Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got this breathing syptom again

Got this breathing syptom again

God this is awful feel likei havent got enough air what is this stays with me and scares me

Re: Got this breathing syptom again

ive had that all night bev ,had to take propranolol at half 3 cos couldnt breathe and had missed beats, first time ive taken them it did take the edge of it a bit but feel rubbish today, tottaly shattered you must be aswell fed up with it all now xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wink Re: Got this breathing syptom again

I am really sorry to hear you are going threw this.. i remember what it was like... when i first started having panic attacks a few years ago it started because i had a heavy feeling in my chest and i always felt like i couldnt get quite enough air..

it was very scary and a lot of the time id think horrible thoughts like.. maybe i have somthing wrong with my lungs? maybe i have lung cancer? my mind would always jump to really silly things threw the eyes of other people.. but it left me in a wreck! i could never catch my breath and that would make my panic attacks much worse!

this lasted nearly 2 years.. i went to my gp many times to find nothing wrong with me.. finally i got used to it and realised it wasnt somthing that was going to kill me and it slowly faded..

im not saying i never suffer.. sometimes i still get the slight feeling that i cant breath but im happy to say i know better now ... i understand how you feel because i have been there myself and so have many other's on here have as well.. i am 100% positive everything is going to be okay!

you need to keep thinking ''this will pass'' because it surely will.. if you need anyone to talk to im here for you, i know when i had bad panic attacks and felt like i couldnt breath having a chat with someone who understood what i was going threw made a big difference!

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Quote Originally Posted by Andyroo View Post
    I am really sorry to hear you are going threw this.. i remember what it was like... when i first started having panic attacks a few years ago it started because i had a heavy feeling in my chest and i always felt like i couldnt get quite enough air..

it was very scary and a lot of the time id think horrible thoughts like.. maybe i have somthing wrong with my lungs? maybe i have lung cancer? my mind would always jump to really silly things threw the eyes of other people.. but it left me in a wreck! i could never catch my breath and that would make my panic attacks much worse!

this lasted nearly 2 years.. i went to my gp many times to find nothing wrong with me.. finally i got used to it and realised it wasnt somthing that was going to kill me and it slowly faded..

im not saying i never suffer.. sometimes i still get the slight feeling that i cant breath but im happy to say i know better now ... i understand how you feel because i have been there myself and so have many other's on here have as well.. i am 100% positive everything is going to be okay!

you need to keep thinking ''this will pass'' because it surely will.. if you need anyone to talk to im here for you, i know when i had bad panic attacks and felt like i couldnt breath having a chat with someone who understood what i was going threw made a big difference!
    Thanks andy did u feel like u didnt have enough air? Its horrible is the chest pain conacted then would u say? Did anything make the breathing better for u? Its so hard to believe nothing wrong when u feel like this

i found airways chewing gum did the trick try it what can u loose feel for you xxxxx

Read this again;

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=89489

and get the book by Dinah Shore - Chronic hyperventilation syndrome.
    I beleive it it £5 from WH Smith. Really does help you understand what is happening and tells you how to control it.

Good luck - I know how awful it can be

Judi

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! (peanuts)

The reason i joined nmp was because of this very symthom you are having now.. when i would breath in i felt as if i wasnt getting enough air sometimes i felt like it was going to kill me! but it was only a feeling it never hurt me... it felt so real.. but i talked to a friend who told me about nmp and she had the same exact breathing symthoms i did.. we feel that way because we are stressed and anxious.. it feels like we can breath but we are breathing perfectly fine.. i know its scary.. trust me i know

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Quote Originally Posted by gypsywomen View Post
    i found airways chewing gum did the trick try it what can u loose feel for you xxxxx
    Will try it hun thanks

try potters cold, cough and catarrh pastilles too, they're great for the airways ! I found these helped a lot when I had these symptons. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Bev
    I should get that book it is very good I have got it
    and it explains a lot to you.
    If you can get it for £5.00 that is very good
    Look after yourself
    I dont get the breathing it is my head that frightens me when it is lighthed and dizzy. that is when I start to panic
    I wondered if mine was to do with my breathing that is why I sent for the book

Joanx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information