Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

Re: How to survive first weeks on Fluo?

Kim sorry about your sad news, don't worry you will support your friend when she comes back.
    apart from that you sound like you have come on in leaps and bounds since a few weeks ago, it maybe that both of you will have blips and bad days again as I still have little ones but you know that you can feel ok so that helps you get through them,

Super what are you up to today,

Princess hope you are feeling a bit better, the flu is horrible and it makes you feel low and miserable anyway so I really feel for you.

xxx

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. Today is 5 weeks on Prozac (20mgs), I have to see my GP next week and that will be the 6 week marker so meds may get altered or upped. Not sure yet. My moods are a lot better, eating and sleeping okay, Just my depersonalisation to deal with now. Hoping that if the Prozac is upped this may help me. Kim, sorry to hear your sad news. Janine, Princess, Supergirl, Maddismum, hope you are all doing well. Roxy xx

Hi All
    Kim sorry to hear bad news:( but you sound so much better so when your friend is back I am sure you can give her support. Your posts are so much more positive recently! I am not very good cook but if you have any easy recipe for cookies or cakes send it to me I will give it a try!!! I heard it can be very relaxing
    I feel better today with my flu. Still higher temperature but lower than yesterday and I also slept well last night.
    It is my 9th week on Fluoxetine and 2nd week on 40mg. Hard to say how much I progress because as soon I started to feel better a caught this horrible flu so I feel like sh** again :(
    I hope you all having a good day
    Big Hugs xxx

Hi Princess, just off to work for a meeting, glad flu is a little better, it takes time to recover from it, just look after yourself, keep warm and drink plenty, I think in another two weeks on the increase you will be a different person,

have you heard from Stormy as she sounded bad the last time she posted.

xxx

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Roxy it is a very slow process but you are showing signs of improvement and you should really see a difference soon, I had a really bad week 5 so if you do feel a liitle blip do not worry, once i got through it i started to get better and stay better, being able to eat and sleep is a big help to your recovery. xx

Back from docs. He wanted to up my dose but I declined as I didn't feel like getting more of fluo in my system at this stage.
    Still struggling to address my pain relief as he thinks it's the anxiety playing havoc in my body.
    Got diazepam 5mg to take twice a day but will see how I get on with it.
    He said if no improvement in next 10 days then he wants me to see psychiatrist :-O he kinda put me off him now :-/ I do understand that anxiety can cause loads if symptoms but I know that my chest and ribs pain is not related to it. Anxiety prolly makes it worse but not causing it.
    Not sure if my docs are fed up with me over my anxiety or just simply not wanting to deal with the pain due to me being under a neurosurgeon care.
    Oh I don't know. Sorry for rambling.
    Morning anxiety, bit better sleep and now just kinda bleah feeling for me. Tonight it's gonna be 21st tablet so hitting 3 week mark me.
    Hope you're all well x

Its difficult with the GP's isnt it? I dnt think they really know what theyre doing most of them anyway with regard to mental health so maybe seeing a psych will be a good move Asmmargod? As your only just at 3 weeks im surprised he wanted to up the dose so soon. As for chest/rib pain i have to say i get all manner of pains when im anxious and i have noticed a pain in my chest/ribs but im pretty sure its cos i overbreathe when anxious. What pain relief do you have? Ive had co-codamol n diclofenac when i had a trapped nerve in my shoulder and when i had a back injury? I agree your spine problems are probabaly exacerbated by the anxiety. Give the 5mg diazepam a go...ive used 5mgs before with good effect (didnt get em from the docs tho lol) should help ease things. N your not rambling, thats the whole point of this site to be able to express your feelings. Ive hit week 5 today n have to say i slept well last night and im eating good again, been out n actually felt near my normal self so thats a result!!! x x

Cheers. Atm I've got co codamol and lyrica for pain. Tried loads of drugs excluding narcotics as I think with coming surgery I'd rather keep big guns for later. Shame I couldn't tolerate lyrica and tramadol together but hey. That's life.
    Diazepam is also muscle relaxant so I might find it helpful.
    Yeah at times going to docs is a bit of hard work. He wanted me to stop lyrica without weening off too so I'm kinda a bit sceptic about him now lol

Good evening everyone!After 4 weeks on Fluo I feel a little less side effects and my appetite is better. Maybe it's cos I'm now also taking Olanzapine 10 mg in the evening. This medication is supposed to be stablilizing for me as my diagnosis is bipolar. We're all different and take this medication for different reasons but hopefully we all will soon ripe the good effects no matter what diagnosis we have. Anyway I wish you all a nice evening and a good nights sleep and also that you will have less bad side effects and more good effects.

LLINF, the olanzepine will definitely help stabilize your mood and it should increase your appetite, so thats good
    Morning all...another good start to the morning, less anxiety, nausea etc, its nearly nine and im already sitting with my hair dye on to get rid of my grey lol.
    Am meeting a friend later for a walk n then lunch with my Mum, am really trying to pace myself n take it easy, its not easy for me as ive always been rather manic but im learning thats got to stop.
    Had a lovely meet with my Deputy Manager yesterday, she said i looked much better and seemed calmer in myself...she also said im to stop thinking about work, its just not important at the moment and i need to cocentrate on building my strength up from this severe bout of stress. That helped me so much as work is always on my mind n the fact i feel i should be stronger than this and be there.
    I actually went to Boots yesterday n bought some new make-up too..havent been that interested in stuff lately but i feel its returning and im reading about a book a week!
    All in all...im feeling better about things, was 5 weeks yesterday on the fluox and i think its working for me x x

Good Morning
    That is great SuperGirl sound like you are keeping busy which is great.
    I am just back from my doctor. She said she is happy with my progress but I need more time off work so I have another 2 weeks off. I told her about my low mood this week and that i feel like going back and she told me that having a cold dosn't help with depression and I will soon feel much more positive. I hope she is right.
    I have few quiet stressing situations to deal with just know but I am calm so far.
    Have a good day All. xxx

Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread Information