Thread: Getting better then worse?

Unhappy Getting better then worse?

I've been taking citalopram for a few months now, and at first I felt so much better, less panic attacks and anxiety, it was great!
    Recently, in the last week or two, my anxiety has been awful, I've been having weird dreams and feeling like I'm on the verge of having a panic attack constantly. Has anyone else felt like this, or does anyone have any advice??
    Thanks

Re: Getting better then worse?

I'm in my 3rd week of taking Citalopram and your symptons are similar to mine. The first week I had some pretty bad panic attacks, worse than any I had previously had. Now they seem to be pretty constant but manageable. I haven't had any weird dreams but do wake up at about 4 every morning for no reason and then struggle to get back to sleep.

I have read that Citalopram can take up 6 weeks to work properly: I'm sure if I'm incorrect in that someone will correct me.

As to advice. I have found something that helps me:

http://www.jigzone.com/

Basically it's online jigsaw puzzles that I find distracts me when I am most anxious.
    I hope this helps a little.

Re: Getting better then worse?

I have been on Citalopram for years. Your panic will get worse for a little bit and then will get better. Its your system sorting out the chemical balance.
    One of the side effects of Citalopram is very weird dreams, I have very involved dreams almost every night now. You do get used to it.
    If your panic doesnt get any better in the next month or so, go back to your doctor, some medications are trial and error to see if they work for you.
    I was on Imipramine, Loferamine, and Fluoxetine before I got to Citalopram.
    Love and luck
    Helen x

Thread Information