just how to make a real scottish hot toddy, like the thought of drinking it till you pass out,:roflmao: never got drunk on a hot toddy before, but there's always a first time. have a great christmas mr w, will you e seeing that wee angel holly ?

sam what a great explanation, did look it up on the net and you're spot on, dont really want to think of anything else i might have lol.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

jezz you seem to be settling down fine, and maybe when you get to know some ther people better they can shine some light on your new neighbour, sounds like she has mental health problems, or learning difficulties, good luck with your new gp, oh and have as much weight as you like :D

clio i used to have really bad sleep problems, but i have settled now and can sleep nine hours a night, sorry you're having a bad day hun xx

karen nice to hear from you, have a great time visiting santa today, that's what it's all about, nice to see the kids wee faces. hope you cntinue to improve xxx

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

oh forgot to say sam.......are you a nurse ????

Tufty
20-12-12, 13:33
Yep - I'm a nurse and no I didn't copy it from the net, its something I looked carefully into in a moment of grasping at straws. I'm not against alternative medicine and have tried loads of different stuff which isn't recognised or evidence based, I don't think conventional medicine has all the answers and it's definately not an exact science. If you think something could help and work for you I'd always say give it a whirl - if you believe in something, the power of the mind is an amazing thing and it is much more likely to be effective.

Jez - your neighbour sounds barking mad :blush: I'd steer clear of her, nod and smile politely as necessary and quicikly make your excuse and run. If you've sussed her out in a short time, I'm sure the other villagers are aware of her oddness, it's not being unfriendly, it's self preservation and shows confidence - choose who you want to be friends with and don't waste pity or time worrying about her - she doesn't deserve your friendship if she's chatty one day and giving you daggers the next - her loss.

Brenda - I PM'd you re the sleeping tablets.

Mr W, what can I say - just as I would expect from the Scottish Big Man, good to hear from you :hugs:

Pinky, good to hear your doing well too but I'm very jealous of the 9 hours sleep - can you send some zzzzzz's to me please
Love Sam

pinkdove
20-12-12, 14:17
sam zzzzzzz's on their way too you, i think you do a fantastic job, and with anxiety too, well done for that, my husband is away to see the nurse, he has recently een told he has type 2 diabeties, and been given 1 3 month window to try and sort it out with diet and life changes, and that's what he wants rather than medication, i think he will manage it, he has a lot of self control, and when he puts his mind to something, he usually does well.....unlike me.

sam re the sleep, i was sleep deprived for months, nothing worse, but as i have been getting better i have been sleeping better, i do wake a couple of times a night, but can usually get straight back off. i think the ven helps that. xxx

slowfish
20-12-12, 15:27
hi all

Well I feel much better than a week ago when I was struggling with cold/flu symptoms. Hopefully I'll start to settle on 112.5mg. Trying to take it at exactly the same time each day as well as I don't think it helps if you're an hour or so late with taking it.

Feel very tired all the time and really negative and anxious but just trying to take it one day at a time.

hugs to everyone x

Sober2000june
20-12-12, 21:56
Thanks for the input Sam. I personally think its another way for my dentists to extract more dosh from me as he helps "treat it". He managed to extract £96 yest for a temp filling and thats on top of me paying a monthly fee for my denplan. Think i need to go NHs on Dental care:ohmy:.

Pink did you say you can actually sit and read a book or watch tv during day?

The reason i ask is ive never got beyonf the shark who has to keep swimming syndrome:weep:

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

p.s saw doc today. He wants me of ven in next few weeks with a possible dovetail of clomipramine.

pinkdove
20-12-12, 22:14
paul i can sit and read,or watch telly, but there are still times when i need to be occupied...like the laptop and watching telly, but i would say its getting easier now.

why change the meds paul ?? what is clomipramine ??? and how do you feel about changing ?

Sober2000june
20-12-12, 22:31
still toiling on venla

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

oh and private shrink i saw recomended as she feels better for ocd

rockbottok
21-12-12, 01:54
Hi guys.......anyone heard from nic???

Lou xx

Tufty
21-12-12, 08:35
Paul - cor blimey that's a lot for a temporary filling, we use a private dentist now as I had a bad experience with the NHS practice constantly changing dentists. On his advice we didn't take out a denplan and pay as we go, we go once a year and pay about £50 for 2 adult check ups and he treats the children free of charge who he sees every 6 months. My husband has had a large filling done this week and it was £94 - makes you wonder what the point of denplan is doesn't it?
Good luck with the change to Clomipramine - I've been on Lofepramine and Imipramine previously and they are good for anxiety, I've heard that Clomipramine is good for OCD. I fed up of toiling too and would like to be coasting instead, it's very early days for me on the Escitalopram so far though so maybe I'll be surfing before I know it?
Love Sam

clio51
21-12-12, 11:21
Hi All

well yesterday went from bad to worse, crying a lot of the time mainly because I am soooo flipping tired well exhausted with no sleep.

So last night thought I would do everything I could think of to wind down, starting with a bath, then some lavender oil on dressing gown and on my pillow!! had a banana and about half an hour before bed started reading my book and took 2mg of diazepam. all set for a nights sleep, well no bloody luck still there at 2am got up for a wee and took another 2mg of diazepam! fell asleep till 6am, in a very light sleep till 8am.
So this morning rang doc's spoke to doctor not mine, but she wouldn't give me zopiclone!! it's not the first thing they give out no doubt COST!!! so she has given me prescription for atarax it's antihistamine based, I said if this doesn't work I will be back on Monday I can't carry on on only a few hours sleep. feel flat and very tired this morning prob knock on from yesterday. sorry to be so flat and down guys,but hope in the near future I can say wow i'm there feel 75%better.

Take care everyone xxxx:bighug1:

rockbottok
22-12-12, 18:16
Nobody about today? Xx

rockbottok
23-12-12, 11:08
Where is everyone then?? X

Tufty
23-12-12, 11:57
I'm here Lou, feeling rough though. I guess everyone else is either feeling OK and off living or feeling too bad to post, I do hope they're all OK. Nicola was on the forum earlier but didn't post, I don't know if that's a good sign or not.
I started Escitalopram 7 days ago and am findng it tough, I've succumbed to Diazepam today - i've tried the grin and bear it but it's too hard, I'm going to be kind to myself and float through Christmas on a cloud of valium! Only for the next few days though, hopefully the new meds will have settled down a little by then.
How are you?
Love and hugs to all our friends on here
Let us know how you're doing, it helps those of us still struggling know that there is still hope
Sam

rockbottok
23-12-12, 12:06
Hi Sam. I'm feeling ok bit tired but fine. Yes I'm a little worried that nic hasn't posted especially with her having such a rough time but hopefully she is just far to busy with Xmas to post. Like everybody else. Sorry to hear ur feeling rough Sam hopefully in the next few days ur med se would of worn off. What is valliam? Is it the same as diazapam? I get to scared to take them lol

Lou xx

Tufty
23-12-12, 12:13
Yes it's valium, only 2mg because I'm not good with meds either but they do take the edge off the anxiety - it feels a bit like drinking a glass and a half of wine (I'm a light weight with alcohol too) but in a good way, more relaxed but not too dopey and it doesn't take the anxiety away completely. The only down side is that they can make you more depressed, but I'm hoping the new meds will kick in and deal with that one.
How long have you been on meds? Are you on Ven?
Sam

nicola1980
23-12-12, 13:14
Hi im here just been v busy with xmas shopping, im feeling alot better this past week, still v sad but it will take time i guess. :hugs: to everyone xxx

Sober2000june
23-12-12, 19:28
good to hear youre ok nicola:hugs:.

Sam, regarding the benzos and low mood, i'd agree with that. My friend is a CPN who wont take them due to depression effect.

Pipkin
23-12-12, 20:06
I've been very busy too but I'm still around. I'll catch up later..

Pip xxx

clio51
23-12-12, 20:06
Hi All

It's been really quite on here lately, we all getting sorted for Xmas then?
I only just put my tree up today, and it's only about 2ft all with lights and baubles on just needs plugging in and couldn't get into the festive mood to get . it out.

well pleased to say my appetite as come back after a long absence and it's great to have that feeling back guys it's been a long time coming. I lost 2 1/2 stone this year with this bloody illness. I now have to get my anxiety and sleep sorted out, this last 2 weeks my mood as got slightly better, let's hope I' m on the way up !!!!!

take care all xx

rockbottok
23-12-12, 22:18
Yes Sam I'm on ven. I've been on meds for 4 and a half years now ever since I ha my first child as I got postnatal. I was always on citalopram then that started not working so tried Prozac and apparently that's quite activating and it gave me palpitations etc so then tried the ven.

Nic glad ur feeling better hun

Lou xx

ammiemum
24-12-12, 07:07
i here too not had much sleep still, yet..
but amazingly for me even coped with disappointment of now, not being able to go to someone else for xmas [for first time in years -took me ages to work up the courage to agree to it too] -it had to be cancelled at the last minute due to illness....so in the end had a good afternoon shopping for everything with my daughter
i am amazed i am able to do this thankyou Ven :yesyes: Don't feel quite as good as that , but you know what i mean x

pinkdove
24-12-12, 08:03
morning guys, im her but been busy have family here from edinburgh.

sam i floated through christmas the past 2 years on diazapam, you need to give your body some rest from the anxiety especially this time of the year xx

lou hope you are feeling a bit better too,

happy christmas to all my friends on here, hope you all feel calm.

will catch up with you all later xxxx

Tufty
24-12-12, 09:23
Thanks girls,
I took two Zopiclone last night and am nicely doped up this morning which is preferable to how the past few morning have been, don't think I'll be driving anywhere today tho.
Good to hear everyone is doing well
Merry Christmas to all
Love Sam

Sober2000june
24-12-12, 11:22
Morning all,

kittikat
24-12-12, 11:23
I would just like to wish all on the Ven train a peaceful & happy Christmas.

Thank you all for your help, support and advice throughout the year. I could not have done this without you guys.

All the best for the New Year too, lets hope it's a stress free and happy time for all.

Lots of love and festive wishes, Kitti xxx :hugs: xxx

clio51
24-12-12, 16:43
Hi All

Hope everyone is coping over this festive period, and not to stressed out.

Happy Christmas everyone

For those of us still suffering,let's hope next year we feel much better guys

Love and Best Wishes xxx

nicola1980
24-12-12, 17:23
Merry Christmas everyone and lots of love to you all :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

william wallace
24-12-12, 22:44
Merry Christmas Y'all and hope you all have a better year for 2013 xx

Tufty
25-12-12, 10:59
Merry Christmas Vennies
Just thought of you, thank you for the support over the last year, you've been the best.
Next year we'll have a blast and put anxiety and depression behind us
Love and big christmas hugs to you all
Sam

Sober2000june
25-12-12, 11:48
Merry Christmas everyone:hugs:

Tony52
25-12-12, 17:55
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year for 2013 to all my Ven buddies.Hope we are all having a realy nice and relaxing time on this Christmas Day. :D

Pipkin
25-12-12, 19:28
Happy Christmas to all my good friends! I hope you've had a lovely relaxing day.

Take care

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
25-12-12, 20:05
Hi folks,

was kinda looking fwd to christmas this year but this last few days i have been consistently going down and down. still get 3 more drops before i get to the clomipramine. My shrink has written to my doc and sugested i take it easy , but he feel this will be to drawn out. I can only assume he does npt know what this feels like. i'm in that horrible place of wanting to get off this drug but scared of it getting any orse. He has no objections of me using the diaz, but i was quite happy that i canned the benzos last june. TBH i thnik they only made me more depressed. starting to think i really dont have the strength for this any more - especially when the medical pros constantly contradict one another. Starting to doubt my GP's insight as he appears to think me going from 112.5 to zip over 3 wks will be cool and even dovetailing the clomipramine in at 37.5. All the docs i read eg GP notebook and mims say combining Venla and clomipramine is a major no-no:ohmy:. WTF am i meant to do? My biggets compulsion is thinking about these bloody meds as i have jackSh!t faith in the people who are supossed to be the subject matter experts.

Sorry about the poor me but 16 months of this is just not a picnic!

Finish on a postive the kids have had a great day as my eldest got a kinect for his xbox; so everyone jumping about the livingroom. I was playing volleyball and jumped abot 2 feet and almost had the chandelier down:blush:. Really want to engage rather than going thro the motions for the kids.

Sorry about the poor me but had to have a mind fart.

Take care all:hugs:

Tufty
25-12-12, 21:50
Mind fart ..... ha ha, excellent phrase.

Sorry you're having such a hard time again Soberone, changing meds is no picnic indeed.
The gpnotebook does suggest withdrawing from Ven very slowly but does say you can crosstaper with tricyclics very cautiously at low dose. The most important thing with medication for me is the belief that it's safe and I believe in it, if I didn't trust the way my meds were being changed I would find it difficult to comply - well I wouldn't in all honesty. I'd ask more questions of your doctors and take the evidence you have found, they may have newer conflicting evidence that your cross taper is OK.
Do not lose faith, I'm having a crap time at the mo but we will all get better.

Careful with the volleyball - an A & E visit with a chandelier jammed on your head would not be a good end to Christmas

Take care
Love Sam

TJSMITH
25-12-12, 22:25
Merry Christmas to you all, hope you all having a good one.

I have painted a smile on my face but bloody typical I'm going through another blip but last three months always same week???? On the pill and it's just after a weeks break starting to wonder if hormones.

Anyway quiet one at home just us and kids with be ending up in tears with frustration of this ridiculous illness, mums tomorrow hoping it will pass soon.

How's everyone else been?

Love to all and thanks for support this year xx

Sober2000june
25-12-12, 23:46
Thx sam, very pragmatic.:hugs:

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

The 10 pin bowling was fun especially watching my mum playing my eldest - she was loving it(possibly too much wine)

rockbottok
26-12-12, 13:08
Merry Xmas everyone, I'm feeling ok but Christmas Day was crap, being single sucks ass but kids loved it. But they went to there dads at 3 so was on my Todd from then on hence y it was crap. Well my parents were in there part of the house but even still I didn't really want to go sit with them all night. LONER. Lol

Anyway it's Boxing Day and its still crap so I'm gonna have a little snuggle with my youngest as we r both tired

Hope uve all managed Thro this festive season

Lou xx

clio51
26-12-12, 15:43
Hi All

Well got Xmas day over with o k and there was only the 3 of us so no pressure . You tend to say to your self just go with the flow relax,but I tend to get anxious easyglad when things are done maybe so that I think I can relax now???

I am so so Fed up of this backache and aches I get in my legs every bloody morning it gets me so down yet I don't particularly feel down till this comes on!!! can't take much more of this,been for a walk to see if it would ease it of a bit rather than just sitting there but no chance.
Sleep is getting slightly better don't want to speak to soon though
got some silicone but haven't taken any yet scared I'm a wuss with meds just managed ActiveX up to now.

anybody else have aches?????

how' s everybody else . xx

clio51
26-12-12, 20:20
that's how bad I feel guys silicone . meant zopiclone lol

think I am coming down with something throat feels dry now,drinking plenty that's water hate it when I feel I'll on top of all this,it turns on the thought and what if's

how' s everyone else doing . xx

Tufty
26-12-12, 20:59
Ha ha, I did read silicone and thought it must be some homeopathic or supplement or something! I highly recommend Zopiclone Brenda, you'll feel better after a good nights rest.
Christmas brings out all the cold bugs I think, I woke with a sore throat this morning but that was after 10 hours sleep with probably the odd snore here and there and it cleared quickly, but water and rest will help - no kareoke for you then.
I've had better Christmas's it has to be said, this year has not been enjoyable and some parts of it have been very very hard, but I'm still alive! 10 days into the new tablets and it's not been pleasant, I don't think there is ever a good time to start new meds but my timing was not good. However, onwards and upwards.
I've been out everyday to walk the dog, we've seen the family we needed to see, I met my daughters boyfriend for the 1st time today and managed to appear pretty normal to him! I've retreated to bed a couple of times, just for 10 minutes or so and that's helped. I'm now worrying about Friday night, we're supposed to be going out for a meal with some friends, I feel nauseas on these new tablets and am not enjoying my food and the restaurant we're going to is hot and can be noisy and about 30 minutes away from home, I don't really want to go, I'm finding being sociable very tiring and can't be arsed.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing OK
Love and hugs to all
Sam

clio51
26-12-12, 21:54
well done you for getting to family and meeting the boyfriend, I couldn't have done that.
I find it very hard to pretend everything is ok when inside I am dying with fear and physical symptoms. I find it extremely hard socializing, it never bothered me till about 2 years so now I have my safe place my house. One day I hope it returns but that's how this illness has affected me.

I cannot wait to get to bed tonight,so all these negative thoughts stop . why is it when we feel ill the ruminating starts I need to focus on something but nothing on sky that I fancy.

Take care all xx

Sober2000june
26-12-12, 22:05
Clio ,talking of backache, I feel as if my right kidney is going to pop - its agony. It's been coming on since yesterday. Took a co codamol 30/500 earlier today(lunch timish). Need to take another but not sure if ok with ven. Sam do you know if co cod ok with venla?

Thanks,
Paul

clio51
26-12-12, 22:29
Paul, it's bloody awful isn't iit, I have got a hot water bottle on my back at mo I am sick of this bloody illness.mine is since last Sept when I first saw the doctor it seem never ending this time round but I do think the older you get the harder it is to deal with. well done joining in the games yesterday. don't know about co cod but it's ok to take para' s .

rockbottok
27-12-12, 00:10
Sober......it's fine to take co cod I got prescribed it whilst on ven for kidney pain. I was in agony and it really helps.

Lou x

Pipkin
27-12-12, 00:45
Hi everyone,

Just back from a day out at a friend's house - it's been really nice but the dog just wouldn't settle down and was very hard work. The minute I got home, he went straight to bed and now's fast asleep. Typical!

Strangely, I've also had lower backache for a couple of weeks - I'm pretty sure it's linked to the dodgy stomach I get now and again. My GP told me it's IBS but I don't know if it is. Anyway, it's painful but I'm trying my best to ignore it. You have my full sympathy as I know it's awful.

Look after yourselves

Pip xxx

pinkdove
27-12-12, 22:11
just checking in to see how you all are, sorry some of you are still struggling, i know it can feel worse at this time of year. a stressfull time even if you dont suffer from anxiety.

my family have gone home now and i miss them already, the company has been really good for me, out girlie shopping, and lots of wine and bubbly :blush: really enjoyed christmas this year, what a difference from the past two years, i know its hard. but you will get there, i never thought in a million yars i would do the things im doing now ever again, and it's getting easier too.

i intend to see my gp after the holidays, and start to reduce my meds, i feel ready now, :hugs: to everyone still struggling, you will get there......just takes time xx

william wallace
27-12-12, 22:20
Hiya Pink same here best Christmas for a couple of years. I'm not even contemplating reducing the sert at the mo because I know that's the reason I'm ok.

On a sour note I came downstairs this morning and Meggy had had the skitters/trots during the night and I stepped in it barefoot so not a good start to the day. Dogshit squishing between your toes is not the best way to start the day:)

pinkdove
27-12-12, 22:26
mr w its lucky to stand in dog shit.......a good year ahead for you :D so glad you had a good christmas, have a great new year too !!!!! :hugs:

william wallace
28-12-12, 00:06
Thanks Pink, we really have to meet up next time you're in Gods country:hugs:

Pipkin
28-12-12, 01:13
On a sour note I came downstairs this morning and Meggy had had the skitters/trots during the night and I stepped in it barefoot so not a good start to the day. Dogshit squishing between your toes is not the best way to start the day:)

Sounds like someone had a good Christmas! I had a similar problem with my pooch a couple of weeks ago except he sleeps in a cage and had strategically pointed his rear towards the utility room cupboards. I didn't stand in it but spend ages disinfecting. Luckily, he's much better now.

All is well here and a peaceful and uneventful Christmas was had by us. My aim for next year is to be able to put up some decorations without the hound eating/chewing/playing with/biting them.

Pink - I bet you had a lovely time with the family down to see you. I imagine you're enjoying a bit of relaxation now. Plenty of time to think about your meds in a couple of weeks. The important thing is that you're so much better than you were this time last year - I know I am. It's almost a year since I was at the worst point I've ever been and I now feel like a different person. It's been hard work but we've both got there.

Take care

Pip xxx

JezKnowsBest
28-12-12, 09:41
Hello all, hope you're well and not too hungover/massively bloated etc! Christmas was good here, the meal went off without a hitch although I had a lot of running about to do to get it all done. The girls had a great day and I even managed to bathe them and get them in bed for 7.30! On Christmas day!

I changed my dose to the evening as it was making me really sleepy about 3 hours after taking it but it hasn't helped, if anything, I'm more bloody tired. It's really getting to me and I'm considering coming off the venlafaxine now which would be a big shame as anxiety wise, it's helped me loads. I can't be so groggy all the time, I have 2 small children to look after and I can't do that if I'm a zombie. I also had a bit of a crisis yesterday where I started questioning everything again, feeling very low and very peculiar. I got myself into a state thinking that I'm a terrible, neglectful mother and fiancee. I was so close to calling the doctor but it was nearly 5pm by the time I worked up to it and I didn't want to put them out so close to closing time. I'll speak to my doctor and see what he says. He seems nice, he looks like Heston Blumenthal which is a bit disconcerting but he's friendly and very calm, which is always nice.

I haven't seen the neighbour recently what with school being finished for the holidays but I was also thinking that she may have some sort of mental illness as she mentioned the panic attacks and the way she switches between the two completely opposing states says to me that there's something going on. Perhaps she also has an anxiety disorder and how she's acting is how I appear to other people!

We all have colds here atm, knew we couldn't escape the seasonal lurgy forever. Hopefully we'll all be well for NYE.

pinkdove
28-12-12, 13:46
mr w its a date you me sandra and john, we are hoping to take a trip home in march, and it would be great to meet up, will let you know when xx

pip so glad you had a good christmas, and youare right about how far we have both come, something mr w said about the meds got me thinking, about how he feels so good he would not consider reducing.....i know that makes sense, will see how i feel after the holidays. how have you been feeling ???

jez be carefull, dont jus stop the ven hun, get advice from your gp, i have had a wee bit of upset from a new neighbour too, she has only been here a couple of months, and asked us over along with some other neighbours on chrismas eve for drinks, i could'nt make it so went over to tell her, she was very offhand, telling me to bring my family with me,and practically hauled me inside for a glass of wine, very unnerving, apparently she knocked my next door neighbour later that night pleading with her to go over, reeking of booze, so will give that one a wide birth, i think mentally she's ok, but likes a good drink, even during the day.

hows everyone else doing ????

im having a lazy day, house all back to normal, but quiet, still its nice to have some me time :D

rockbottok
28-12-12, 14:32
Jez.........u wouldn't notice her strange ways if u were like her hun.

I'm feeling crappy, but it's probs the fact I'm seeing my ex again and he is messing me about. Messing with my emotions and its really getting me down

Lou x

Pipkin
28-12-12, 16:44
Pink - I'm doing fine thanks. Just had a bit of stomach and back pain the last few days but I think it's down to eating and drinking too much. Just a typical Christmas! My dad's coming down tonight so we're off out for a meal in town. I haven't seen him since June so it will be nice to see him.

I've spent all day spring cleaning (a bit early, I know) - it's hard work keeping the house clean and tidy when there's an excitable puppy on the loose. You know the score, dog hair, paw prints, chewed-up bits of toilet roll tubes and the remnants of toys which lasted about 2 minutes. Still love him to bits though - I don't know what I did before I got him. If you hadn't pulled me through the first few weeks, he might seriously have gone back to the breeder so I have you to thank. Feel free to pop over and help with the cleaning any time!!

Take care

Pip xxx

shadowstriker
28-12-12, 17:04
I was on citalopram when I was 15 it was the only anti depressant that helped me made me very out going and confident but stopped taking it because I felt better then when going back on it the 2nd and 3rd time I done the opposite and screwed me up big time it's strange how that happend but I've heard of other people it done that 2 aswell

rockbottok
29-12-12, 00:32
Shadow........are u on ven now?? Weird how it screwed u up.? In what way??why would u take it a 3rd time if u didn't react well the second time? Sorry for all the questions......ur new so just thought I'd ask a few back ground questions. Do u suffer from depression or anxiety? Or both?

Lou

pinkdove
30-12-12, 17:05
quiet on here, hope you are all ok, im just so tired just now, think it's the festivities catching up with me, fell asleep this afternoon on the sofa for an hour and a half :blush:

pip, i knew you and freddie would be great pals, and im sure he has helped you as much as you have helped him, it makes me laugh whwn i read your posts, takes me back to when all mine were puppies, and freddie is still a pup, he will calm down a bit tho' when are you back at work ??

nicola how are you doing ??? are you keeping ok ??

lou dont let your ex mess with your head, i know its hard if there's feelings there, but you are worth more than that hun, take care and look after yourself first xx

hope everyone else is ok xxx

rockbottok
30-12-12, 17:52
I know :( feeling a bit low the whole of Xmas really. It's been crap. Ate to much and put on weight which makes me feel worse. I feel like I'm never gonna have permanent relief from this illness. Still really tired and think its even worse with the increase. Ahhhh I dunno wot to do cos I end up sleeping till stupid o clock in the day and then feel low cos I've wasted the day and feel bad for everyone else around me. I'm just so bloody tired tho

Lou x

TJSMITH
30-12-12, 17:56
Hi all
Hope you all had good Xmas, I have been reading all the posts.

I had a good Xmas or at least tried to as struggling yet again it's been a year now and still I have blips where the old feeling of fear is there, then I get scared it won't pass etc...:

Im at a wedding tomorrow for new years which I an looking forward to despite this crazy illness. Anyone know if lorazapam will knock me out? I want to take if needed but want to stay awake.

Anyone else doing anything new year? First time in 12 years we doing anything.
Love and hugs to all xx

Sober2000june
30-12-12, 20:36
Hi All,

Lou you don't need to talk to me about the weight issues; i was 15st 9 when i started ven now im 18st 10:mad:. Mega medicating with sugar(just had my 4th slice of cheescake). Wife bought me CK undies for crimbo( big hint towards whos been eating allthe pies? me thinks:blush:) there was a time when i had the physique of the guy on the packaging , but now i appears to have my own moon and gravity:blush:

Meds wise i'm on day 3 of 75 mg and so so.

Got to get my eating sorted as i believe apropriate manufacture of nuerostranmitters appears to have a more profound effect on me than just trying to reuse the shitty amounts i already have. eg cut the simple carb junk, stop snaking on sweets for an interim sugar buzz. P.S. if youy are on the PC all night snacking on crap and consuming alcohol or caffeine you can pretty much be assured the grim reaper will be lying next to you in the moring - my experience anyway.

Cant be @rsed checking gramar or spelling as apathy appears to be my companion these days. however low is better than insane anxiety.

take care all:hugs:

Tufty
30-12-12, 21:17
Evening all,

Sober - have you tried Escitalopram? It should be marketed as a weight loss tablet, this is the only year I've lost weight over christmas and I can't face eating much at all - the jurys still out on the antidepressant effects of it tho. I put 2 and half stone on with Prozac - they do very odd things to us these mind meds. I hope you pick up soon - when you starting the new meds?

Tracey - hope you enjoy tomorrow, I've taken a Lorazepam once and it knocked me out but I wanted it to, so I laid down and went to sleep for 4 hours. I've been able to do the same with Diazepam too - took 2mg and could sleep for hours but at other times I can take 2mg and it doesn't do anything, so sorry I'm not sure how you will respond. Sometimes I find just having something in my bag a reasurrance and it helps, you'll hopefully be the same and won't need it after all.

Lou - sleep is good, your body will be recharging, try not to be so hard on yourself. Let the meds do there thing x

Good to hear you're doing well Pinky and Pipkins - you're like the mammy and pappy of this thread and keep us all going, thank you for all your positive posts x

I'm on day 14 of the escitalopram - had a not so good week but I'm coming out of it now I think, I'm on the up I hope.

Christmas has been difficult but could of been worse, I've enjoyed a few moments and will hang onto those thoughts

Love to all

Sam

TJSMITH
30-12-12, 21:43
Thanks Sam I feel so scared so took one but not done anything yet and was a. Hour go grrrrr.
I get so scared going backwards when this happens :(

pinkdove
30-12-12, 22:20
paul snap!!!! cant stop snacking, and all the wrong things, intend to reduce after the holidays, and try and lose some weight, i want to stop smoking as well, but one thing at a time, i cant believe you have got down to 75mg, well done :D i hope you continue to improve, you'll soon look great in those ck's again xx

sam, you are doing great as well, changing meds at this time of the year is very brave, so well done for getting through it, i agree with you re diazapam, i can take 2mg and feel nothing, then 4mg and it helps a bit, other times i can feel tired on just 2mg, depends on how anxious we are, but i, like you always have some in my bag, but rarely use them now xx

tracey, hope you enjoy your wedding, and as sam says, take some with you to reassure you, and you might not need them at all. i think we all have had times when we feel like we're goig backwards, but it never really happens, just the fear of it, but ususally just a wee blip, take care xx

lou you need to rest, and recharge, try not to overthink things, just take it easy and one day at a time xx

anyone heard from nicola ????

lost87
30-12-12, 22:42
Hey guys i to have done the switch from cit to ven after having no luck at all on cit at both doses of 20mg and 40 mg over a period of 8 weeks. I suffer from anxiety and depression.

I was first started on vensir xl 75mg for 10 days. Dose was then upped to 150mg for 4 weeks and then upped again to 225mg and will have been on that dose for exactly 4 weeks tomorrow so in total just over 9 weeks.

These are the things which have improved for me
-ENERGY
-FEELINGS OF HOPELESSNESS ''comes and goes with blips''(but becoming less often)
-THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE ''comes and goes with blips''(but becoming less often)
-FEELINGS OF HELPLESSNESS
-SLIGHT LIFT IN MOOD
-FEELINGS OF DREAD AND ANXIETY AFTER WAKING UP
-STOPPED CRYING
-LESS FRUSTRATED
-MORE CALM
-SLIGHT MORE INTEREST IN CERTAIN THINGS, i.e t.v/music
-CONCENTRATION

Things that are still causing me problems.
-DIFFICULTY FALLING ASLEEP
-DIFFICULTY STAYING ASLEEP
-NO WILL TO WANT TO SOCIALIZE
-NO PLEASURE IN SOCIALIZING
-DELETED BOTH FACEBOOK AND TWITTER ACCOUNTS AS SEEING PEOPLE GETTING ON WITH THEIR LIVES MAKE ME MORE DEPRESSED/ANXIOUS
-FEELING ANXIOUS AROUND FRIENDS, FAMILY, STRANGERS
-LACK OF EMOTION, i.e SMILING, ''BLUNT FACIAL EXPRESSION''
-FEELING QUITE DETACHED FROM EVERYTHING/EVERYONE
-LACK OF CONFIDENCE/SELF ESTEEM
-POOR MEMORY
-NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AND DWELLING ON CERTAIN THINGS

What im wanting to know is, i know it usually takes 6-8 weeks for full therapeutic dose to kick in, and ive been on it 9 weeks with some benefit, will these other things start to improve with time on the anti-depressant at this dose ''225mg'' or would i maybe benefit from increasing the dose, adding something else to it or changing the antidepressant again altogether?

Ive tried, welldorm, temazepam, and zopliclone for sleep and none have helped. Ive also been giving diazepam to take for agitation when needed.

Im working with a CPN who i see again on wed for the 1st in 2 weeks, and im being seen again by a pchyciatrist mid january to see how im getting on with meds.

What do you guys think, im quite unsure as to if this is normal progress after this amount of time, or what i should do?

rockbottok
30-12-12, 23:57
Lost.......I would stick with it cos it can take a good 8 weeks at ur increased dose to fully kick in.

Sober......I've got issues with my weight anyway (obsessed by it and get on scales about 3 times a day) but the fact I've put on a couple of lbs it freaks me out. I'm not at all skinny so I could do with losing a good stone as I haven't lost the whole 4 stone I put in during pregnancy. I'm a stone heavier now than before I fell pregnant, and I hate it. Get really upset by it. But wotever I try its just not coming off. Grrrrr
I must get my genes from my dad cos he used to be 20st and went on a diet and like me weighed himself everyday and ended up anorexic (the gene I didn't get , I like my food) but he was obsessed by his weight like I am. He also suffers from anxiety and depression and has been on anti ds for 20 years or so. God I wish I wasn't like him lol.

Lou xx

spawn
31-12-12, 09:20
Hey peeps, I'm back from my Xmas hols in lanzarote!
It was lovely, blue sky's, 25 degrees, much needed break.
I truly felt myself as well, no anxiety etc.
I'm going to see my doctor this week to ask to reduce down to 112.5 as I'm still getting the vivid dreams and night sweats.

Hope everyone had a great Xmas! :)
Gav.

TJSMITH
31-12-12, 12:02
Well still anxious trying all the cbt etc.... Really upset as on way to a wedding I had looked forward to but carrying around the feeling of fear not great.
Petrified going backwards as been over a week now after feeling so positive I feel despair again.
I'm beginning to lose faith in ever fully being myself.

Hope everyone else doing better than me, and have a happy new year xxx

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Ps sorry for the moan but trying to smile hard at moment

pinkdove
31-12-12, 12:27
:welcome: lost, your post soinds so familiar, as you are getting some improvement this is a good sign, but as lou says, it can take your inceased dose a good 6-8 weeks to full kick in, i would stick to the dose you're on,your psyc will advise you on that, we are all here to help and support you. take care and good luck xx

lou, the weight is a big problem for me too, one of the reasons i want to reduce.....put on over 2 stone really gets me down xx

gav sounds like you had a reat holiday, just what you needed, am seeing my gp this week too, i wan to reduce to 112.5 as well, so we can compare notes xx

tracey, hope you enjoy your wedding, despite feeling anxious, dont wory you will get back to your old self again, i went to a christening a few weeks back, did not want to go at all, and ended up enjoying it, with the help of diazapam xx

lost87
31-12-12, 13:28
Thanks for the support guys. Pych had talked about increasing the dose again to 300mg if around this stage things wernt looking great but to be honest it has been so gradual i think im going to just stick the 8 weeks out at 225mg and see how that goes.

Pinkdove can i just ask why my post sounds familiar?, is it just the symptoms ive listed?

When is it ill have the courage to want to go and do stuff again with friends like go out to bars etc, and feel comfortable? im a 24 year old male, so bein isolated alone in the house isnt the best of craic if ya get me.

Im assuming its once my mood lifts a great deal, but i could be wrong

anncornes
31-12-12, 13:32
hi there not used to this so help me if you can

rockbottok
31-12-12, 13:58
Lost.....I'm 27 and have suffered since I was 23 :( so I know wot u mean. Horrible when u feel like u should b out there with all the others ur age. Try to accept ur not well at the mo and not b to hard on urself. Ur not the only 24 year old not out there with ur mates. I felt the exact same as u, I wanted to b just like the others and was desperate to b the same as them. It wasn't till I excepted that I just didn't feel like it that I stopped worrying about it. And guess wot??? When I'm not having a little blip (like now) I go out to bars now. It's New Year's Eve tonight and cos I'm feeling a bit low I'm not going out. My parents have offered to have my kids for me aswell but I just don't feel like it. But when I'm feeling ok I want to go out so what I'm trying to say is when ur meds start kicking in fully u will start wanting to do all the stuff u should be wanting to do. I promise. I'm not saying it will b easy but u will manage it. We are ill and just cos we are not led up in hospital doesn't mean we're not. Take it easy.

Lou x

clio51
31-12-12, 16:53
Hi guys

pink . are you sure it's the meds and not because your feeling better your eating better hence more weight just a thought if I felt well I stay on them forever lol

Gav. you sound in high spirits, don't be in a rush to come off them to soon.

Tracy. how it went well, well done for going think I would of talked myself out of it.

well I'm not to good last couple of days, see my blog under general anxiety, partner texting got a lot of extra issues to deal with now as well as panic depression social anxiety. life is a bag of shit sometimes, I don't have any friends anymore because of my illness it got that bad I couldn't see them so I can't see discuss my anxieties with anybody or problems. God I'm nearly crying typing this how as my life got this bad.

wish everyone a happy New year for tonight. xxx

pinkdove
31-12-12, 17:20
hi there not used to this so help me if you can

:welcome: ann , just type a bit in about yourself, we are all here to help and support you xx

lost, yes the things you wote and he symptoms you have are so typicall of a lot of us here, i think you are right to give the meds a bot longer, and lou is right, when your mood lfts, you will gradually get back into the swng os things, but at the moment take it easy, one day at a time x

clio so sorry you are feeling so bad just now, its so easy to isolate yourself when you feel so low and anxious, we're all here for you, just take it easy, and look after yourself, you will get there, you say you have a lot going on just now, try not to take too much on, give yourself a break, you need it just now xx

lou a lot of peopleseem to be staying at home tonight, myself included, whatever you do have a good one xx

drstock
31-12-12, 17:37
Hi, i was on effexor for 11 years, it brought me round great, i went to uni got my degree, my masters and other things. The thing i noticed was it played around with my labido, however that was me so you may be ok, it did leave me dizzy at times. One word of caution do not miss your dose, i was always on 150mg and when i missed wow!! I came off effexor in August 2012 as it was raising my liver enzymes to abnormal levels and i suspect that it was also effexor which fxxxed my thyroid up. Withdrawal is a nightmare but there are ways to make it easier. I would have stayed on effexor if i could, it was good dose for my anxiety and depression brought on by stress. I should have been having regular blood checks but this did not occur, if you go on it and it works for you, make sure you get bloods done every 4-6 months, hope u get well soon

Pipkin
01-01-13, 01:13
Happy New Year to all my ven buddies. Thanks to all of you for your support during 2012 - I couldn't have done it without you!

Here's to an anxiety-free year for all of us.

Love to all

Pip xxx

Annip
01-01-13, 12:05
Hi all
Just want to wish everyone the best for 2013. New years day and the sun is shinning. :hugs:to all of you that are not feeling good.
Annip xxx

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Hi Lost
hope you are starting to feel better. I'm not surprized you felt rough though..your doctor increased your meds very quickly. The feelings and emotions you describe are everything I went through too on ven and it took a long while to start to feel ok. I had the help off 2 zopiclone every night continually for about 8 weeks (this had to build up in effectiveness) and 3 diazepam daily. Life just stopped for this time but gradually I started to have more better times than bad and eventually I felt back to normal (though I try to avoid anxiety producing times eg I don;t work) I take 37.5 mg x 2 daily at exactly the same time every day. I reduced the zopiclone first and then diazepam very gradually and after 12 weeks I didn't need them.
Taking AD's is not an instant fix..it does take a long while for your body to adjust to them and the side effects are difficult to deal with but stick with it and you will get there. Ven has turned my life around.
Good luck
Annip xx

lost87
01-01-13, 13:40
Thanks anniP, the quick increases in my dose hasnt been to bad to be honest, the only side effects ive had which last 1-2weeks are, clenching teeth, muscle twitches,restless legs, increased anxiety, and insomnia has been a constant but i dont know if thats a side effect of the drug or just due to the anxiety/depression.

I feel after taking both zopliclone and diazepam i feel pretty crap the next day after waking but when i dont i feel alrite even though ive only had maybe 3 hours sleep.

As for during the day i havnt really needed diazepam, i sort of manage alright its just maybe around 9pm after ive watched the soaps lol i start to feel abit frustrated/unsettled probably due to boredom, being in alday were i would take a diazepam and it would came me down before bed.

I just wish i could get out there and join the real world, and i know alot of these problems would diminish and id probably sleep better to from being active, i just dont have it in me, its like im scared, plus when i am out im just in a dull mood and its quite disheartening so i just tend to not do it.

Ive started smoking full-time during all of this as well , as before i used to only smoke whilst having a drink maybe 10 a fortnight, now its 10 a day!

rockbottok
01-01-13, 14:36
Lost......u will start to feel better. I'm having a blip at the min. I'm not feelin like going out socialising neither. Feel miserable and hopeless at the min. But that will pick Back up I'm sure. How was ur new year?? Mine was crappy

Lou x

clio51
01-01-13, 14:53
lost

I think you have gone up doses really quick, I started on 1 37'5 mg for two weeks then 75mg for about 6 weeks maybe more now I'm on 150mg been on them for about 7 weeks
but if that's what your psych says, but don't let them push you into something your not happy with I certainly wouldn't.

I have been I'll this time round for a year, I'VE had it on and off for over 30 years a nd each time is just as frightening and the older I have become the harder to cope with. I am 55yrs.

I to don't sleep well, constant waking up through the night it's horrible it as a knock on effect for the next day tiredness, lack of motivation, Tec

just recently I have been feeling a little less depressed, and can get on with household things,cooking etc where at . the beginning I was in a world of my own nothing interested me I couldn't even eat and have currently lost over two and a half stone over the last year I am glad to say I am eating now not as good but eating wow. I wouldn't go out for weeks and gradually plucked up courage with the help of diazepam to go to the shops, I still have bad days but a few good thrown in which I never ever thought I would.

so there are still some of us on here really still struggling , so don't think your alone
take each day as it comes and don't put any pressure on yourself to think you have . to do things. if you can try to get into something to get your concentration back I started doing word search first for say 10 mins.

take care xxx

pinkdove
01-01-13, 15:31
happy new year ven buddies !!!!

hope you all have a calm and anxiety free 2013

lost87
01-01-13, 15:42
Thanks guys, im just following my phyc's instructions as she is the professional. i always felt myself that i needed my dose increased as at times i was very suicidal and at stage was halfway through hanging myself when i realised what the hell am i doing, i just felt so hopeless. I would also burst into tears at like 2-3am and have to ring my mum to get re-assurance that everytihing will be ok, again due to feeling hopeless.
But i feel things have started to pick up after starting at 225mg, my negative thoughts and feelings of hopelessness have definitely lessened, and i find myself playing around with my dog more and even laughing at things on the t.v.

For me, the deep depression has only been a problem from july...i lost my girlfriend of 2 years, had to leave my job of 3 years due to the anxiety i was having and had to sell my car after only having past my test 3 months beforehand. That all happened in the same month and hit me like a ton of bricks but ive had anxiety issues from around 2006 which i think from that time ive always been mildly depressed with it.

It never stopped me getting out and working and doing things out and about but i always just felt quite uncomfortable, like i cudnt be myself and enjoy things as much and as relaxed as i used to be able to. I sort of lost my confidence a great deal and found it really hard engaging in conversation and would be quite self conscious as to people noticing that i was uncomfortable which i know from them sensing my anxiety it makes people uncomfortable around me. Its just the fact that i havnt been able to just relax,smile and laugh along with everyone else, but throughout them years i always used alcohol to relax me and that always helped a great deal, and alot of the times id get carried away with the drink at times which would get me into bad states.

But after many years of struggling and everything that happened back in july, this is the 1st time that ive came for help as i just couldnt continue fighting.

Im sure its the same for alot of people on these forums, struggling and struggling for years before finally seeking help!

pinkdove
02-01-13, 14:29
hi guys just waiting to see my gp at 3.30, have decided not to reduce my meds yet, want to wait till february, just incase i have a set back, i have had this cough now for months, and feel i need something for it, hubby thinks its asthma, 've had a lung function test and breathing test last year, but said i did'nt need the puffers anymore, so i need advice on that.

its so grey and dreary here today,im feelig ok, but i think it might be because the meds are doing their job, and with a winter and more days like this ahead. i'd like to stay on this dose a wee while longer, dont know if its wimping out, or being sensible .

how are you all doing, very quiet on here, hope you are all ok xx

Pipkin
02-01-13, 14:41
Hi guys,

All is well here. I'm back at work tomorrow after a lovely break - I've managed to keep myself busy and my anxiety has been virtually non-existent. It's a million miles from where I was this time last year. It'll be a year this coming weekend when I had a really bad episode and ended up at the hospital. I hope that never happens again as it was truly the worst thing I've ever been through. If I have to stay on meds forever to stop that happening again, that's fine by me.

Pink - I think it's a good idea to hang on before reducing the meds. Another month won't do any harm. I too have had a cough and some asthma for a while and I've come to the conclusion that ven makes it more difficult to cough up the phlegm as it does have a dehydrating effect on the body. I've been taking an expectorant for the last few days and it's really helping. It might be worth mentioning this to your GP.

Well, I'm off to relax and enjoy my last day of freedom with a good book and a sleepy hound. I know I'm going to be more anxious tomorrow for my first day back at work so I'm going to make a real effort to chill out today.

Take care

Pip xxx

rockbottok
02-01-13, 15:30
Urgggghhhh still feeling low, anxiety lurking around also the ruminating thoughts are creaping back in. My mind feels not so sharp and a bit fuzzy. Any ideas????

Pip I've been on the high dose of 150 for about a month now do u think it could be that I just haven't settled on this dose yet?? The first 2.5 weeks were fine then boom.

I know wot everyone else feels like when u get like this u feel as if ur going backwards and that they've stopped working :( :(

Lou x

lost87
02-01-13, 15:59
Lou how long have you been on ven in total? 4weeks at 150mg maybe isnt long enough as you said to me in a previous post it takes 8weeks on a certain dose to take effect an i hope your right.
I have trouble with ruminating thoughts almost constant, mainly focusing on how i feel, my ex, and the future (mainly all negative), which then leads to my low mood! I really hope the meds at some point will sort that out.

pinkdove
02-01-13, 20:30
well my appointment was an eye opener for me to say the least, turns out after lung function and breathing tests i have copd, albeit a mild form, it is still very worrying. i have been prescribed 2 inhalors i to be taken as and when needed, the other once a day, i get that one tomorrow from the pharmacy, along with 8 weeks of patches to help me stop smoking.

i have been putting my tiredness and lack of motivation down to the ven when in fact i have a physicall illness, nothing to do with the meds at all.

it was decided i stay on the ven till at least i kick the smoking habit :scared15: then see how i feel, i know its not great being diagnosed with lung problems, but at least i know why i have been feeling so tired all the time.

have to book now for a flu jab, and have been told to rest up for a few days, as i am totally exhausted.....i will do that quite gladly :) thistime for me its not te meds or the anxiety, the ven has done a great job for me, just the smoking to tackle now xx

pip you sound really good :yesyes: and know you will be fine after a few hours back at work, knowing you, you will be ready to get involved again, as i know keeping busy is good for you, hope you had a relaxing day, and a short week ahead at work so that will ease you back gently xx

lou you need to give the 150 mg more time to work, if it works for you like it has for me, you will be fine xx

lost the mood is the last thig to lift, at least it was for me, but it did, and i can enjoy things again, which i never though i would, it will happen for you too, just give it a bit more time xx

TJSMITH
02-01-13, 20:40
Ah pink hope you ok???
It's difficult being on meds as put all sorts of things down to that or anxiety.

Well a little better doing after ten day blip it upsets me it's still underlying after six months as thought normal life would have resumed by now but we all have crosses to bare.

How's everyone else doing???
Let's hope it's a better year for us all xxx

rockbottok
02-01-13, 21:01
Lost yes I know I said it to u lol and it does take that long for full effects but I feel worse than I did on the 112.5mg. I was sooooo bad with ruminating but it did go away once I got better but It does creap back when I have a blip.

Pip u will know lol. X

TJSMITH
02-01-13, 21:12
Sorry to jump in but can I ask about the ruminating as the main symptom I have.
I'm on sertraline but can i ask how often your blips are roughly and do they last long?? I been on sert six months and the blips I have feel like square one again and never know how long they will last which always scares me.

Be grateful for feed back as starting to think it will always be present

Thanks tracy

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Ps on response to lou's post

Pipkin
02-01-13, 21:18
Pink,

Are you ok? I imagine that it must have come as a bit of a shock. I don't know that much about COPD but you must be at the very early stages of it where you can pretty much stop it getting worse. At least you know what it is now and can get the right treatment. Good luck with the smoking - I am intending to stop soon and I reckon we could help each other out. I'm going to cut right down and then stop in a few weeks.

PM me if you want to chat - you know I'm always here if you need me.

Pip :hugs:

xxxxxxx

Pipkin
02-01-13, 21:23
Lou,

When I increased, I reckon it took a good 2 months to settle. I definitely had some ups and downs in the first 6 weeks which weren't too bad but they did unsettle me a bit.

With ven, we're in it for the long haul. It seems to me that it's like turning an oil tanker rather than a nippy little sports car. Every change takes ages but when it's had the time to work, it can be great.

Pip xx

pinkdove
02-01-13, 21:40
aw thanks pip, yes if i stop smoking it will not get any worse, and it is a mild form, at the early stages, i have picked tuesday o sop smoking, dont know why, but she said pick a day that suits you,and you have no extra stress, i have some cigs at home, and i will be finished them about monday, and that will be it.

im not too worried as i have been diagnosed early, and have got the right medication, and a great gp,but it was def a wake up call.

thanks so much for your concern, so much apprecated :hugs:

clio51
02-01-13, 21:43
Hi All

Just quick question.

Do any of you whether on ven or any other med suffered from bruising. Mine is on my legs.

I just asking because it happened when I was on cipralex for 4 years and still now on ven. Its not only when I knock myself they just come up like today i had an itch and when i scratched it i'm left with black bruising.

Thanks.

Tracy... when I am anxious, I ruminate more it can be a really silly thought, just out of the blue something like I'm going mad, I will end up in a mental home etc etc . This has always been an issue for me and I have suffered from depression/anxiety/panic for over 30 years on and off. Think it's part of it for some of us, just depends what bothers you the most symptom wise. with some people it's palpatations others panic attacks etc.

Pink... sorry to hear about what doc said. bet you have been smoking years?? That's going to be another hard tasks for you to deal with. xx

Pipkin
02-01-13, 22:23
Pink - positive as always. You're such a trouper! I know you'll be fine with hubby and Rosie by your side, not to mention all your NMP family.

I'm off to bed so that I'm bright and breezy at 6am when I have to get up. A bit of a shock after a few lazy mornings!

Take care

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
02-01-13, 23:28
Good luck on giving up the smoking pink. I believe in the long run it will reapany rewards physically and mentally. You can do it. can only see it as a positive for someone with anxiety. Remember and take it one day at a time. x
Day 6 on 75mg and still here all be it low.
Pip, o start back tomorrow too. Been used to getting up at 10 ish. up in 8hrs - bum!

Routine will hopefully help transition to clomipramine

Nite peeps.

Oh nearly forgot- happy new year.

rockbottok
03-01-13, 01:21
Tracey...... My blips are usually only a few days and my ruminating totally subside when I'm feeling ok but as soon as I get a blip they creap up on me. That's the worst part for me as its always about my kids and wot if I turnt into a psyco and didn't know wot I was doing and hurt them or anyone else to that matter as I would never EVER be able to live with myself knowing I'd done something like that.. And I think it's always about my kids or loved ones cos they are the most important thing in my life. The other thing I ruminate about is the whole mental hospital malarkey cis another fear of mine is ending up in one just like Clio said. My ruminating is ALWAYS about the people and things that matter most in my life.

:( that was really hard to write all that cos I sound like a nutter. :(

Lou x

pinkdove
03-01-13, 16:27
pip if you hear a howling noise in east yorkshire, coming from west yorkshire next week........it will be me gagging for a fag :D

Pipkin
03-01-13, 17:22
pip if you hear a howling noise in east yorkshire, coming from west yorkshire next week........it will be me gagging for a fag :D

I thought you must have stopped already but it turns out it was the dog howling at next door's cat...

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
03-01-13, 21:31
You can do it pink. One day at a time.:)

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

How's everyone?

Pipkin
03-01-13, 21:41
Good here thanks Paul. First day back at work and I was quite anxious all morning but it soon wore off.

Pip

pinkdove
03-01-13, 22:14
paul d day on tuesday, how are you doing reducing the meds ? what dose are you on now ?

i have all the patches ready, i know it will be tough, but im determined to do it, as i dont fancy living my life on oxygen, early stages for me, so now the time to stop before it gets worse.

pip glad the first days over for you, always the worst, one more day then the weekend :)

hows everyone else ??

TJSMITH
03-01-13, 23:03
Hi everyone
Good luck pink, I still have the odd one since I had this illness and gave up six years ago silly I know. You are strong I know you can do it.
I found after two days it got a lot easier. I believe you are a positive person just from your posts, you will be fine.

My blip seems to have passed at last it's happening every month do think hormones are contributing. Do these blips ever stop ? As what I feel is not me when going through it.

I for now am ok so will relax and enjoy the near normal days lol....
Back to worn Monday with my reception kids so that will help.

Love to all xx

rockbottok
03-01-13, 23:47
Feeling a bit better today. Thank god. Still feel like a nutter with my last post :( xx

TJSMITH
04-01-13, 00:17
No I related to everything you said.
I went through very dark phase thinking the same things I couldn't watch anything to do with crime as I analysed what makes them do that?? What if I hurt my little girl and don't even remember as I have lost my mind etc... I love my kids and was scared as knew thinking these things even asked my hubbie to check on them.
I accepted this is a tired mind playing horrible games and thankfully it Stopped.

On my bad days now it's like something hovering over me that stops me enjoying things and I get very scared of going back to that place and even though a blip at the time I think what if Its not.

I thank you for your honesty and hope this helps as I had some thoughts the same and believe me I love my kids Part of reason I got like this apparently as spent two years fundraising so get my son to America for an op.

I think maybe this hits people that are hard on themselves xxx

rockbottok
04-01-13, 12:20
Thanks Tracey. That has made me feel better. Yes I did the same got everyone to check on them a d told my loved ones to watch me incase I lost my mind. Lol I also kept worrying like u that I would hurt them and not remember etc. I aswell wouldn't watch anythin to do with crime nor mental health. Made me worry even more. God this illness is vile wot it does to us :(

I love my kids more than anythin and would never do anythin like that. It's not until ur well that u realise that it's ur mind playing games etcx

Lou xx

Pipkin
04-01-13, 13:18
Hi all,

Well, my second day back at work and it's good to be in a routine again. As the weather's actually nice today, I've gone for a walk and thought I'd check in.

It was exactly 12 months ago today that I had a major anxiety episode where I ended up in bed for days, not eating and generally being pretty much hysterical, culminating in a trip to hospital. I wish I could say I'm now 100% better but at least I'm about 95% there which is probably as good as it gets for me. I'm actually a bit more anxious today but that's due to thinking about last year. I hope that never happens to me again. I know most of you have been there so you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I hope everyone's ok today - it's been fairly quiet on here recently but I guess you're all recovering from the usual Christmas mayhem. Enjoy a relaxing weekend.

Keep posting and take care

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
04-01-13, 13:59
Hi pip
I go back Monday and can't wait for normal routine, pleased you ok.
It's will be a year for me this week too, which started with mu collapsing in a leisure centee and like you never want to feel that bad again.

I also cant say I'm 100% me as still have the underlying fear but so much better than I was if I look back. Let's hope it carries on improving but in my case I think hormones are also playing there part so could be a while yet lol as I'm only 38.

How's everyone else????

clio51
04-01-13, 14:35
hi all

Does anybody take there ven at night time??? and if so any difference at all

Thanks

rockbottok
04-01-13, 15:09
Tracey.....I'm on 27 so I've got even longer grrrr.

I do find I'm more low during this time of year. Think it's the weather and dark days. I love the summer.

Pip.....was that ur first episode a year ago?? My last bad episode was 2 years ago now. Still scares me to ever get like that again. I've had 2 massive episodes and I never thought if get out of that dark hole both times

Lou xx

TJSMITH
04-01-13, 15:36
Does anyone ever recover 100% or am I wishful thinking.

Lou I have had symptoms for a while but cant get it confirmed as blood tests not reliable, my mum was my age but took two years before they confirmed was she was put on hrt which works for her and do wonder if that would be better for me.

What it is to be a women lol

rockbottok
04-01-13, 15:54
Omg I wish I was a man sometimes lol xx

nicola1980
04-01-13, 17:01
Hi all, ive got the flu so im stuck in bed :weep: i honestly feel like death and really wish id had the flu jab this year that i was supposed too, im too poorly to even look after jack at the min so in between hubby beng at home hes either with my mum or my sister, doc said it could take me about 3 weeks to fully recover :ohmy: sending :hugs: to everyone xxxx

Pipkin
04-01-13, 17:02
Lou,

No it wasn't my first, just my worst. I was first diagnosed with an anxiety disorder at 19 (I'm 42 now) but I've had it since at least my early teens. I can't believe it's been so long...

Pip x

william wallace
04-01-13, 17:19
Hi all, ive got the flu so im stuck in bed :weep: i honestly feel like death and really wish id had the flu jab this year that i was supposed too, im too poorly to even look after jack at the min so in between hubby beng at home hes either with my mum or my sister, doc said it could take me about 3 weeks to fully recover :ohmy: sending :hugs: to everyone xxxx

Have one of these Nic:hugs:and if you need someone to come rub Vicks on your chest, I'm your man:D

nicola1980
04-01-13, 17:31
Have one of these Nic:hugs:and if you need someone to come rub Vicks on your chest, I'm your man:D
Aha Mr W :D you can always cheer me up lol xx

pinkdove
04-01-13, 17:38
sorry you're poorly nicola, just come back from having flu jab, on doctors orders with having copd, cant take the chance of getting it, hope you feel better soon hun. have one of these from me to :hugs:

lou it will be 3 years this july since my worst episode, never want to go back there EVER. remember it as if it was yesterday, horiible, but we have all come a long way, and im sure we'll all get back to 100% xx

tracey i know the menopause and hormones add to my anxiety, and every 4 weeks or so for a couple of days i feel worse, and i used to wonder if hrt would help, we'll get there hun xx

pip, the weekend is here now, i know what you mean about thinking back, i think we all do that, but that time has passed now, you have come through it because you are a strong positive person, and you will no be going there again, you now have the knowledgeto recognise when things are slipping, you proved that when you knew you needed to increase your meds........3 days to howling day :scared15: hope you have a good weekend xx

rockbottok
04-01-13, 18:54
Good luck pink.

Pip.....on ur worst episode were u totally off ur meds then? Or were they just not working??

Nic. Good to hear from u. Was worried when u hadn't been on. How u feeling other than the flu?

Lou x

nicola1980
04-01-13, 19:01
Hi Lou, anxiety been lurking but think thats cause i feel so rough, seeing shrink a week on monday and really going to lay my cards on the table to her cause im still not where i want to be anxiety wise :-( xx

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Pink good luck on giving up the fags, i really should aswel as i have asthma too xx

TJSMITH
04-01-13, 19:21
Ah nic hope you better soon, my throat sore so think im coming down with something.
My son been ill for three days and barely out of bed, considering walk in centre as now more than a little concerned.

Anxiety wise im ok last couple of days but always underlying and yet to have a day where dont think about it at all, but at least can function at this level.

Nic do you not feel that the meds doing enough??? i was considering an increae to see if the fear feeling goes altogether but really dont want if doesnt make any difference, that or come off all together either way its scary.

xx

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

ps Mr W how are you??? I see you checked in. we miss you :)

Pipkin
04-01-13, 20:02
Pink - thanks for the encouragement. You're right, we have learned to cope better but it's hard not to look back sometimes. Strange as this might seem though, being so ill has helped me to some extent and it has definitely made me more sympathetic to other people. Although I never (ever!) want to go there again, I don't think I'd change anything, if I could. For one thing, I wouldn't have joined this site and met all you lovely people :winks:

Lou - I had been off meds completely for 8 or 9 years but had felt myself getting progressively worse. My GP prescribed sertraline and I'm sure it was that that pushed me over the edge. I then asked to be put back on ven which I was on originally and was also prescribed beta blockers as my physical symptoms were so bad that I could hardly function. After not having eaten or slept for days, it was the biggest relief I've ever felt. Since then, I've improved every month. How about you? Did something trigger it in particular?

Pip xx

rockbottok
04-01-13, 20:49
Nic...... I feel the same at the mo. increased to 150 about a month ago and really struggling. Feel low and a bitter anxiety. Hope it will settle soon tho.

Lou x

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Pip. Ummm It started when I had my first child. I'm a worrier anyway and the lack of sleep for 3 days of being in labour just made me really lose it. And way was really hard was I sort of blamed it on him and couldn't bond for a while. But I sort of got over that episode quite well and quite quickly it was my sexing big episode that was the worst an that was when I was pregnant with my little girl, I fell preg and a dr said to me that is prob be ok off them as pregnancy produces happy hormones so I just stopped them and 4 weeks later I was the biggest mess and all I could think was it was the fact that I'm pregnant and that I couldn't cope an got into a vicious circle and wasn't sleeping wouldn't take any meds and it came to the point wher the dr said I was doing more harm not taking them than I would if I took my meds. So I started taking them and 8 weeks later I was ok and looking forward to the baby. But prior to that I couldn't talk about the baby, couldn't look at the scans, and couldn't buy or look at baby stuff cos I was petrified I couldn't cope etc. so glad I took them in the end as she was fine, no withdrawal or anythin. As soon as I had her I upped the meds just incase and I did have a few little crys but nothing to bad.

Lou xx

lost87
05-01-13, 19:47
Hey guys ive just found out about an hour ago that my ex, who ive been really struggling to get over from may hence my anxiety/depression has been going with another guy from august and im really scared just finding this out is going to set me back as ive been feeling that bit better of the last week or 2.

Ive been wrecking my braiins from the breakup wondering what shes been doing and who she's been with and im really hoping that finding this out i can finally get closure from it , and try to start to move on.

It just really hurts because i do still love her, and it just sickens me abit how she can do that when i cant even think about kissing another girl.

She's only 20 im 25, an the reason wee splitt was for her to live her life abit so i sort of new this was coming, i just pray this doesnt have a really bad impact on me. Ive punched a hole through my bedroom door in anger and took 2 diazepam to try calm me down abit :(

Any1 any experiences with this, she was my first love.

spawn
06-01-13, 00:43
Hey peeps, sorry haven't posted in a while, been busy with work etc.
Been feeling good until thurs, been lightheaded since, and got a dry mouth sometimes?
Been having real vivid dreams and night sweets again as well?
I think it's all down to the Ven? I'm seeing my doctor on the 11th, so I will tell her about it, I'm also hoping she will agree on me dropping my dose down to 112.5mg because I think this will help? I'm having no anxiety or depression issues anymore which is great, I've had a good couple of months :)
One thing which hasn't gone away is the ringing in my ears which I've had for 5-6 months? It's got really bad again now?

Hope everyone's well.
Gav.

kittikat
06-01-13, 00:53
Hi Gav,

Great to hear you have been doing so well. I am still on 75mg and I am actually glad that I held out and didn't increase as I am finding that I am just starting to feel the real benefits now after just over 4 months.

I do have the dry mouth a lot and sometimes feel lightheaded. I also have lots of strange & vivid dreams and occasional night sweats. I think this is all part & parcel of the side effects. I would rather all that than the awful anxiety.

I would definitely speak to your doc about the tinnitus, I have not had that as such, sometimes just a pulsating in my ear but not too bothersome. That must be quite a difficult one to live with....I hope it can be sorted out.

Take care, Kitti x

Hope everyone else is doing ok :hugs: xx

spawn
06-01-13, 10:21
Hey kitti, yeh I'm sure it's just side effects of the Ven, I didn't have it when on 75mg, so I'm hoping a decrease may help me? I just feel drugged up sometimes? I don't want to rush reducing the meds so I will talk it through with my doctor. I've had a really good couple of months, I would say 9/10.
Glad ur getting on well, and your anxiety levels have dropped.
Have a good day peeps.

Pipkin
06-01-13, 11:02
Gav,

I still get some side effects on 150 including vivid dreams and a bit of a don't-careish feeling sometimes. For me though, it's a small price to pay. I guess it's just weighing up the pros and cons.

You really do seem to be doing well so think carefully before reducing your dose and make sure you've taken some action to deal with some of the issues which caused your anxiety in the first place. Looking back at some of your old posts might help you decide.

Take care

Pip

pinkdove
06-01-13, 11:32
morning guys, yea its just getting the dose right, i still feel like i'd lik to reduce a bit, but have decided to wait a couple of months.

well i've had a right test of my anxiety and capability last night when i rang the out of hours gp for my hubby, he was in really bad pain in his stomach, sick, dizzy and feeling faint, in view of his recent diagnosis of type 2 daibetes, and asthma, i thought it best to get some help.

cutting a long story short, they decided we needed the paramedics :scared15: after an hour of various tests, we saw a gp, who gave him strong painkillers, and told us they were sure it was a bug of some kind, that was ater midnight, following a long and stressfull night, he is feeling a bit better today, thank god, need to get him medicated for the diabetes as his sugar levels are high.

what i am trying to say is i coped with all of that last nght, feeling the usuall panic, but kept calm for him, and went out with him at midnight and drove him home. done my florence nightingale all night, so that was a real test for me, and i coped so well :D

kittikat
06-01-13, 12:01
Well done Pink, It's strange how we can cope when we have to isn't it!! Like being on autopilot, we just have to get on with it.

I wish your hubby a speedy recovery and good on you for keeping calm and coping in difficult circumstances. :yesyes: Kitti xx

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

Oh, forgot to take my ven dose last night :scared15: have a pounding headache today. Anyone done this before? Hope that's all I get, I feel a bit crappy today :doh:

spawn
06-01-13, 12:02
Well done Pink! :)
Pip I know what your saying, and I have dealt with all the issues that put me in this place, so I'm happy with that. Although sometimes you may have no control over them. My social anxiety has also gone, so I think that was just a one off thing?

I'm feeling alittle down now today, just thinking about how this all happened, and how anxiety has changed my life the last 6 months, I keep asking myself if il ever go back to how I was? I know I'm nearly there because I've had a great couple of months, guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself and wish it never happened!

I know others are in worse positions, guess I'm just venting my feelings!
Gav.

clio51
06-01-13, 15:59
hi all

seems like today is a down day for a few of us!!

well done pink for coping very well in a stressful situation.

well I am not coping at all well with SLEEP, I go to bed feeling tired and it can take me up to 2 and a half hours to drop off.

I have never slept straight through for many years, but at least I was getting off to sleep and having a few hours and then getting of again.

But last night was the last straw went to bed at 12.30 and was still there 2 hours later tossing and turning constantly waking up never felt like I had been to sleep this morning waking up to phone ringing at 9.30 aghhhh didn't now what day it was!! think Iv'e had about 3 hours kip all in all

I feel sooo tired,no energy,numb,not with it and also irratable just want to sleep but can't, it's not ruminating it's just thing popping up in mind can be anything silly it's like my mind won't switch off when in bed, tried counting 100 backwards no joy.

So what I want to know any of you been worse since being on ven with sleep?? ie been good sleeper and now not, or struggling with sleep more now being on ven??? Be honest please,

I'm on 150mg have been on that dose for 7 weeks, I don't feel as depressed
as I was and when Iv'e had a better sleep can cope slightly better than this.

I feel sooo drained and exhausted, gos I hope I sleep tonight goinng to take zopiclone as I can't risk another night without sleep it will send me back to where I was months ago.

sorry for the moan but really struggling.
also going to tell doc tomorrow morning when I go, and psych end of month.

best wishes everyone:bighug1:

pinkdove
06-01-13, 16:17
clio, i would say that you should see the benefits from the 150mg dose. my leep was terrible at first, now i can sleep 9 hours a night, and its been better sice taking ven.

you should talk to your gp about it, nothing worse than sleep deprivation, hope you get a beter sleep tonight, have a wee dram :D

Pipkin
06-01-13, 16:52
Hi all,

Having lazy day after a long walk this morning. Sat watching darts which I find strangely therapeutic - I think it's all the mental arithmetic!

Lou - thanks for telling us about your situation. It must have been heartbreaking to go through that and you've done so well. It's amazing what we can deal with when we have to.

Pink - well done on getting through last night - it must have been frightening. I hope hubby's feeling better today. Are you bracing yourself for the big no smoking day? Patches at the ready...

Take care

Pip xxx

karenp
06-01-13, 17:28
Hi every one. I just thought I'd pop on the Ven thread to say hello and see how every one is getting. I've been on Cipralex for 8 weeks now, slowly going up to the theraputic dose and am almost there and have had some really great days but feel really anxious at the mo, though it feels like the Cipralex is supressing it if that makes any sense which is weirdy.I've had a really bad cold so i don't know if that's got anything to do with it like you Nicola. I seem to recall whenever I was ill on Citalopram it didn't work as well. How are you any how Nicola now? Feelling better I hope (:
Clio I totally feel for you with regards to sleep deprivation as I've struggled for months to sleep but it is getting better for me now or was until I started with this BLIP.
Lou I started with my anxiety when I was having my little boy, he was planned and I was so hapy I was pregnant at first but then it got to the stage where I had panic attacks if I even saw a baby on telly and I couldn't go in his nursery at all or buy anything for him, it all stemmed from being sick 24/7 and not being able to eat anything at all, luckily as soon as he was born, my anxiety left me and I bonded with William right away but I still to this day feel guilty and deprived of what should have been a wonderful time.
Hope evry one else is doing ok and happy new year to you all xxx

clio51
06-01-13, 19:02
Hi all

There's a lot of flu and virus's going about this time of years isnt there.

My son has got virus, he as had it 10 days mostly coughing and flem.

well went to bed at 5.30 for lye down thought I might nod off , just got up now 7pm, NO SUCH LUCK so ended up just laying there as sooo tired guys.

take care.xx

nicola1980
06-01-13, 19:20
Hi all, well im feeling alot better flu wise now thank goodness, Pink sorry to hear about your husband, i hope he gets better soon but sounds like you coped brilliantly, since ive had the flu my anxiety has really been playing up :mad: we went out for dinner today to save me cooking and i felt bloody awful with my anxiety but forced myself to go and felt better once there, seeing shrink a week tomo so see what she says! :hugs: to everyone xxxxx

pinkdove
06-01-13, 20:45
nicola probably the flu symptoms have increased your anxiety, i know when im ill my anxiety soars as well, give it a few more days and im sure you'll settle down again. what a start to the year, it can only get betterxx

pip i have just under a packet of fags left. so will be stopping tomorrow when they are finished :ohmy: really determied to do it this time, but i know it wont be easy....patches at the ready.

my hubby is feeling better today, we have both had a wee nap today, im sure we will sleep well tonight, loads of friends and family ringing today, nice to have that support :D

karen nice to hear from you, stick with it you are doing well xx

paul where are you ? how are you feeling ???

Annip
07-01-13, 11:04
Hi all, Having a relaxing day today. Hubby back to work and I've been released from child-minding duties.
Have been reading alot of the posts on here. I suffered with severe anxiety about 5 years back and ended up in hospital after having a panic attack. I knew nothing about why this had happened to me at the time. Since then I have researched and read many things about it. I have sent off for videos, Cds books etc. This has helped enormously. I now have a wealth of knowledge of tips and ideas of what to do when I'm feeling anxious (which isn't often now I'm on Ven) I've also learned to 'go' with it and try not to worry that I'm going backwards. As soon as I start to worry I have set thought plans i think about and push the worries away. I also find it helps to write it all down. It also helps to share everything on this site. Every time I have a negative thought I consciously push it away. NONE of this is easy..it takes hard work and there are days when I don't want to do any of this...I find those are my bad days. It helps to have sleep. Clio.. I sympathise with you..try taking 2 zopiclone nightly, for a week and see if you can get into a sleep pattern. If you like music, play some at night thats soothing.
Pink..you are doing so well. I just know you'll be able to give up smoking..you are so strong. Hope your hubby is recovering.
Stay strong and determined everyone..keep taking the ven.It will help you but also try and help it along yourself too
Anni xxx

clio51
07-01-13, 14:22
hi
annip, glad things are going well for you.

nic. good your over the cold

pink excellent hubby doing better, don't think I could of coped so well, well done.

karen. anxiety probably up because you havn't been feeling well, I know this does for me because without realizing it we become down and more anxious because we feel slightly different in our bodies.

well spoke to sister on pysch ward last night at my local hospital, and told her how I have been over last few days. She said it's fine to take 2 3.75mg zopiclone an hour before bed, also said I could take 2mg diazapam (7pm then) as I was getting anxious and things were going through my mind.

well I can honestly say I dont remember trying to fall asleep, slept till 5.30am turned over fell back no prob and woke at 9.30am fantastic .

Been to doctors for my fortnightly check and told her what I did, She's told me to take the Activax which is an antihestamine which is the first thing they try to give you before sleeping tablets.

so the plan is 2 Activax tonight,see how sleep is tonight if they work as well take them again tomorrow night, then have a break of at least 2 free night without medication.
If all fails with Activax and they don't help the next night take 2 Zopiclone together, but have at least 2 nights without any.

So within a few weeks hopefully might see some vast improvements lol!!!!

best wishes and take care everyone xxxx:bighug1:

pinkdove
07-01-13, 15:31
clio brilliant, so pleased you got some sleep :yesyes: sounds like you have a good plan, good luck with it, when you get your sleep pattern sorted im sure you will feel better.

well this is d day for me, only got 3 cigs left, so will be stopping later today rather than tomorrow, i dont want to buy anymore, hubby much better, thanks for all your good wishes, you have all been great as usuall.

still feeling a bit tired, but i think its just the aftermath of the weekend and will hopefully pass.

hows everyone else doing ?????

paul, slowfish where are you both xx

nicola1980
07-01-13, 15:33
Good luck Pink :hugs: i really must give up myself :blush: xx

Sober2000june
07-01-13, 18:03
All t

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Pink, all the bestfor tomorrow and good your hub on mend.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Dropping to 56.25mg tomorrow. Boss took me aside on Fri for a chat. Was thinking long overdue as hasn't asked in months. Thought it was to ask how I was coping but unfortunately it was to tell me my productivity was less than others in office. Was bit of kick in the guts, but I need to realise he doesn't understand - he's already told me he wasn't good with his wife's pnd, so Im trying not to take it personally. Unfortunately I have spent most of weekend with a resentment and trying to rationalize if Im just a lazy b. Good thing tho it gave me something to focus on.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

The immature part of me thinks of opening a few caps and putting in his tea to give home a bit of insight . Only joking wouldn't wish this on anyone.

pinkdove
07-01-13, 18:09
paul cant believe your dropping that low already, what as it been like for you, you were on 225mg at one time.

your boss sounds like a right git, god help his wife when she was ill, has he no compasion, dont try to rationalize it paul. you do fantastic to continue to work with all thats going on, lets hope he never has to suffer, i bet he'd be on long term sick. well done in reducing, have you used diazapam ?

Pipkin
07-01-13, 18:09
Good luck Pink - you can do it! Make sure you've got plenty of healthy snacks around as I know you can get the munchies when you give up smoking. I stopped for a year once and found it ok though I stupidly started again. Not next time...

Pip xxx

nicola1980
07-01-13, 18:40
Paul bloody hell you've dropped loads, hope your coping ok :hugs: you made me lol about putting some in his tea tho :D seriously i think your doing brilliantly even by just managing to go to work everyday, i still don't think i could manage a job at the min even after how far ive come xxx

Sober2000june
07-01-13, 21:16
Thanks guys. TBH 75 much better than 225 anxiety wise. Need to book an appt with my shrink again. Another 200 i could do without this time of year. oh well.

Still no diaz yet Pink. dontknow how that'll last as i'm on a course all week. 30 odd hrs of someone talking at you is pretty full on twith this ilness so maybe "mother's little helpers" will be coming out!

:hugs:

Annip
08-01-13, 10:03
Hi all
Clio-so pleased you had a good nights sleep. It so helps to cope with stuff in the day if you've had some sleep, and its a release from all the worries. Hope it stays like that for you and you can get some rest. Good luck
Anni xx

rockbottok
08-01-13, 16:23
Pink how's the smoking going? X

pinkdove
08-01-13, 18:25
lou much harder than i thought, rand gp as she had gave me 15mg patches step2 she has left me a week of 21mg and if its easier will leave more, so will use 21mg patch tomorrow. havent had a fag today :yesyes: but its not been easy,

how are you feeling ? loved the video off the pups, especially the white one....so cute !!!!

rockbottok
08-01-13, 23:11
Awww cute aren't they. She's reserved but in hoping they pull out. I need her. Yes I'm feeling ok thanks. Well done u for no fags tho xx

Sober2000june
09-01-13, 20:11
Quiet today folks. That's day 1 of 56mg and so so. I'm now in that territory of do I just go med free and live with my low but what iv coke to accept normality or take a gamble on clomipramine? Decision decision

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Only thing about now is Im realising how much Im bored and unmotivated at work.

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Still better than the insanity that has been.my med go round so far

pinkdove
09-01-13, 20:23
paul well done, i would still take it easy decreasing, you.ve done it quick, maybe wait then 37,5, see how you feel then x

yep quiet on here today, day 2 of no fags, much harder than i thought, i find the mornings a nightmare, and as the day goes on it gets easier, see what tomorrow brings, try to keep busy, at least my mind has something else to focus on now.

if i can get off the fags i will cut down the meds, my sister in law went from 150mg to 75mg just before christmas and has had no real problems, and already lost 8 lbs without trying, so that gives me great hope on the weight issuexx

hows everyone doing ????

Sober2000june
09-01-13, 20:58
Thats great with the cigs Pink:hugs:. You should read the "Just for today card" , we use it in the AA fellowship to help live in the day.

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for 12 hours that would appal me if I felt I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

I have applied this over and over especially the depression

spawn
09-01-13, 21:27
Hey peeps, day 1 of my reduction to 112.5mg,still feel much the same and lightheaded? Im feeling good in myself and getting along well with the business.

To all the people who have reduced in the past what SE's did you experience?
Thanks Gav.

ps.. hope everyones had a good day! :)

pinkdove
09-01-13, 22:13
thanks paul

good luck gav

where are you pip, can you hear me howling ????

Sober2000june
09-01-13, 22:14
Gav, reduction so far, better than increase

Paul

spawn
09-01-13, 22:21
Gav, reduction so far, better than increase

Paul

My increase was easy, and painless! :)
Hopefully reduction will be aswell!

Pipkin
09-01-13, 22:22
Pink - I'm here! I thought I could hear some strange noise echoing down the M62. How's it going?

I've not been in from work for long and I'm exhausted! I'm having a really busy week and I'm off to bed shortly. I'm feeling fine otherwise. I knew I'd be anxious on Monday so I popped a beta blocker on Sunday night and felt fine.

Gav - when I came off ven altogether last time I felt dizzy and headachy for a couple of weeks and then it passed. It wasn't very pleasant but then I went from 75mg to nothing overnight so it was my own fault. Stick with it and you'll be ok in a few days.

Now off to bed. I'll be back tomorrow with a bit more energy.

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
10-01-13, 13:15
hi pip day 3 and its been harder than i thought, i could kill for a fag in the morning, but it gets easier as the day goes on, so by evening, dont really think about it much, so onwards i go.

you are working late this week, hope you are remembering some you time, and this is your first full week for a while, so take it easy, nearly the weekend..hope you have some time off.

gav and paul watching you both with interest with the decrease, really think you are both doing great :D

wheres all the girlies ????

Tony52
10-01-13, 15:31
Hi to all my Venny pals, sorry not been on here since Christmas Day but going through a rough time recently. Will tell you all about it later when I have caught up with all the pages since Christmas. GP has taken me off Ven 187.5 mg for 3 complete days and tonight I will be taking my first dose of 15mg Mertazapine.Unfortunately the Ven was not working as it should after about 7 months and things had to change.Worked twice before on 75 mg ,but not this time unfortunately. Haven't felt any worse than last dose of Ven and possibly a little better at times but last night didn't sleep well. Came as a bit of a shock to go straight to another AD without being weaned off which I was a bit scared of this time. No crawling up the walls or anything so that might be helpful to anyone changing their meds from Ven.See how things go in the next few days. Weird things these AD's.
Hope we are all feeling better this year and we will all be back to being normal,happy people like everyone else. :)

clio51
10-01-13, 16:58
hi all

pink excellent keep going gal

gav and Paul how is decrease going

Tony you mean you went 3 days without any meds then started thethe more?? how did you cope with that,did you have any withdrawal as??

kitti how are you ????

well much better day for me today, had a really good sleep last nite with the help of 2 zopiclone. put earphones in to listen to relaxation CD and don't remember anything till 5.30am then fell back to sleep till 9am fantastic!!!!!! wish it was always like that guys

hi to everyone else xx

Tony52
10-01-13, 18:04
Clio Yes, I took my last 187.5 mg Ven on monday morning and tonight I take my first dose of 15 mg Mertazipine.No Ven in between.I did ask my GP about being weaned off ,but she said to have no Ven for 3 full days .In fact ,it will be more like 4 days.She gave me Diazapam 5mg if I needed it but not required.Never had Diazapam before and hopefully will never need it. Feeling slightly better than I was on Monday,if anything. I was feeling realy, realy bad at that point ,so still feeling 'not good' ,but much easier to cope with.Doesn't realy make sense after more than 3 days with no Ven or other meds.

Haven't read the Mert leaflet and will take the dose tonight with a glass of water before bedtime. Don't wanna know the SE's.
I am feeling positive that my new med will work and I will not have a hard time on it. I will say that over and over to myself before I fall asleep tonight.
Just edited post to make it clear I am not on Ven at all any more,just Mertazipine. Apparently you can take both at the same time I think.
:yesyes:

pinkdove
10-01-13, 18:24
good luck tony, dont read the leaflet, just have faith in the meds, you are doing the right thing, 7 months is long enough to do its job (or not ).

clio getting a good nights sleep :yesyes: hope it continues for you hunni. take care xx

still no fags yet !!!! :wacko:

Pipkin
10-01-13, 18:41
Keep up the good work Pink! You can do it.

Still tired today but at least I'm back from work now. Another long day tomorrow but then it's the weekend. Yay! I'm lying on the bed reading for a bit at the minute but I can feel a nap coming on so I'll sign off.

Yes, where are all my girlie ven buddies...? Pink and Clio - I think it's just you 2 at the minute.

Pip xxx

nicola1980
10-01-13, 18:41
Hi guys, Tony ive been on mirt, you'll def sleep well on it but be prepared for the vivid dreams...its like being in a film lol!! Cilo glad you got some sleep, rest is so important :hugs: Pink well done with the no fags you go girl :yahoo: i really need to at least cut back on mine as smoking way too much :blush: ive been loads better this week, am gradually getting over the flu but its drained me im exhausted!! hope everybody else is ok :hugs: xxxxxx

spawn
10-01-13, 23:22
Hey everyone! Well haven't noticed any SE's with my reduction of Ven yet, but only day 2.
Still feel lightheaded? That's a week now?
Just don't get it, also my ears are really ringing still?
Oh well, onwards!
Hope everyone's getting on well? I've got doctors appointment in the morning so see what she says?

Gav.

rockbottok
11-01-13, 01:17
Guys.....blip over and I'm feeling alot better. Hope u are all doing well too. Well fine pink on no fags, must b over the worst part now surely, (I wouldn't know as I'm not a smoker)

Lou xx

Tony52
11-01-13, 09:44
Hi All,
got up about 8.30 a.m. and had a good nights sleep after first dose of mert.
Felt a bit anxious in bed before getting up but there is a bit of tension in the house at the moment so it was not surprising.
After getting up felt more relaxed so on the whole it is going fine on day 1.
Hope we all have a good day today. :)

Annip
11-01-13, 11:17
Hi all
things sound good at the mo for everyone. Good luck to those reducing. Well done Pink..I don't know what its like to stop smoking as I never have..but you are doing so well. Hope ther mert works well for you Tony. Don't understand why some meds work once, twice and then don't another time. This happened to me with citilopam. First time was great but 2nd time was horrendous and had awful reaction to it. Thats why I was swapped to ven..which touch wood ..has been great for keeping me going.
xxxAnni

Sober2000june
11-01-13, 16:12
Glad you shared that tony as Im in the transition from venla to Clomipramine. On day 3 of 56mg. Iv given it 10 months at various doses. I feel you start to believe you are not going it right, when on fact its just needeing to go back to drawing board. However you become torn between hanging on to the purgatory we know -my experience anyway.

Tony52
11-01-13, 17:20
Paul
Yes,looking back at the posts ,I could see you were in transition.I had been on Ven for 7 months up till Monday on various doses up to 225 mg.Sometimes it was upped from 150 to 187.5 and 225mg,and then lowered down to 187.5 and 150 mg but just not working as it should.
I would honestly think after looking at posts here that I was feeling so much worse than everyone else. It was not true of course cos we are all suffering. Worked twice before on 75mg for me ,but why is it not working now I would think.Don't make sense but that's AD's I guess.

It did surprise me that my state of mind since my last 187.5 mg Ven on Monday is just better and more 'with it',but not complaining or trying to find out why.

I do agree with you about 'the purgatory we know'. It is a big step after bad experiences going from one med to another and not knowing what lies ahead. I now know hopefully with Mert that I will get a smooth ride.
I am sure the same thing will happen to you with Clomipramine.
Hope everyone else out there is feeling good. :) :footy: :)

pinkdove
12-01-13, 09:43
im ready to buy 10 fags, this is so hard n the morning :wacko:

Pipkin
12-01-13, 10:20
You can do it Pink. The hardest part is right now and if you can last another week, it'll start to get easier.

Don't give in!!

Pip :hugs:

TJSMITH
12-01-13, 10:25
Nooooo pink don't do it, trust me it gets better if you can beat anxiety you can do this.
You are doing so so well. Go and treat yourself instead with the money you saved do far.

Hope everyone ok, I'm back at school really busy but check on here daily.

Love to all xxx

Tony52
12-01-13, 10:36
Pink,
I gave up smoking 30 years ago,mainly to play squash and tennis better.
Very hard to start with as I used to get through 20 B & H a night when I was on the pints of lager partying etc.
Managed to do it and never looked back since then.
You can do it pink, and you have got a much better reason for me to get through it.
:ban:Put a ban on those ciggys. You know it makes sense. :winks:

Sober2000june
12-01-13, 15:56
Remeber Pink, to apply "I can do something for 12 hours that would appal me if I felt I had to keep it up for a lifetime". I have used this mantra over and over many times and it works - well it has for me so far for the last 4600 days or 9200 half days:hugs:. This will so much enhance your life and reduce anxiety!Remeber, its the nicotine addiction thats trying to do your thinking for you at the moment , but as they say in the fellowship "this too shall pass":hugs:

Have a good Sat folks:hugs:
Paul

pinkdove
12-01-13, 18:44
:noangel: i bought them !!!! just couldnt do it this morning, have used the lower patch and have had 4 today, will allow myself one more, but i am determined to kick it, thanks for all your advice, should have read the posts first :doh: feel a bit of a failure, but i was eatig way too much and worried about further weight gain, i know excuses excuses, i will do it, if i can just reduce just now, and tackle my weight.

hows everyone else doing ?

nicola1980
12-01-13, 18:54
Hi, Pink your not a faliure at all and you've only had 4 today compared to my 20 :blush: don't be hard on yourself at least you've cut down :hugs: im not too good today but seeng shrink on monday and going to have a real good talk to her as i just can't seem to put a lid on this anxiety so don't know whether need an iincrease or a change completly?? hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xxx

clio51
12-01-13, 19:57
Paul.... how's the transition going? no it's early days yet.

pink.... don't be hard on your self cutting back that much is excellent, one day at a time I don't smoke so I really don't know what it's like but if it's anything like trying to get through the day with anxiety it's mega hard. so if you want one I say have one just like diazepam when you need one of them lol.

Nicola..... this anxiety is shit isn't it, thought you had yours under control ?

well not a good day for me today, did without sleeping tablet last night for a break . last night before bed something happened to my back don't know what but kept getting spasm ,God it was horrible couldn't turn over or I would get spasm in back. so I was scared to move in case I got another!!
didn't sleep good at all. so decided to go to John Lewis's today God it was like Xmas really packed thought they were giving it away.
well whilst in there out of the blue I felt like a was going to faint, omg grabbed hold of partner and said get me out. when walking to go out and calmed down slightly I said no I'm not running away. so managed to stay for 20 mins.
but since then I can't get the thought out of my mind I'm fine for while then it comes back.
how do you guys deal with set backs?? tried doing things but it comes bloody back again haunting me.

xxx love and best wishes to everyone

still got bloody spasms in back

pinkdove
12-01-13, 20:03
nicola, it might be just a blip, you've done so well, and coped with much more than you could have dreamt off this past few months.

it would be a shame to have to change this far down the lone, but your psyc will advise you, just think about the time when you were retchin every day, and your mum had to cancel her holiday, you have come so far, so dont be hard on yourself either, sometimes when i feel crap, i read back on my old posts just to see how far ive come, it helps.

thanks for your encouragement, i needed that, take care xx

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

sorry clio crossed posts, i know how you feel i have left my trolley full and ran out of the supermarket because i felt faint, and like you couldnt stop thinking about it, its really horrible, but you managed to stay 20 minutes, so thats a hugh achievement, i think as we get better the blips are easier to get passed, you will get there.

just a thought but if you get the spasms in your back again, take a diazapam, doc told me to take them when i had that, as they are a relaxant and will help with the pain. keep going you are doing great xx

nicola1980
12-01-13, 20:04
Thanks Pink, ive been ok this last week and then today i woke up feeling sick and quite anxious so of course i panicked, im finding it hard seeing my mum grieving for her Dad and at the same time seeing my Dad grieving for his, it breaks my heart it really does :weep: especially as im grieving for them both xxx

pinkdove
12-01-13, 20:08
time is a healer nicola, and you are all going through the grieving process, which is normal, i know its hard to see you parents grieving, and you will feel their pain, but you need to look after yourself, you cant afford to slip back, what you are feeling just now is normal.

try to concentrate on jack, and lean on hubby, talk to your psyc about it all, im sure she will be really pleased with the way you have coped, you're doing well, yo're nearlt there xx

clio51
12-01-13, 20:11
thanks pink never thought of that , but yes will do

nicola1980
12-01-13, 20:33
Clio ive ran out many shops this past year or ive clung to hubby as ive felt faint, i remember being in a cafe once and a wave of panic hit me and i just ran out leaving hubby still sat there lol and i didnt stop running till i got bak to my car, i can laugh about it now but at the time i was petrified x x

JezKnowsBest
13-01-13, 11:15
Hello everyone, just checking in on you all!

I've been switched to the modified release as I was getting the brain zaps before it was time for my next dose. Doc said it will also really help with the tiredness, which would be great.
Had a lot of stress here, my fiance's bike has been in and out of the garage, we fix one thing and another thing goes wrong! On Friday he was half way home from work when the clutch went, luckily he hadn't reached the moors yet or he'd be in the middle of nowhere in the pitch black(no lighting there at all, just cats eyes) with no mobile reception! You can probably imagine what that does for my anxiety, it's bad enough knowing he's driving across the moors on a motorbike in thick mist and snow with sheep and ponies wandering across the road without warning let alone thinking he could be broken down and unable to contact me.
He had to stay at my parents overnight as it's closer to his work, my Dad will drop him back here tonight then he has two days off. Two days for which we're forecast snow! We're really far south(Dartmoor) but because we're so high up we get snow when Newcastle is still getting drizzle haha. That's something to look forward to, although it would probably mean Tim would have to stay off work next week.

I hope you're all well, enjoying the snow where you have it and doing well with your doses(increasing/decreasing), quitting smoking and work troubles! I'll try to come on and update when I've started my modified release tablets(have to pick them up tomorrow, doctors bring medicines into the village three times a week as we're remote).

Be good!

lost87
13-01-13, 18:18
Hey guys i will hav been on my dose of ven 225mg, 2moro for 6 weeks (9weeks in total) and luckily enough ive an appointment to see my pychiatrist in the morning.

I just want to see after this amount of time hav any of you still had problems with sleep and a problem with going for a pee way more than normal without even drinking alot.

I feel tired in bed at night and usually fall asleep withhin an hour, say from 12, but then i wake up after maybe 1-2 hours of sleeping and then toss and turn the rest of the night untill maybe about 7 or 8 am when id fall asleep but hav really vivid dreams then wake again about 10-11am.

Ive tried zopliclone 7.5mg, temazepam 10mg, wellbrutin 750mg and none of these have helped me sleep. I do think its still i side effect from the effexor, what do you guys think i should do.
Im also having whole the sexual disfunction thing goin on which isnt good either. :(

spawn
14-01-13, 08:17
Hey guys, well I'm on 112.5 mg now, not really had any side effects with reduction, I'm still feeling lightheaded but my night sweats are calming down and getting less.
One thing I've noticed is that in the mornings when I wake up, I'm feeling abit weird like on edge, maybe it's my body adjusting to the lower dose? I've had loads of headaches again as well? Trying to stay positive!
Hope everyone's well.
Gav.

pinkdove
14-01-13, 09:27
gav good luck with the decrease, how are you taking the 112.5mg ? i am going to do this soon, and i take 150xl effexor.

well its been 2 days since my reduction of fags, and i smoked 18 in 2 days, so i have halved the amount i smoke, not quite stopped, but getting there slowly.....oh i do love a fag in the morning :blush:

hope evryone else is ok.

nicola how are you hunni, let us know how you get on with your pschc :hugs:

nicola1980
14-01-13, 15:18
Hi all, well done Pink on cutting down on your fags :yesyes: im like you tho and do enjoy a fag in the mornngs :blush: i had an awful day yesterday, was overwhelmed with anxiety so was glad i was seeing shrink today until i had a phonecall saying she'd called in sick with a migraine, i was gutted but stressed on the phone i needed to see her asap as i really wasn't well and they fortunatly gave me an appointment for tomo afternoon but this was after telling me she had no appointments for this week left so just goes to show that if you push it you can get seen!! xxx

clio51
14-01-13, 16:50
Gav If it's not one thing it's another isn't it? one thing gets slightly better and then another thing comes in it's place. Bloody anxiety/depression

Pink Well done hun with the fags, one day at a time.

Nicola I know what you mean about anxiety, your right if you push it almost nearly always they accommodate you, you just push them.
Do you sleep ok nicola?? without any meds?
As you may have seen my anxiety is still a big problem and sleeping problems, for which I am strongly going to mention to my psych at the end of the month.

spawn
14-01-13, 18:57
Pink I'm taking 75mg capsule and 37.5 mg tablet both MR. Still taking it in the morning as well.

Pipkin
14-01-13, 19:07
Hi all,

No problems here - still on 150 and doing fine. Been out in the snow with the doggie - he loved it and thought it was all there for him to eat. It's like a late Christmas present for him, and as he comes home nice and clean, I love it too.

Pink - a reduction is sometimes a good place to start from. It could be worth setting out a plan where you gradually reduce over a few weeks until you're down to a couple a day. Then it will be much easier to stop altogether. Don't be disappointed with yourself, it's incredibly hard to stop, especially as an anxiety sufferer as smoking can be a real crutch when you're anxious.

Gav - are you aiming to stop together or just reduce? You must be feeling better.

I'll catch up with you all when I have a little more time. Hugs all round :hugs:

Pip xxx

spawn
14-01-13, 20:42
Pip I only reduced because I was having to many SE's due to Ven. I'm also at a stage where I've got control of anxiety/depression. I am planning to reduce down slowly so I can get off Ven completely, but in time. I'll see how this reduction goes first.
My doctor is very pleased with my progress, but she wants to reduce the Ven slowly.
I def feel better for the reduction down to 112.5 the night sweats are disappearing which is good. I'm having a review in a months time, so see how I am then? I'm feeling so much happier in myself now, just need to sort out my lightheadedness and tinnitus!
Gav.x

Sober2000june
14-01-13, 22:05
Hi all,

Day 1 of 37.5 and not too bad. Not as easy to get to sleep at night and needing to empty the bladder a couple of extra times. but i feel more with the world. I think the high dose just isolated me from the world thus makeing it even harder to distract me from myself. Notheing external specific i can think of makes me anxious just that little ghost in my mind that says "remeber me" , but i cant quite place it or forget about it. so hopefully Clomipramine with help tell this unwelcome dark passenger to - French Connection UK off:mad:.
Gav i have the tinnitus back, had it for yonks, thats where MP3 with relaxing music comes in. At least i can listen to that again - at 225 mg i just wanted to smash it off the wall:blush:.

Also have first appt with NHS shrink tommorrow, trying not to be cynical about it. Please wish me luck as i dont want another doc sayng something different again - I always think of the famous line in Beaveheart "Ye couldnae agree on the colour of sh!te" when it comes to mental health professionals.

take care peeps:hugs:

pinkdove
14-01-13, 22:18
good luck paul, you are doing great, remember you have a say in what you do, and if your feeling better on the low dose, then thats where you should be xx

gav have you got 37,5 slow release tabs ?

pip, thanks for the advice, yes i really need to cut down before i stop, glad you enjoyed your snow walk with freddie, rosie comes back with snowballs on all her paws, but she loves it too xx

nicola, sorry about today, but you done right to stand your ground for an appointment tomorrow good luckxx

clio are you sleeping any better ?

lou how are you doing ?

clio51
15-01-13, 00:21
hi pink
sleep is still a massive issue for me,because without my sleep I'm horrible to live with lol. so I'm taking 2 silicone every other night so at least I get some sleep to function

anxiety wise, still high and find I hold my feet a n hands clenched without realizing most of the time' I also can be snappy just out of the blue could be as simple as a wrong word said.And I have realized I can sit the thinking and become detached from things going on around me.

it's ok there coming for Me next week with the whit van to take me away lol
going to mention to psych next

hope everyone is not to bad xx

ammiemum
15-01-13, 03:24
hi all sorry not been on in a while -so a belated New Year greeting !
anyway as you can see its late again and still only sleeping every other night for a few hours and now having weird dreams or nightmares i don't really understand why. so even though i am so very tired , i don't really want to sleep and get frightened [badly] by scary dreams[help?!!]
however i am slowly getting there on other side of things- i still have awful days but get out of bed and make myself do at least one thing....maybe not important things , but something every day which is good. just wanted to let you know that there is progress:) and i know it is thanks to ven as i haven't been this well in a long time!
if i can just get my head around the reason for the sleep issues i will be much better :yesyes:

pinkdove
15-01-13, 09:34
morning....clio you will be snappy because you are not sleeping well, i was really snappy when i gave up the fags.

hi ammi, just to say to you and clio i went through all the sleep deprivation when i was first ill, but when the ven settled in, i slept likea baby, can sleep 8-9 hours a night now, and that alone makes things easier to cope with.

you will both get there, you are both where i was earlier last years and things get better, gradually....dont be in a hurry, just go with it till it setles, sleep/rest when you can, as long as there is some progress you are winning :D

goodluck today nicola x

im still doing well cutting down the fags, and sorting my new year diet ot, stopping all the snacking, and crisps and chockies, it is giving me something else to focus on, so dont think as much about the anxiety now, although i think it will always be there somewhere in the back of my mind.

hws everyone else doing ?????

Sober2000june
15-01-13, 11:51
well done on the cigs Pink. Im still not bad on day 2 of 37.5. Wondering what my new Shrink will be like - kinda feel ive written him off already.

Tony52
15-01-13, 12:18
Hi to all my Ven buddys,
I know this post is about good storys with taking Ven and it has been a lifesaver for me in the past.I also know that it will be a lifesaver for most of us sufferering on here.No doubt about that.

Just gotta tell you all about my recent experience.Maybe it will give hope that withdrawal from Ven may not be a bad experience and that there are meds,combined with self help that will cure us all.

Just seen my GP this morning,and told her I feel more relaxed with life than when I was taking Ven.Life was great when the 2 occasions on Ven turned out realy positive in making me get back to my normal self.

Ven has worked twice in the past ,but ended up making me feel worse on this third time after 7 months of trying,and not realy getting any better if I am honest.

Stopping Ven 187.5 mg completely for 4 days and then starting on mertazapine has realy made me feel much closer to my old self.Doc cannot understand why this is .We just have to put it down to the nature of being on AD's and that there are some that make each individual better,and others that don't.

May work on one period of illness,but not on another.Can be very frustrating and cause long periods of anguish from taking one med to another.

I had to call the NHS local crisis line over the weekend just over a week ago,and a couple of days later having to see my GP realy ,realy urgently.I have never been more than 50% my normal self in the last 7 months,but this last week it has gone up to about 80% and still rising hopefully.
This has realy given me hope that there is a med for each of us,combined with self help that will get us through this illness with as little pain as possible.

In 15 years of depression /anxiety at differant times,I have never felt this 'I am getting better' feeling so quickly.I realy hope and pray it is going to carry on.
Have a great day to all of us,and I now know that life is for living and that's what I intend to do. :yesyes:

clio51
15-01-13, 16:03
pink.... how long did it take to settle, I've been on ven since October but only on 150mg 8 weeks, tonight is my night without zopiclone and trying hard not to think about it. it's horrendous lying there not being able to shut your mind off and drop off.

Nicola... any success at the psych today hun?

well I've finished cbt today I had 2 more to go but the last two weeks to be honest wasn't good. can't put my finger on what but today I knew I didn't want to go. I felt what I was telling her about my difficulties she tended to make me feel like intimate and that I wasn't putting any effort into it. so now I've downloaded on my kindle cbt for dummies see what that's like. I can't undo nearly 30 years of habits, so I will just push my boundaries slowly at my own pace.

hope everyone is ok xx

pinkdove
15-01-13, 16:05
tony a great post, and join us anytime, its so good to read positive stories. its funny how an ad can stop working the second or third time, i know that happened to me with citalopram.

it is what makes you feel better that matters, sorry you have had such a tough time, but so pleased hings are working out for you now, at least heading in the right direction. keep us posted and good luck x

paul go with an open mind, some shrinks are really good, especially with meds, you are doing great wish i was on 37.5 mg well done you x

nicola1980
15-01-13, 16:10
Hi. well bloody typical on the day i see the shrink im as bright as a button!! anyway she doesn't want to increase the ven yet as she thinks alot of how im feeling is down to grief and the upset of the last few months and no pill is going to make that disapear so im to stay on 150mg and i am inclined to agree with her so im seeing her again in 6 weeks to review it.
Paul good luck let us know how you get on :hugs: hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xxx

clio51
15-01-13, 16:24
Nicola.
did you mention your anxiety? do you take anything else like diazepam? and do you sleep well on 150mg. sorry for all the questions and I know everyone is different.

Sober2000june
15-01-13, 17:51
Unfortunately my skepticism was proven correct as the guy was an ignorant arrogant turd the usual starts texting when I talk. I suppose that confirms that ill be keeping with the private shrink

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

My sons friends mum was the duty nurse to that was a bit akward. Anyway she shared she had depression yrs ago. Oh and told me the consultant I saw is an arrogant sh!t.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

My sons friends mum was the duty nurse to that was a bit akward. Anyway she shared she had depression yrs ago. Oh and told me the consultant I saw is an arrogant sh!t.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

O love the way a lot of shrinks think cus you're depressed your also thick.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

I clarify in my experience

pinkdove
15-01-13, 17:54
clio i started ven in feb last year and stated to notice a slight improvement by the end of may, i slowly went up to 150mg and ittook 8-9 weeks to settle fully hope this helps.

nicola typicall eh !!!! but its good advice you dont want to be on too high a dose, as that can increase anxiety, and befoe you had all the upset you were doing well x

paul, what an ignorant git, cant you tell your gp you have no faith in him ? and would like to see someone else, i cnt believe he would start texing in the middle of a consultation, totally disgusting !!

Sober2000june
15-01-13, 18:17

clio51
15-01-13, 18:37
pink it's 8 weeks 150mg for me now and still no change in my sleep wonder if this is my big SE . wasn't good on cipralex but don't remember this bad. oh well

Paul you deserve better than that, and shouldn't have to pay two hundred pounds a time just to get a decision and put on a medication.
why don't you go back to your gp ( hope he is better) and asked to see someone else even if it's at a different hospital. you have nothing to loose.
it must be so disheartening especially when reaching out for help, I know what I was like when I finally got my appointment, turned up and she had gone out to see a patient.I just broke down right there in reception. luckily she came back while I was still there but she told me she could only see me for 10 minutes. no way was I having that I was a total mess and in the end I was there 40 minutes and she made appointment for the following week. don't take any shit'
writing on kindle and it as auto words it puts in for you like yesterday I wanted zopiclone and it put in silicone just have to learn to read before I post lol

spawn
15-01-13, 23:11
good luck paul, you are doing great, remember you have a say in what you do, and if your feeling better on the low dose, then thats where you should be xx

gav have you got 37,5 slow release tabs ?

pip, thanks for the advice, yes i really need to cut down before i stop, glad you enjoyed your snow walk with freddie, rosie comes back with snowballs on all her paws, but she loves it too xx

nicola, sorry about today, but you done right to stand your ground for an appointment tomorrow good luckxx

clio are you sleeping any better ?

lou how are you doing ?

Yep got 37.5 slow release tablets.

ammiemum
16-01-13, 06:54
this is a good thread clio it looks like we are in about the same place, sleepwise -it is such a big thing... hope it works out soon ....all of your experiences are so helpful thank you i have been on these for just over 2 months[i think. might be 3?]and went fairly quickly up to 150, so hoping things will soon settle . i do know i feel better now than i have for ages a good 50%- at one time i couldnt cope at all..... thankyou for your replies, thinking of you all keep trying and :hugs: :hugs:for when you need them x

pinkdove
16-01-13, 10:45
thanks gav i will ask for 75mg slow release and 37, slow release, i might be able to take them together in the morning, which would be better than taking it twice again.

clio you are just at the point where i was on the 150mg where i began to notice a difference hang on in there, your sleep will improve im sure xx

pip where are you my friend xx

clio51
16-01-13, 10:53
ammie,
thanks, God your up early? I'm so tired in the morning I can't seem to move myself before 9.30 and that's not always. I was a mess last September thought I was going mental, and only just mood wise feeling slightly better maybe be the ven?? but anxiety/panic wise still quite high. I'm 55 and have it this on and off for 30 years and as I get older it feels harder to deal with.

still sat here in dressing gown going to get myself moving now motivation motivation!!

hope everyone is ok xxxx

Annip
16-01-13, 13:44
Hi all
Clio -when i took zopiclone I took it for 8 weeks every night. Has the doc told you to take it alternate nights? I was taking diazepam too. it got me through all the SE of the ven. My anxiety was hightened too which I think was a SE of the ven. It took me 8 weeks to start to feel ok and this was when I weaned myself off the zopiclone and then the diazepam. I couldn't, have managed without them. My dose of ven is lower than yours....whether this makes a difference to SE strength ....I don't know. My doc also said that ven is helpful for menopausal ladies. Which I am. I am 54.
Hope you start to feel better soon
Anni xx

pinkdove
16-01-13, 14:19
hi anni and clio, all us ladies in our fifties, with the hormone thing going on as well, just makes it mor dificult to tell whether is anxiety at times, or the symptoms of the menopause......should be having it easier now. xx

Pipkin
16-01-13, 18:04
Hi guys,

I’m still here – just very busy at work and I’m not having a lot of time to post on here. That and we’ve had a few problems on the site which are keeping all of us admins busy.

We’re still very snowy here but the sun was shining today and it’s a lovely crisp winter’s evening, perfect for a walk.

Anxiety wise, I’m feeling great and less anxious than I have for ages. If I didn’t know better, I could swear that the effects of ven are still improving though I’m sure this can’t be the case. I increased in September and surely it can’t take this long to work fully? Anyway, as I hardly get any side effects (or at least I don’t notice them), I’m going to stay on this dose for the foreseeable future, maybe considering a reduced dose later in the year if things are still good.

Pink – how are things? Keep up the good work with the smoking. I still intend to stop but I’m waiting until I feel ready as I know how hard it is. I could kick myself for starting again after I had stopped for over a year. Weak-willed, obviously. How’s hubby?

Paul – I can’t believe you had a psychiatrist who was texting during your appointment. That’s shameful and extremely unprofessional. I’ve only been referred once to a psychiatrist and that was over 20 years ago. I didn’t find it in the least bit useful but then, I was much more resistant to believing that I had an anxiety problem and probably made his job difficult. One way or another, it did me no good at all. Does it help you?

Gav – you’re doing very well and it’s a shame that you get the SEs. I guess every silver lining has a cloud…

Nic – considering everything you’ve been through over the last few months, you’re doing brilliantly and it’s good to see you feeling better. Maybe we should agree a date to stop smoking together?

Kitti – how are you? Do you have some dates for your work meetings?

JKB – I meant to reply to your post about your fiancé biking over Dartmoor earlier. It’s very similar to my experience when I was in my early teens as my dad used to have to drive 30 miles across country to get to and from work. This was in the days before mobile phones and I remember once when the weather was bad, I got in such a state of panic, I sneaked upstairs and phoned the police. I’d already been suffering from anxiety for a few years before then but this is one of the first real attacks I can remember. It’s a very frightening thought for loved ones to be in such a vulnerable position and I’m not surprised you worry about it.

Off for a walk. Time to wrap up warm...

Take care

Pip xxx

nicola1980
16-01-13, 18:43
ARGH why couldn't my appointment with the shrink have been today and then she would have seen me in full panic mode :ohmy: ive had the worst day that ive had in months, ive spent all morning just sat frozen with anxiety and panic that even 6mg of diazepam didn't shift! i woke up this morning shaking and it just spiralled from there, ive sobbed and sobbed with fear all day, literally rocking in terror, why is this happening again??? xxx

TJSMITH
16-01-13, 19:03
Hi all
Ahhh Nic I really think its all you been through coming to a head and the more you pay these things attention the worse they get, ha look whose talking.
It's bloody horrible this anxiety lark, I'm getting to the point of trying to accept this is my life and enjoy the good days although not easy with the beast sitting on your shoulder.

Hope you feel better soon and you will.
I just coming out of another two day blip fingers crossed.
I still yet to have a day where I don't think about it.

Pink thanks for the message it does help.

How's everyone else?

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Ps pink I'm 38 and think I'm going through Perimenopause, taking my contraceptive pill back to back to see if makes a difference

clio51
16-01-13, 21:22
Anni. doc didn't want me to have sleeping tabs but I told her how desperate I was for a good few hours sleep,so she agreed but not to have them every night have a break. which I don't mind as long as I get a good few continuing hours sleep.
are you only on 75mg? and never been on more? plus do you sleep ok now anni?

pink yer 3 menopausal women!! I think it's a mix of both meno and anxiety because anxiety/depression plus many other symptoms are all menopausal symptoms so I've read. oh to be a women!! like you I thought it got easier but oh No

Tracey. I pm' d you about hormones did pink as well?

xxx

rockbottok
16-01-13, 23:23
Hi guys

I'm doing fine. Hope u are all doing ok will check in again when I have more time xx

Tony52
17-01-13, 21:06
Hi Venny pals,
only visited this thread twice and very quiet today .Must be the forthcoming weather.Snow and ice gonna be all over the place says the weather experts.

See what happens in the morning when I look out the bedroom window.

Feeling realy good today and done things I could have only had dreams about doing 10 days ago.
Booked 3 return flights to Spain up till October and a holiday in Tunisia leaving on Sunday,weather permitting.
These are things I would find very easy in my 'normal' mode.The last 7 or 8 months I would not have even thought of having do do that. I would be overcome with fear and anxiety about anything and everything involved in it.

Ven is a great AD that has worked for me and will work for all of us who have gradually got better. I think I was just kidding myself and forcing myself to think that it would get better ,but I am so glad that myself and my GP realised it wasn't going to happen.
Mertazapine 15 mg is the one for me this time,and I feel so upbeat and confident it will . I can honestly say today I am 95% of my normal self.
Best wishes to all of you on Ven or weaning off ,after feeling better on it.

I am realy enjoying life now after a real turnaround in just the last 10 days.Never happened to me before like this and gives great hope that if this awful illness happens again to me,I will get back to my normal ,happy,outgoing ,cheerful,friendly personality again .No doubts about that at all.
I have got 'me' back again and not the frightened,worried,introvert person I had become.
I am now going to live my life and realy enjoy it. :yahoo:

Annip
18-01-13, 11:26
Hi all
Clio-I hope that now you are getting some sleep it will help and make you stronger. My doctor didn't want me to take the sleeping tablets either, continuously but I felt desperate to have some respite from the constant anxiety and panic attacks. They wore me out as sometimes I was in a constant state of anxiety and I believe this was a chemical induced state from the ven. My anxiety was not this bad before I took the ven. Doctor didn't want me to take diazepam every day either but I did. I used to go to bed every night at 11 o clock. Take my 2 tablets, try my relaxation techniques and usually I would be fast asleep by 11.15. At first it would give me about 6 hours sleep but this gradually got longer till I had a full 8 hours.
It seemed to take ages before the ven kicked in..8 weeks (75mg) and my doctor had wanted to up my dose but I was too scared and said I would wait a bit longer and I was glad I did as each day from then I started to feel loads better and for longer. The ven works brilliantly for me. I also used to feel very anxious and panicky before I had a hot flush but now I still have hot flushes but no panic. I sleep well now. I still try and keep to a regular bedtime routine and I get up in a morning at a set time. The longer I have taken my ven for the better I have felt. Keep going Clio..you will get there..try and stay positive. Do you try any relaxation techniques?
Glad you are feeling better too Toni...brilliant
Hows things with you Pink...thought of you yesterday as in a catalogue I saw an ad for a no smoking cigarette..don't know if you've heard of them?
Hi Nicola hope weds was just a blip for you. You have had it so tough for so long..try and keep strong..remember you are grieving aswell as the panic. ADs don't cure grief unfortunately
Keep safe everyone in this snow
Anni xx

clio51
18-01-13, 17:15
hi all

thanks anni for your reply,everyone else on ven seem to be sleeping well and I seem the only on who doesn't. but to be really honest I've probably not been that good sleeping continuous through the night without waking up..
the most sleep I have got on zopiclone is 6 hour's. its 9 weeks now and if psych wants me to up I'm not going to I will give it 16 weeks.

had break from zopiclone last night and my mind was continually active, took while to drop off and woke couple times. so this morning I was sooo tired,angry,snappy. it's weird because I can feel it building up inside me and don't won't to talk just sit there.
I feel like jekly and hide like I've no control over it. I feel really sorry for my partner as he doesn't know where he's up to with me, we seem to argue over silly things and it's me mostly that starts it, if I'm not like that I'm hardly talking. GOD how he puts up with me I really don't know, I feel so miserable,horrible person some days. felt I had to take a d 2mg today to calm me down going to have another later as still feel wound up. don't know if there meant for this?????

IS ANYBODY ELSE LIKE THIS???????

sorry for the moan guys, just soooo mixed up

anyway have you got snow where you are?? think we're lucky in Manchester it's just like dust falling, but it's freezing!! love being in the house nice and warm and safe.

pink, how's the fags going?
nic . any better today?
Tracey . U ok
Tony . glad your feeling better than you was
gav how's the decrease going any better

ANYBODY else I've missed hope your well,

xxxxx

Tony52
18-01-13, 18:48
Hi everyone and hope the snow is not causing too many problems for us all.
Big thanks to Anni and clio for the kind words .
We will all get there in the end and life will be better for us all.

Clio you ask 'IS ANYBODY ELSE LIKE THIS??????? '
I can tell you honestly that I have felt like that,many,many times in differant periods of anxiety and depression. In the past Ven has helped me greatly and I did come out of it feeling the old 'ME' again. I'm sure it will also happen to you on Ven.
Big hello :hugs:to all my other Ven buddys on here , and hope the snow,ice and cold weather is not too bad in your area.
Nearly went arse over t*t in the sideroads around Epsom today. Gave a helping hand to a couple of young ladies wearing high heel boots who did just that. :oopsie:
Have a nice weekend and hope we will all enjoy it. :)

spawn
18-01-13, 19:03
Clio I've been doing well this week, think I've settled on reduction.
Feeling quite tired 2nite but I've had a busy week with work.
Seeing my doctor again in a month, hoping maybe she will reduce me again if im still good!
Hope ur well.x

Annip
19-01-13, 11:13
Hi
Clio....I think it is the adrenaline that does this to you, from the anxiety. Sometimes I would be so wound up I felt like punching things..well did sometimes (not a person !) sometimes I would march round the house shouting how I felt. One minute I would be shouting at hubby and next in floods of tears and then would feel so exhausted I would just flop on the bed. Then all the stupid thoughts would start again, then I'd get panicky
my breathing would start quickening and I'd be back to square one. But I started to use my diazepam regulary rather than just dipping in, after all this began cos I just couldn't continue like that. 2mg tablet 3 times a day...which I think also helped me sleep. Again I came off the Diazepam slowly cos they can cause side effects.
Doctors seem to vary over taking zopiclone and diazepam. My first doc who put me on Ven was happy for me to take zop and Diaz. She went on maternity leave and the next doc didn't want me to take them as they are addictive and can be difficult to come off. I didn't have any probs coming off them...slowly. Good luck Clio:bighug1:
Gav- glad to hear that you are feeling good
Anni xx

clio51
19-01-13, 19:28
hi Anni,
it prop is the adrenaline from anxiety, is horrible you can really feel it building up inside of you.
I thought about taking diazepam 3x daily as that was what I was told at first, but I was scared of becoming addicted to them, so now I'm taking them twice day.
are you on anything other than 75mg ven?? and do you suffer anymore??

WELL WHERE ARE ALL THE VEN PEEP????
your either all well or not to good and can't be ars...

hope all is well with you all xxxxx

Pipkin
19-01-13, 19:40
One ven person here... Just been a bit busy digging snow and driving everywhere at 5 miles per hour!

Hope you're all well today - I'm sure you'll all be on later.

Pip xx

nicola1980
19-01-13, 19:41
Hi all, well im not good, my panic attacks are back :weep: ive got an emergency appointment with my shrink on tues as can't carry on like this, yesterday was awful, was in panic mode all day and the attack scared the life out of me as its my first one in months :ohmy: i ended up staying at my mum and dads last night as hubby was on nights and didn't want to be alone, i feel im slipping back as to where i was a year ago and that petrifies me xxxxxx

Tony52
19-01-13, 20:16
Nic
you are a very strong person and you will get through this blip.
You have been through so much in 2012, and 2013 will be a much better year for you I am sure.
Best wishes and good luck for your appointment with your shrink on tuesday. :hugs:

nicola1980
19-01-13, 20:21
Thanks Tony :hugs: xx

Sober2000june
19-01-13, 21:22
still ploddong along on 37.5mg. defo better than 225 any day. probably go down to 18.75mg in few days. I shall possibly get my appt with my private shrink this week.

pinkdove
19-01-13, 21:54
hi guys, tony what a fantastic post, it will help those still struggling, you are doing great well done !!!

nicola, take it easy the next few days, you are having a blip, are you feeling wel physically ? dont forget you have had a few uti's that have made you feel like this in the past, you rae not going back to square one, has anything triggered this off over the past few days ? just take some time to think things over, use your diazapam, and try not to worry, you will get there hunni, just remember you always get past this, try not to think about the past, and look forward to the future, and most of all, think how far you have come xx

paul omg, you are doing fantastic, is that all the meds you are taking ? so strong, you should be very proud of what you've achieved xx

clio you will not become addicted to diazapam your gp will make sure you are not getting too many, if you feel you need them just now, use them i found them a lifesaver when i was recovering. hows the sleep ?

pip, how are you these days ? apart from struggling in the snow, hope you are gettting some time to chill xx

still doing ok here, been out the last 2 days for lunch, had a few glasses of wine, spending time with family, really cold and snowy here, but nice to be snugled up at home xx

:hugs: to all of you struggling xx

Iggy131313
19-01-13, 22:57
Hi Nicola, I cant watch you go through this anymore when I know whats going on with you..its the meds, and I can see you going down a terrible road and not healing...we both had the same reaction to citalopram, and it was because we both went into withdrawal after stopping cit too fast the first time....

You dont have to listen to me but I have to say this....please do not add more meds into the picture, your central nervous system has been destabilised, and its not recognised by most drs or phycs, THATS why the ven isnt working, and thats why the diaz isnt working, think back, really, was your anxiety like this when you first developed it as a teenager? no of course not....listen, I went to see the leading expert in ssri w/d and he confirmed it all, please please...what you need to do is post your story, the FULL story on this website

http://survivingantidepressants.org/

and also this one

http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/

I worry that if you try other meds like lamictal or lithium, not only will they STILL not work but your dreams of having another child will then be over, there IS a way out of this but it takes amazing patience and you need to let your system heal naturally....its awful, but the DRUGS have made you like this and it breaks my heart...I am still suffering and slowly coming off the cit that has ruined my life.

I cant make you do this but I can tell you that other meds will not only not take it away but will make things worse for you, please, just research what Im saying, and post your stories on the sites I have linked to, the MEDS are the problem here, I wish there were an easier way out, I would take it, but its not so, but then I look at your story and think how lucky I am that I at least understand whats happening to me and WHY its happening.

Show your partner my post, ask him to look into it, look into it yourself. Its all your choice but I hope you at least research what Im saying becasue I dont want to see things get even worse for you when there is a chance you can get on the right path and start healing.

Its so confusing and terrible, I think about you alot and I want to save you from this, Im taking a big risk as I know no one wants to hear how harmful these meds are, but you have given it long enough now and its not working, the next thing the pdoc is going to do is start adding really strong psyc meds like lithium and lamictal into the mix, you just had some anxiety as a teenager. please look into my love. xx Caroline

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

what Im saying is this...you need to very slowly start to taper of the Ven, I PROMISE you, you will start to feel better as you do, and then when off all meds your CNS will heal itself, it can take a while but it will happen, it may be worth you getting this book also

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Drug-May-Problem-Revised/dp/0738210986

Do what you need to my darling, but whatever road you go down bear in mind what I have said, and if you choose to try even more meds, if they dont work look at what Im saying, and like I said PLEASE ask your partner or parents to look, its the truth, I promise you it is.