Thread: UGH! My jaw....

Unhappy UGH! My jaw....

Does any one else get jaw clenches?? im on cipramil for 9 days, and when i wake up im not just nauseated and restless but my jaw HURTS!.... so bad ....

Re: UGH! My jaw....

Sounds like its causing you to tense your jaw or grind your teeth when you sleep.
    It's a fairly comon symptom.
    I get tmj which causes the same pain.
    Try a mouth gaurd.

Yes I am doing the same. You could ask for something to take on top to relax you till you get over this symptom x

I'm not aloooone!
    It's not because of any medication but my jaw gives me so much trouble sometimes i can barely open my mouth in the morning to take my first sip of tea. I didn't even realise i was a clencher till recently when it turned out to be what was causing my near constant head aches. I have no idea what to do about it though

Quote Originally Posted by MoniqueLeah View Post
    Does any one else get jaw clenches?? im on cipramil for 9 days, and when i wake up im not just nauseated and restless but my jaw HURTS!.... so bad ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigid View Post
    I'm not aloooone!
    It's not because of any medication but my jaw gives me so much trouble sometimes i can barely open my mouth in the morning to take my first sip of tea. I didn't even realise i was a clencher till recently when it turned out to be what was causing my near constant head aches. I have no idea what to do about it though
    Clenched or Locked? Another cause could be wisdom tooth related. I had both these problems many moons ago and a quick dental check-up x-ray showed it to be a wisdom tooth problem and it had to be removed. Just a thought. Gordon

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

I have arthritis in both sides of my jaw (not related to anxiety) & a good way to relax your jaw is to touch the roof of you mouth with the tip of your tongue. Then whilst you're doing it concentrate on how your jaw muscles feel (mindfulness) when you breathe in and out. Physio gave me that bit of advice and every time I realise I'm clenching my jaw or grinding my teeth that's what I do now. I'll admit I was skeptical the first couple of times I did it, but now I swear by it as it takes a bit of practice to find the right spot in your mouth as everyone is different. I hope you find it a useful technique but if not buy a mouthguard from your dentist (not a cheap sports one) as that really does help so you have less pain.

Thread Information