PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy or anxious

josiepickle
17-06-05, 16:20
Hi Everyone

As I said earlier in the week I'm having a bit of a setback.

I've been feeling rough all week, you know the usual, panic, anxiety and sheer terror over my health.

I am still finding it really difficult to accept that my mind can manifest such real physical symptoms.

My chest is hurting, my arm aches, always the left so of course I'm having a heart attack.

My head feels kinda fuzzy and whooshy at the front and I keep thinking I need to take big breaths.

My sleeping has improved because for the last 3 nites I've taken 2.5 of diazepam.

I am seeing a counsellor weekly and my Gp is supportive and has referred me for CBT.

I've joined The No Panic group and have spoken to a helpline on the phone.

All in all i know that I have a lot to feel positive about and that I am very lucky to be so supported but I just feel every day is an effort and that I'm treading water and will never feel totally OK again.

Do others feel this.

I'm afraid of everything including my beta blockers which have worked wonders on my racing heart.

sorry for such a whinge.

Jo xxx

seh1980
17-06-05, 16:32
hi Jo,

I have often felt like this in the past and still do sometimes. Just getting up in the morning can often be a mission. You are doing all the right things so I'm sure that the rest will come in time..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pips
17-06-05, 17:05
Hi Jo,

I still get bad days like that and most of the time I live with a low anxiety about me.

Things will improve though it takes time small steps and acceptance. You are doing all the right things though so well done hun!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

alexis
17-06-05, 17:46
Hi Jo, i think you will get a lot of replies as this feeling is common, You will get better, take care, love Alexis,x

carlin
17-06-05, 18:24
Hi Jo,
Sorry you are having a setback, but to be honest, you sound very positive, which is good. You say about taking a deep breathe, i do that so often, and then realise my breathing is very bad to begin with (does that make sense?) As you say you are not having a heart attack, and yes we always get the pains on the left side. I have had this for quite a while and still live to tell the tale, take care and please keep in touch.

stimpy
18-06-05, 03:26
I think you are doing great and trying your hardest to stay on top of things.

Well done hun.

Hang in there, it will get better.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Meg
18-06-05, 16:31
You whinge away Jo,

I agree the acceptance thing is soo hard but spend a bit of time thinking back to things where your predictions were wrong. Our thoughts and rationality are so important.

In reality its not the first thought of ' my chest hurts ' that is the problem but your response to this ' maybe its a heart attack which quickens your pulses and starts the adrenalin trrickling and then other feelings start and you're responding to each of them in the same extreme way.

Its much more helpful to respond slowly and inquiringly without jumping to any conclusions at all.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Martin
18-06-05, 19:47
Sounds eeriely familiar, hang in there Jo.

Do some stuff to make you feel better, like light reading or exercise. And try to stay clear of subjects that make you feel that way, on the internet and tv, etc.

-Martin

------------------------------
I'm not insane.. really

jill
19-06-05, 21:39
Hi Jo,

I remember feeling like you do now. it IS all part of the recovery
prosses. Every day is an effort but as time goes on that effort
WILL get you where you want to be, and that is feeling better.
The hardest thing is to change our thoughts. Remember always
change a negative thought to a positive one..
( I'm afraid of my beta blockers ) negative thought.
( My beata blockers have wokred wonders for my racing heart they
are doing be good. ) postive thought.
It takes time to programme your mind to get rid of the negative thoughs,
but the more you chip away with positive thoughts the easyer it gets.
There was a time in the past when I was soooo tierd of all the fighting
going on in my head with Mrs Anxiaty Her giving me negative thoughts me fighting back with positive one's I felt like screaming. Then one day she threw a big symptom at me, right away my thoughts went postive [:O]:D[^] It worked, all my hard work paid off. It didn't happen over night, BUT IT WORKED.
I'm happy now I have nomorepanic and know high anxiaty attacks.
I have been PA free for a long time now :D[^]
So remember Jo keep those positive thoughts going,
it is a battle but one worth fighting because you CAN win in the end.
Keep telling yourself that you CAN get better.
You doing really well Jo [^]:D

TAKE CARE

WISHING YOU WELL

LOVE JILLXX

"You are being programmed all day, every day.
You can't stop it, but you can determine if the
progranning is positive or negative.

josiepickle
21-06-05, 19:05
Thanks Jill that was a great reply.
I will seriously try to heed your advice.
Ta Jo x

Sue K with 5
22-06-05, 02:10
Hi

You are not crazy I have the same problems, everyday is like climbing a bloomin mountain and I am scared that I wont make it.

You will hopefully benefit from the CBT I have just started mine and she seems very compentent.

I dont go out at all and my health anxieties are horrid, everyday its something

Hang in there and if you ever need to talk PM me we can share symptoms and feel less crazy

TC Sue with 5 children

scknight

lainey
22-06-05, 10:10
Hi Jo

I have been where you are now, my anxiety is 98% better but I still get an aching left arm and chest pain off and on, I try to think positively about it and therefore don't panic.
It's hard sometimes, but as Jill says positiveness is the way foward.
Good luck with the CBT.

Take care

Elaine x

chucklehound
22-06-05, 11:24
I get the chest pains and the pain down my left arm, and the strange

feeling in my head but is just tension. You say you are a No Panic

group - well has the group leader shown you how to do the breathing

exercises and relaxation. If so keep working on the breathing and

relaxation because they do give you some benefit.

:D

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-