Thread: Awful scary night, please help.

Awful scary night, please help.

Had an awful night. I was waking hourly with sinus pain, started out of the blue last night but I've had a cold for 2 weeks so think I may need antibiotics now, grrr! I kept on waking, then at 4.30am I woke up and my heart was racing, really fast. I lay there thinking it would low down if I lay still, it didn't., so I woke hubby. He said my pulse was about 160bpm so I rung 999. I had no idea what else to do, it was so frightening, I could feel my heart thudding out of my chest. I woke like that, it was horrible:(

Paramedics were here within minutes. Took me on the ambulance, I was in there an hour being monitored. Bp was high and pulse. Eventually both came down. Try said it was likely to be due to infection and possible stress, but they agreed it must have been frightening just waking like that.

They asked what meds I take, I said I was on Dosulepin, only 25mg for anxiety and I'd been on it 7 weeks. My GP did say they can cause heart arrhythmia but it was rare and I'd taken them 9 years ago for anxiety and been fine. I had an ECG a month ago to reassure him I was ok on them and that was fine. Paramedics want me to see him about meds just incase they've caused it.

They then wanted to know why I went on the meds so I explained after my brother attacked me and family turned on me I became very unwell with anxiety, shut myself off from the world and had agoraphobia caused by panic attacks when I left the house. By Christmas it was so bad I felt I was losing it so GP wanted me to try meds. They helped alot even at a low dose. I now go out more, I push myself and I do think the meds have helped me to do that. They were shocked by my family, gave me a good talking to and said I need to cut mum off, let her do some running. I told them I don't speak to my brother or sister, haven't seen Jon in 4 months.

I rung my mum when paramedics were on their way, asking if I go in could she have the children as I needed Scott with me. Her response 'well I'm having Callum today for Jo, she has to work'. The paramedics said she needs a slap, they said if your daughter rings to say paramedics are coming because you've something possibly wrong with your heart, a mother should be there for you in a flash. They are right. I text my mum 3 weeks ago saying I felt so low and wondered if there's any point anymore I felt that low and like I'd lost everything. I've become so isolated and have no life other than my own little family, which of course means the world to me but I have lost friends, my confidence, can't go out like I did... I told her I felt I'd lost my own mum, and I am the victim in it all. She rung me 4 days later. If you thought your daughter was possibly that low she would think of giving up wouldn't you be there that day? Since then I've really distanced myself even further, but this morning has been another blow.

I just needed to off load. I'm off to the GP soon, nervous:/ My lovely auntie and best friend have rung/text me being so supportive. My auntie wants to clack my mum with a frying pan to wake her up, she's never got on with her sister. I'm lucky to have them, they said if my nan was here she would wipe the floor with them all. I think she would My mum treated my Nan the same, never rung or bothered to check she was ok, I did more for her than her own daughter.

Sorry I've rambled on, just needed to get out how horrible I'm feeling, shaken up a tad. I. So scared it might happen again and I will die:(

Re: Awful scary night, please help.

I have sent you a message

how frightening, hope your ok now and get on ok at the drs.x

Thank you both for taking the time to message me.

I'm on amoxicillin now for sinusitis and GP has helped with what happened last night x

aw I am so sorry. It did sound like a bad panic attack, um I think when you woke and it was racing and the stress of going to hospital might have keep the heart and bp high?
    Just a thought, although it could be due to the sinus infection too or maybe even a bit of both.
    I know myself when they keep you in hospital to monitor you, it does make me worry more!

I had a lot of family members turn on me too and it did trigger a break down or something in me. Lots of fights, threats, bulling, it was awful, it was also very confusing but luckily I had a few friends to keep me sane!

Some people cannot feel empathy, they don't seem to get other people have feelings too or if they do they just don't care.
    There is nothing wrong with you and it's not your fault, it's shocking when people can treat you so bad and act like it is ok!

aw you will be ok

Thank you.

I'm so worried I will wake like that again:((( to wake up like that was scary:(((

I've bad sinusitis too, feeling so yuk, such bad pain in my teeth because of it so that's not helping:(((

So much at once, I feel I've had a breakdown, my family treat me like dirt:(((

when it did happen, nothing terrible/dangerous happened, you went to hospital got checked out and everything turned out fine : )

Keep in mind the fear of it happening again may cause you to experience some anxiety when you wake up, it's a bit like if you panic in a shop the next time you go in you fear it happening again which can make you anxious.

you can get salt water nose sprays to flush out the sinuses which could help, I find when I use them, I get soo much stuff out of my nose, I don't know where it all comes from, yuck.

The antibiotics should help, probotics/live yogurts can be helpful as they replace the good bacteria in your gut which antibiotics can kill off.

Yeah I think I should have been in hospital to be honest but the one closest to me really isn't great. I lost soo much weight, I got rather over emotional, had out bursts of anger, depression, waay too much anxiety, it was weird lol.
    But the few nice people I had in my life and met along the way really helped.

You just sort of accept mean people just are that way, you can't change them.
    Weird thing is that the family that was mean to me can also be very very nice, so it makes it extra confusing. It's hard that people can switch between nice and mean so fast! I can see how sad/unhappy/stressed they are too, so I guess they tend to lash out and I was an easy target.

even if you were perfect they'd still find something wrong with you. There's no way to win.

Thread Information