• Over Weight

96 50.79%
  • Just Right

56 29.63%
  • Under Weight

37 19.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and Weight

I have always been overweight even when I was young, not sure if this contributed to my panic attacks or not since my panic attacks started roughly 8 years ago then eased off when I stopped going in lifts, tube etc. Stress last year started them off again. I know being overweight and unfit doesn't help though as if I was fitter I'd be better on the stairs and not get out of breath quite so quickly, getting out of breath makes me anxious in itself.

I have only late last year took the odd Diazepam but nothing else for the anxiety apart from using lavender oil and rescue remedy. I'm now trying Relora.

I was very overweight when I was affected. My only concern about GPs is that if you don't smoke and something is wrong with you they usually blame the weight!
    I' ve lost a couple of stone and feel better for it and it has encouraged me to watch what I eat and drink.
    I suppose that's one positive out of this!

T

are you all over weight or do you just think you are!?

''my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened''

I'm not sure about the relationship between weight and anxiety. I guess the suggestion that you do less if you are anxious has a point. But also food has issues of its own. Some people (like me!) comfort eat when they are fed up, so can gain weight at those times. Others eat less when stressed. So which came first. For me it was depression followed by weight gain which added to depression, and then came anxiety. But the physical feeling of being overweight and the emotional insecurity both add to feelings of anxiety.

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

I was slim before then due to not going out the house much last year i put on loads of weight now ive been on meds for 3 months and am more active it is coming off but slowly but i feel better and thats all i care about x

Smile Re: Anxiety and Weight

Hi everybody,just wanted to say im sooo skinny now due to the anxiety..
    Ive always been slim but now i' m too thin and cant put the weight back on for love nor money and then i find myself worrying about losing weight!!!

Take care,Candie xx

Re: Anxiety and Weight

When I have a bad episode I drop stones in weight. When I start to recover it just piles on again. Not fair is it?!

Hi
    I have lost weight with anxiety and I also find it hard to put it back on. When my anxiety was at ita worst i used to think that I had something sinister wrong with me. I think anxiety makes a lot of people lose weight.
    Debera

Its made me lose weight :( I'm too skinny and can't put it back on as I never feel well enough to eat properly

I think quite a lot of people find that meds make them put on weight. I know some of the anti depressants are known to increase a person's appetite.

My weight has pretty much been the same for over 20yrs, but it does go down when I am going through a very anxious phase. Most of the time I am 7st which is about right for my height but I have gone down as low as 6st 4lbs when my anxiety has been really bad.

I think we are all different though and some people do comfort eat when they are stressed and a lot of us probably don't get enough exercise either. Also age plays a part in all of this as our metabolism does slow down as we get older

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information