Thread: Googled again.....:( warm flushes in left foot.

Googled again.....:( warm flushes in left foot.

Hey guys... i woke up this morning feeling great and like my old self again, but then it all sprialled out of control.

Yesterday when i was sat playing the xbox i got really bad pins and needles in my left foot after kneeling down, it worried me as it didnt really go for a while but eventually it did.

I had an appointment at the opticians so asked him a few questions about my headaches and wether this was a sign of a brain tumour etc... and he said if i had a tumour i'd be having odd feelings in my limbs.

Since then, i've notcied hot flushes in my left foot which come and go maybe once every 10 mins, they dont hurt, just feels like a slight burning sensation but its lasted all day.

recently ive had all the tests done except mri scans and am just totally freaking out about this. I've even googled and found a whole forum devoted to this weird feeling, everyone on there seemed worried about MS so i stopped looking. I feel sick to the stomach and just want to feel healthy.

I'm considering a trip to A and E for the 4th time this last few weeks but feel embarrassed about it. should i go?

Marc

Re: Googled again.....:( warm flushes in left foot.

Hi Marc, I also wake up feeling fine in the morning, then my mind starts to race and lo and behold, some strange symptom pops up.

I know exactly how you feel about this one - totally sick to the stomach. i went to A & E and got sent next door to the out of hours GP service, needless to say they weren't remotely bothered by anything I was telling them, GP said it was anxiety. But of course I didn't listen to that and my situation has gotten totally out of control - this isn't any way to live my llife. Everything has been on hold since March and all I can think about is what dreadful disease I have.

Please don't go down that avenue. Stop googling and chat it over with your doctor. Please, please stay off those websites.

Take care

Wow, I can totally undestand this one. Im sat here now, googling as we speak. You will see my post re a cyst, so I wont go into it here. Believe me I totally understand where your coming from Marc.

Emma x

Hi There,

I can tell you from past experiences that if you google any thing on the web sites or your doctor gives you certain symptoms you tend to think well what if I have this or what if I have that and beofore you know it you start to physically feel these symptoms cause some way or another you you have tricked your brain into feeling that way. It's as if a woman thinks she may be pregnant she will start to feel sick and tired and so on. Try not to focus on every little sensation you feel in your body and I can assure you it will go away. I have a hard time myself doing this but I am trying very hard to follow my own advice. Try visiting this web site it may help you out.

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

THERE IS NOTHING DEEP SEATED TO BE SEARCHING FOR!"

If you are recently sensitized from having an experience of anxiety and panic feelings, you most likely will have a foundation belief that, "something is wrong with me!" This seems to be an automatic reaction to feelings of fear that are not immediately resolvable. This can become your basis for approaching nearly every stressful moment of introspection that occurs in your life. It is this belief that conditions every reaction you now have. It keeps your anxiety alert while you search in frustration for the answer - comparing, checking, testing, analyzing. It makes you miserable and you feel trapped.

For example: If I were NOT recently sensitized to anxiety or panic, and I noticed some new twitching in my leg, I would wonder what it was for a moment. If the twitching continued or returned, I might get more concerned. But generally my focus on it would not be considered important or life threatening and I would probably let go of the worrying about it.

Now, if I WERE recently sensitized, my quick assessment about this twitching* would go something like this: "I wonder if that will make me anxious because there is something (unknown and unfound) wrong with me (that makes me anxious)?" This self talk is nearly subconscious but you can catch it happening as your first thought that begins the introspective reaction, even as your first, fresh thought when you wake up in the morning!

(*You can substitute any feeling or situation that causes you stress.)

By this self-talk you are attempting to seek control and test for it. This happens so fast and automatic that most of the time we are never aware of it, only the anxious reaction arrives seemingly "out of the blue!" Of course you want to experience NO reaction to your "test", but guess what? Because of the foundation belief of "something is wrong with me" which you have deemed LIFE THREATENING or at least threatening your sanity, your autonomic nervous system which is controlled by the instinctive part of your brain - reacts! It sends a warning - a shot of adrenaline to gear up your body to run. It wants to protect you - your eyes blur, your heart pumps faster, your muscles clench, your stomach and GI tract are disrupted, your blood pressure rises, you feel giddy, nauseous. Perhaps to all different degrees, or only some of these symptoms, but you feel it!

Now you might make a further assumption that this reaction "proves" that something is wrong with your mental state. You made a "test" and the test failed because you still reacted, anxiously...and you certainly didn't like it. Yet it is still there, in the back of your mind, that issue - that unresolved question: "What is wrong with me?"

But this is based on a false and irrational assumption!

Imagine your brain as a web search engine. You are inputting two words into the search: UNKNOWN FEAR. And the search returns endless web sites covering every aspect of unknown fear you ever felt or could ever feel! That is how your nervous system, which is given the task of saving you from what you fear, reacts to your belief and worry that "something unknown is wrong with me!" Now if you were to specify more words to search like FEAR FEELING FROM SENSITIZED NERVOUS SYSTEM then the sites returned would be very few and you may find the ONE site that would resolve your fear. Do you see how the fear of "something unknown wrong" makes for overwhelming anxiety?

If you can catch yourself in the act of querying your "state of mental health" you can contest it with a proper and rational counter thought or substitution. You can answer with: "Hey wait! That twitching is just a common twitch. I am sensitize to stress these days. That is ALL that is WRONG with me!" Then move on. Let it go. Quit the introspection as to why you react to these minor stresses. You will have resolved it. There is nothing WRONG with you. Nothing SIGNIFICANTLY wrong other than that you are sensitive to some recent stressors.

Can you accept that? THERE IS NOTHING DEEP SEATED TO BE SEARCHING FOR when simple worrying becomes anxiety or even panic! You only THINK that there must be. You can search for decades. You are only fooled into believing that your current sensitivity must be significant and warrant deep introspection to find the answer as to why! It just "must be" something BIG, something so important that you just can't find unless you look deeper and deeper! And you are doing exactly the wrong thing. You are creating the exact tension from your excessive worrying that you so much despise!

If you can practice letting these overreactions to stress come AND GO, with an occassional challenge of rational thinking, the resolution will decrease these reactions over time and you should feel much less anxious. You will have diffused the "mentally ill" bomb that you assumed was near to blowing up. It never blows because there is really NO BOMB!

The "something is wrong with me" belief is a very powerful but false assumption. But if you believe it to be true you will feel trapped inside because it is steeped in conflict that has no direction or way out. It's frustrating...but we all do it. Perhaps you can find some physical trigger that sets off your anxiety then you might resolve the "why do I feel anxious" question. But most of the time it is our currently sensitized state of mind and that's all. So now you can handle a stressful event knowing that you are NOT losing your sanity. Does that make you feel better?

NO. :-)

Only Joking....

How do I get my mind to believe that the doctor told me there is nothing to worry about.

I get the hot flush in my right foot it's strange just goes absolutly red hot for no reason. I have low b12 might be worse getting checked for that as i had bad headaches for months befor I found out.

hi there matey,

although im no gp im 90% sure its anxiety ur experiencing

from that your thinking well what about the 10%

for about 5 months i was convinced i had heart problems and was going to have a heart attack at any moment, i slowly started slipping into a lifestyle which tried to make it impossible it would happen, not exerting myself going anywhere, made sure i had people around, just in case it became an obsession to say the least

i had numerous ecg's i think its called (basically heart monitor) chest exrays blood pressure, tests, etc etc, my doc was pulling his hair out

comes a point where it has to stop though

pron not the best advice but one day i thought ah so what i dont care anymore whatever happens bring it on, the next day i felt better

weeks that followed i wasnt even thinking about it i had other issues probs in my life (and important you should know wasnt health or health anxiety related) because sometimes it does go and attatches onto another fear, which isnt the way forward, its like robbing peter to pay paul, having another worry to replace the one you already have, and that actually works - you know why? because your distracting yourself from the worry but, unfortunately with another one.

distraction is the key here..........however

if i say DONT think of a blue tree wats the first thing u think of?

look at a certain spot of ur hand imagine theres an itch there imagine what itd feel like............i guarantee you within a min or 2 itl start itching

the mind is a powerfull thing and when u fear something it fuels these symptoms they actually are pysical symptoms that you feel but 99% of the time its anxiety causing it with sufferers because your body is in such a heightened state of awareness and sesitive with stress etc - which alot of the time u dont know is there. my guess is theres absolutely nothing wrong with you its all down to this

of course im no gp so i cant say for certain otherwise id be sued lol stop with the googling symptoms because right now i have an itch on the side of my head one of my feet is a little cold my throats a bit sore thats just life! i had to really analize myself then, people who are nervous about things like this will be able to reel it off like its their home adress theyve lived in all their life becuase theyl be worrying about it itl be heightened might even hurt more foot will be colder etc. so my advice is if its really bothering you speak to ur gp get it sorted and then STOP and move on, distract urself competely from it dont try and fight it dont try and work it out in your head - you wont youl just be trying to justify its something sinister.

say to yourself it dosent exist, go do something else concentrate on other things what else have u got going on in your life work on that instead, guarantee you in time if u get pins n needles in your hand youl shake it back to normal and bod on like usual
    Last edited by greenday1997; 18-06-08 at 19:41.

Thread Information