Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bathroom Problem (dark foamy urine) help...

Bathroom Problem (dark foamy urine) help...

I have managed to work myself up to a tizzy again.. :(

For the past year or two, I have had pretty dark urine at times.. Especially after anxiety issues.. Now, for the last few months, really foamy too. I should not have searched Foamy urine online.. :( Now I am scared to death..

I just had a ton of blood work done about a month ago, and the tested for just about everything. Everything came out good in the blood tests. I told my dr. about the foamy urine, and she was not concerned. I take a PPI in the morning, one a day vitamin and fish oil daily. That is all. Now I think that I have some kind of kidney disease or something. If I am dehydrated a bit, it is really dark. But normally, it is too dark for me to see it as normal, and root beer type foam. I can drink a lot of fluids, and the foam will not really go away. Can any of those things I am taking cause it? Can adrenaline cause it?

I am really worried now... :(
    Last edited by cinny; 25-07-10 at 06:33.

Re: Bathroom Problem (dark foamy urine) help...

cinny,

Normally I would think its just dehydration, I would try and drink 1,5 l of pure water per day for couple of days and see then if it changes.

That is what I was hoping too.. I have been drinking quite a bit of fluids, but it has been over a 100 degrees for a while. Would low on fluids also make wee so foamy?

Sure, it gives it all sorts, You need to give it few days, and try not to look in the toilet for a day or so, or you will not know the difference if you keep looking. Watermelon also very good for the clean up.

But drink fluids gradually throught the day not at once, these 1,5 litres or should not be drank instantly mind.

I know Cranberry juice can help with some urine problems because of the anti-oxidants. I don't know if it'll cure your problem but I guess it's no harm to try it.

Not sure about the foam tbh but the darness certainly sounds like you're not drinking enough. And the cranberry juice is also a good tip.

Might be best just collecting a sample in a bottle and nipping in to see your GP. They can there just dip a stick in it and see what's what. Might be a small infection.

I decided this morning, to stop taking everything.. fish oil and vitamins, etc. Then give it a day or so and see what happens. The problem I have is that I often have a poor memory during anxiety times. i know that it has been foamy since at least April, because of my journal. But I cannot remember when it actually started or if there was some kind of change then, in what I was taking. I will definitely take the advice, and try to hydrate more. I was hoping someone would have experience with it and fish oil. But I might have been hoping too much. I do appreciate the advice alot!

My Wife thinks that if there was something wrong with my kidneys or liver, they would have seen it in my blood work test battery. They tested everything, and was looking for arthritis. didn't find anything. I guess she is probably right, and i have to try to relax. I now know that I have Fibromyalga, (which I can't spell) recently diagnosed, and I have been having pain right in my joints, elbows and knees. I thought Fibro was muscle pain, and that my joint pain could be caused by my kidney or liver problems. Now I am not sure what is going on.
    Last edited by cinny; 25-07-10 at 17:02.

drank lots of water all day yesterday. Color is almost clear, through this morning also. But the foam is still there.. :( appears to be less, but there. I haven't taken anything since Saturday morning. Is there anyone who has had foam for a long time? Months? I can't help thinking the worst, that my kidneys are going to be failing.

I don't know what it is tbh but like I said in my pp, it won't take a Dr two minutes to test the sample if you collect one prior to going in. This can be cleared up for you then and you won't have to worry any more.

I may have too. I was just looking for anyone with experience in this area, before I shelled out all the money for the testing. If someone had foam for years with no problems, etc.

Thumb said for a few day, so I will continue on with the water too..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information