PDA

View Full Version : Really really worried and don't know what to do!

little.miss.worry
06-09-12, 18:59
Well, I keep thinking im going to end up in hospital because I think I have a UTI infection...it all started on Saturday..it hurt when I went for a wee..so of course I panicked and I got pain..and because my mum doesn't want me panicking because it gets her down alot she made me do a water sample and took it in work with her (she works in a hospital) and these are the results:
GLU Negative
KET Negative
SG >=1.030
BLO Trace-intact
PH 5.5
PRO Negative
NIT Negative
LEU Negative
So as you can see everything is negative besides abit of blood but the nurse told my mum it was normal if I was on my period a couple of days before...which I was... but I still kept panicking because it hurts and stuff so yesterday we went the doctors and the doctor checked down below...and she said it looked abit red and inflamed and their was nothing to worry about also my mum told her about the water sample I took, but the thing is I keep thinking the water sample was too early and it didn't detect it or something because it's really sore down their and hurts! My mum is at the end of her tether because I keep crying about it...and today in college I was worrying that much I was so close to a panic attack...I just don't know what to do...im totally convinced it is a UTI infection...please help!!! :'(

bernie1977
06-09-12, 19:13
Hi, I had this problem last month. It was really burning when I went to wee and I felt like I needed to wee all the time. It was also just after I'd finished my period. I was tested for a UTI but the results came back negative. While I was waiting for the results I took the drinks for cystitis relief and they worked a treat. You can get them from the pharmacist and supermarkets. Might be worth giving them a go.

little.miss.worry
06-09-12, 19:21
Hello, thanks for replying :) Im just wondering what is cystitis? because my mum mentioned this before but she didn't explain what it was..I would ask her but she might take my laptop off me because she might think I was googleing symptoms

bernie1977
06-09-12, 19:41
Hi, you can get cystitis for lots of reasons.

Here's a link to the NHS site where you can read more.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cystitis/Pages/Causes.aspx

little.miss.worry
06-09-12, 19:47
Thankyou very much :) do you also know if they sell this drink in boots? and is it disgusting? ahaha sorry I had to ask :P

bernie1977
06-09-12, 19:53
Yes they have it in Boots http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerView?storeId=10052&langId=-1&catalogId=11051&stReq=1&searchTerm=Cystitis&newDepSearch=&x=32&y=11#container

Any of those sachet drinks is for the relief of cystitis and they don't taste bad at all as they're cranberry flavoured.

little.miss.worry
06-09-12, 19:54
Ohhh thanks! do you think that's what it probably is then? and also...im sorry for the 20 questions..but how long does it take for these drinks to work?

bernie1977
06-09-12, 19:59
I honestly don't know what it is as I'm not a Doctor! All I can say is that I had burning after urinating and felt like I needed to wee all the time. When I did wee I didn't feel fully relieved so I thought I might be cystitis so I took the drinks and after a couple I felt relief.

Try them and see if they work. Let me know how you get on!

little.miss.worry
06-09-12, 20:04
Okay thanks haha :) and I will do im going to buy a pack tomorrow after college :)

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Oh! I forgot to say I looked at the symptoms and the one that says "urgently needing to pass urine and not much comes out" that's what I have!!! and obviously the stinging/burning sensation thankyou so much! and like I said I will tell you how I go on :)