Thread: Librium (chlordiazapoxide) .....

Librium (chlordiazapoxide) .....

Hi all - been on this for 2 years now (yes I know its ages, but it works) - 15mg per day.

If you haven't read any of my previous posts I'm alcohol depenadant and start a detox next Monday. Just a quick Q really :

I've been up as high as 50mg / day of this med, and reduced myself down to the current level. As part of the detox the doc wants me to take 50mg four times daily for a week. Anyone else had this kind of dose ? I know I'm ok on 50 mg p/d, but 200mg seems kinda scary.

Krakers.

When your heads in the sand you can't see the wood for the trees - namely because you're staring at sand.

Re: Librium (chlordiazapoxide) .....

not had the same dose but ive been on it , im currently waiting for a dettox myself as im alcohol dependant aswell , nice to know im not alone ive been on chlordiazepoxide for anxiety before, but told i wil need when dettox also wishing you all the best and hope it goes ok for you

amandaxx

Hi Amanda - thnx for your reply.

The alcohol doctor said some real scary things when I saw him last week. I don't want to quote him as it may scare others here.

Thing is I've googled, searched the internet every other way, even been to the library and I can't find out any definates about what he said.

I'm seeing my own GP on Thurs / Fri and he always tells me as it is.

I'm overly worried about this detox directly because what I was told, but I can't find anything out about alcohol withdrawal thats informative.

I'm now on Camprol also and refused point blank antabuse (just the alcohol in my deoderant / aftershave or kissing my girlfriend if she wears perfume can make me seriously ill from it).

I'd like to know about what the doc said. He's confused me and not giving up sounded a better alternative to what he said.

I'm sorry to be so vague, but while I'm definately going to detox in a week, I'd like to know more.

Krakers.
    Last edited by Krakers; 26-01-09 at 21:48. Reason: spelling as usual

When your heads in the sand you can't see the wood for the trees - namely because you're staring at sand.

Good luck with the detox Krakers, let us know how you get on

Hi all - won't go into the ins and outs. Just a quick update....

All went OK, and its now been 3 months since I've had a drink. Previously I haven't made it past 10 weeks, so this time its looking good !

Krakers.

Hi Krakers , your doing really well, cant be easy, but it looks like your heading for victory , keep it up , good luck, take care , Dusky x

Hi,
    on my home detox was on 80mg librium a day for 2 days then reduce over 7 days, can't believe you were on it for 2years, highly addictive like diazapam.

200mg is very high, on 80mg I hand to have assistance walking up the stairs, I was high as a kite.

good luck,

Wayne

Thread Information