Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't accept i'm ok...please read!

Re: Can't accept i'm ok...please read!

Chris, most of us has been where you are, take me for example... 9 blood tests, 3 ecgs, 3 trips to A&E, endoscopy, ct scan of chest abdomen and pelvic area, couldn't eat, sleep was all messed up, seen 6 different docs, had numerous physical examinations, yet i still think there is an undiagnosed disease at work in my body.

Ask most people here how many times they have been to hospital or doctors or had so many tests and they all come back clear, and i bet you that nearly everyone has.

We all have done this and we all have health anxiety, so logically speaking it's gotta be anxiety hasn't it?

You need to STOP READING UP ON MEDICAL STUFF!!
    Ive been there and done it and so so many of us have and it doesn't help in the slightest because guess what? You don't have that disease and it's only your anxious mind telling you thast you do, you will need to learn to control that part of your brain, and i would suggest you go back to your doctor and have a heart to heart about your fears and he / she will advise you accordingly (most likely cbt or some kind of therapy)

On another note, i have noticed many vains and spider vains on my body than before because i notice my body so much more now and the fact i've lost 2 stone cuz of anxiety.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but mate u need to relax and try to think logical, i mean your 22 ffs, i'm 23, the chances of us having diseases at our ages are so slim in most cases

Hey guys.

Thanks for the replies. I know it must be frustrating to read of someone constantly worrying / beating themselves up, but I guess we all do it.

I can be rational and helpful with other people, and see it from an outsiders perspective, but when it's happening to you, it just feels so real and serious.

A few people have said they have tiny purple veins on the chest, but since I noticed it, it's totally freaking me out. And it seems to be more common in older people, and women, which lead me to think the only reason is because of Cirrhosis of the liver.

At the hospital they said at my age, with no family history, no alcohol abuse and low risk of Hepatitis (have been tested once before about a year ago which was negative), it would be very unlikely to be that.

I know the odds are in my favour, but it just feels so real and upsetting, that all the pieces start to fit together with symptoms and feelings etc.

Just want to get over this.

x

as you know i was a nurse and it does show up in blood tests don't know what you been reading the other way of checking is injecting a dye ,,have you any of these symptoms,,,,You may have itching and yellowish coloring of the eyes. You may also have trouble breathing. Your urine may be dark yellow or brown colored. In males, you may notice your breast to be enlarged or your testicles shrink,, these are common signs ,i think your mind is telling you you have it ,,as i said try to relax ,,i know its hard are you going to work ,,you should ,i am trying to help xxx

Hey gypsywomen.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I read that you can have liver problems without any abnormal blood results. I've had three lots of blood tests in the last week (maybe 4), two of which were checked for liver function I think, and all the others had full blood count, I also had a protein check, blood clotting check, and various other things, basically everything.

I've not had any of those symptoms. The only symptom really is the spider veins on my chest (one which i've had for a few years, but another patch which I only noticed in the last few days) and the Petechaie rash, which I have heard can be related to liver problems (though would show in blood results I think?). Have had the petechaie looked at by three/four different people, and the veins looked at by the hospital last night, who said they weren't worried about them.

Not had any of the other symptoms you mentioned.

I was mainly worried because it is rarely found until it's too late, so worried, i've had it undiscovered for some time..

I appreciate your help, thank you.

xx

the symptoms i gave you start about onset of liver problem ,one of the first is yellow urine plus ,eyes yellowish ,if you have had all those blood tests and they came back normal believe me there is nothing wrong with your liver as for spots and veins probably a reaction to meds but not liver so please relax if for one min Doctor thought you had he would send you to hospital for dye test so stop worrying ,,if you get the symptoms i mentioned then go beck to doctor but i dont think for one min you will ,,,so are you going to be ok hope so maggyxxx

Well the rash came before taking the meds, so don't know what is causing that, but doctors said they were of little concern (seeing a Dermatologist Tuesday), I have noticed the veins since starting medication, but it could just be i'm more away of my body as i'm panicking, or a normal thing, I don't know.

Not had any other symptoms, and they mentioned I had no urine problems and yellowing, or swelling, etc when they saw me last night and the other day.

I didn't see my GP though, it was direct to the hospital.

Seeing a Dermatologist on Tuesday, who is also a GP, so will voice my concerns then.

Feeling a little better, just constant worry somewhere!
    xx

good keep thinking positive glad you are feeling bit better ,,now relax watch some telly ,, you will be fine ,,,xx if you ever get worried pm me i wll try to help maggy

Thanks Maggy.

Appreciate that.

Managed to watch some TV, eat a bit, and put my mind off things for a while, managed to think a bit more rationally as well.

Seeing a dermatologist tomorrow, so until then, just going to chill out, or attempt to!

Thanks again.

If anyone else has any replies, or wants to talk, feel free to post, I read up on here everyday, so it's always nice.

xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information