Thread: really worried :(

really worried :(

Hi all, i broke my little finger twice about 6 years ago, its always been a bit dodgy and i cat really strighten it that well its natural position is slightly bent. A week ago i noticed it hurt (its on my right hand) and then my back and arm started hurting. but for the past 4 days my little finger and 4th finger has been tingling and burning. Its kind of feels warm like when the blood starts to drain out of it all the time :( im scared it could be the start of MS or something its driving me nuts. im going on holiday tommoro & i just know this is going to worry me all week

Re: really worried :(

i just googled MS symptoms and have a lot of them i am terrified now omg!!

Hi,

im so sorry that you are worrying about this, and perhaps the extra stress from preparing to go on holiday is adding to your worry, ( i know it does with me), it sounds a bit like inflamation or some nerve irritation, if you are able to take ibuprofen this could help, the fact that you have broken that finger twice before suggests maybe that it has something to do with that, and irritation to the nerve or some inflammation could fit in, as for the painful arm and back, well nerves to run up and down your arm, but also if you are very tense and worried you you will be tensing you muscles up, even when you dont know that you are doing it, and i think you become super aware of whats going on in the rest of your body, i certainly know thats what happens with me.
    I have experienced problems with the same two fingers as you from time to time, a couple of times when i have had some fluid retention due to pms, the nerves get pinced at the wrist and i can feel these two fingers just dont feel right and are tingling.

Take some painkillers and anti inflammatories, like ibuprofen, if you are able, go and enjoy your holiday, and when you get back if it is still bothering you make an appointment with your Gp.

i hope i have helped a little, i know how scary new things/symptoms/sensations happening to us are.

I look forward to hearing of your lovely holiday, relax a little and enjoy...

Take care and best wishes

P x

just read your second post , , try and resist the tempatation of googling, dr google is not an expert, we can almost make any of our symptoms fit in with any illness, googling doesnt help us , it just makes us feel worse and heightens our anxieties, be kind to yourself, dont do it... this is a message for myself also, we must stop this .

since i cant give you a hug in person this one will just have to do

P x

Thread Information