PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Subliminal messages for anxiety?

mapmaker
01-08-09, 08:18
Has anyone ever tried listening to positive messages to fight off negative thoughts from anxiety through Subliminal messages on a CD or online and had success with them? I'm giving it a try to see if it will make a difference in how I think or feel. The website says it will take a couple weeks to notice a marked difference. I figure.. it can't hurt......and I like listening to the sound of the ocean waves on a beach.. for background noise. So I got nothing to lose for trying it out for awhile.

NoPoet
02-08-09, 00:53
Yes - I have been doing this for the last month, and after 4-5 weeks of hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis, there is a big difference in my anixety level. My confidence level has rocketed beyond anything I've ever known. My confidence has not faltered despite the crap I've been through lately. Subliminal messages do work.

Paul McKenna's "Instant Confidence" is superb. PM me if you need more info about it.

chantelle
02-08-09, 01:03
Hi, can you send me some info about Paul Mc Kenna's "Instant Confidence".

Thanks

Chantelle

NoPoet
02-08-09, 16:10
Sent you a PM.

NoPoet
02-08-09, 22:49
If anyone else wants help please PM me. Once I've helped you, please return the favour by making sure you pass the help on to others who need it. We're going to save the world one person at a time :)

NoPoet
03-08-09, 17:44
Someone gave me this link which might help, it was either Mapmaker or Mr X, I'm really sorry I had quite a few PMs in response to my last post and I got confused about who was sending what! Keep your PMs coming in, I will reply to everyone. The resistance is gathering strength!

http://www.subliminalmp3s.com/subliminal-anxiety-disorder-treatment

mapmaker
04-08-09, 16:21
I listened to the mp3 file you gave me psychopoet this morning and its pretty good. I recommend it to anyone else who would like to try it. I felt relaxed while listening to it and the suggestions were all positive. There was a point in the middle of the session where I could feel a little fear rising up from deep within me but it soon passed. I guess thats my subconscious reacting to the hypnotherapy suggestions. But I like it. A definitely want to listen to it again tomorrow and the next day after that.

NoPoet
04-08-09, 18:01
Yeah, the first few sessions may trigger some anxiety because you are directly confronting it and it will try to fight back. Keep listening and keep using the mp3. In a way it's like immersion therapy. Confronting the anxiety like this can help to reduce its impact.

starlady
04-08-09, 19:09
Hi, I have been listening to glenn harold and find the c.d really helpful. He has a few different ones out, relaxation, self confidence, motivation but i think they can help a lot. x

purple to black
05-08-09, 12:32
I would like a copy please poet : )

NoPoet
05-08-09, 18:23
PM sent!

Gregor
11-08-09, 00:40
We're going to save the world one person at a time :)

I think that's a fantastic statement. Just imagine if everyone helped just one person, then everyone in the world could be helped. A bit like the movie Pay It Forward (i loved the idea behind that)

Just checked out the free subliminal mp3 link and am going to give that a try. Any suggestions to which might be the best to listen to - Ocean, fire, wind or thunderstorm (all seems a bit contradictory to me! - ocean and wind perhaps calming, but the other two i would have thought could stir up frightening episodes!).

Anyway, fingers crossed, i'll just stick it on whilst i go about my business.

NoPoet
12-08-09, 18:46
I clicked on "wind" expecting to hear amusing fart noises... just kidding.

Usually the water ones are the most calming. Wind can sound a bit like water as it rustles through the trees -- that's the most relaxing sound I can imagine.

The crackling of a fire can be nice but it's overdone on that site, and the thunderstorm would have been good without the thunder. Heavy rain sounds so relaxing... but a loud thunderclap every 5 seconds keeps startling me.

mapmaker
15-08-09, 04:38
I found the ocean relaxing for the week I listened to it.

NoPoet
23-08-09, 23:42
For anyone who is interested in hypnotherapy/subliminal therapy - these types of treatment tend to work best against stress and problems sleeping and/or relaxing, and the benefits of this are knock-on effects against depression, panic and anxiety.

Well worth a go.

katie_x
17-09-09, 12:30
may i try pls? I'm willing to give anything a go at this point :)

newlight1
21-12-11, 23:32
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows the best Subliminal messages mps to listen to for OCD/Anxiety or being bombarded with constant negative thoughts coming from no-where?

bignik
18-01-12, 20:32
I too starting listening to Glenn Harrolds Deep Sleep and Relaxation , both Guided Self Hypnosis with Subliminal Positive Messages , he recommends listening to every day for minimum of 21 days , Im about Day 12 , but yes I do see the benefit from listening to them to quench anxiety when I feel coming on , some days I have to listen to 4/5 times , some other days only once , havent managed to go a day without yet but hoping it will still get better

The Deep Sleep one is good before bed if nothing more it takes concentration away from any unwanted negative thoughts.

Relaxation good for anxiety , breathing etc