PDA

View Full Version : I NEVER get hungry anymore

MidnightCalm
16-10-10, 16:11
haven't felt hunger for about 4 months, I eat but I just never get hungry anymore,
anybody got the same?
+ I get an upset stomach quite a lot.
A lot of the time it gets feeling really full at the top and heavy, sometimes it feels like excessive wind, sometimes it burns.
I get a lot of acid, I can taste it and I can burp quite a lot up.
My stomach is ALWAYS making MASSIVE churning noises, like there's wind coming that doesn't every get out.
I go to the toilet quite a lot more these days aswel, after almost every meal.

dodo
18-10-10, 11:22
Yes yes yes that's me.

And I just don't fancy foods anymore. Like beore I would relaly look forward to my tea etc or fancy some chocolate etc, nowadays the thought of it makes me gag.

And no guys, I'm not pregnant so that one can be ruled out.

shinderuko
18-10-10, 11:40
I wish I never got hungry!!
I eat and ten minutes later I'm starving. It'd be lovely to feel full again. I constantly graze on food, but I'm losing weight :wacko:

Going home
18-10-10, 14:11
You might think that with anxiety everything speeds up and that would be the reason for the churning stomach and frequent visits to the loo, but what could also be happening is the opposite. Remember the flight or fight thing? when you feal fear your body takes alot of the blood supply away from the parts of the body where it won't be needed while you cope with the 'danger' such as the stomach, bladder and bowel and sends it, complete with the extra adrenaline, to the parts that will be needing extra blood pumping around such as the heart, lungs and legs. So immediatley before the 'battle' your bladder and bowel will want to empty themselves, as will the contents of the stomach if you've just eaten and the digestive juices will slow down their action too so anything eaten at this time will be very slow and painful to digest.

When the danger passes your body goes back to normal, except in anxious people where the fear is constant the body doesn't go back to normal exactly, it sort of stays in flight or fight mode, so we get the fast irregular heartbeats, the feeling we can't breathe (when in fact its overbreathing which would be needed if you're running away from danger) going to the loo often and the lack of appetite and stomach problems when you do try to eat a decent meal, because your body wouldn't want to use up the energy digesting your food if you needed the energy to get out of danger.

Don't know if that makes any sense, but hope it helps a bit anyway.

Anna xx