Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline advice

Sertraline advice

Hello people I have been on loads of meds for depression but most off them got rid of my sexdrive.doctor told me to try Sertraline these worked great take 100 mg sexdrive is quite normal but while on these I have notcied that for may days I feel like in a euphoric state for a while like good moods most days Then I just feel tired I am not sure if this is normal or not. I have noticed that I am starting to like the things I used to do again I am very happy with this but when on a down day my fingernails get bitten very badly I hope its just the pills Not sure if i should up the dose to 150 maybe it will help a bit I was just wondering what you guys thought

Re: Sertraline advice

Hi Soulsearcher

How long have you been on Sertraline? Usually you get more good days the longer you are on it. I found that as I felt able to do more, that in itself made me feel more positive as well. I am only on 50mg and haven't increased my dose at all. What does your doctor think? They are best placed to advise on your dose. It depends on things like how long you have been on your current dose and what your current state and any side effects are.

Tyke

Hi tyke Thanks for your reply I have been taking it I think for three or 4 months at 100 mg
    just off to doctors this afternoon ill mention what they say on here

The only advice I would give with Sertraline is that the 150's look just like the oval paracetamol.

Don't take two "paracetamol" in the dark, like I did once ,and spend the next 2 days up and down like a yo-yo hehehehe!
    Last edited by deepreason; 03-05-11 at 15:33.

Hi soulsearcher, i have just gone upto 150mg a couple of days ago i am in my sixth week, and like Tyke says stay with it, thats what i am trying to do x

well been to gp and advised that i am sleeping two and three times a day he said it could be me getting better and kept me on 100 mg i have been on 100 mg since December I hope its not starting to wear off as most other pills have I have only just started being tired
    Last edited by soulsearcher; 05-05-11 at 13:30.

I actually got better when my sleep improved. My appetite and concentration also improved at the same time. Your doc may well be right.

Tyke

Persevere and soon you will feel well enough to make a few natural changes in your life style and things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsearcher View Post
    Hello people I have been on loads of meds for depression but most off them got rid of my sexdrive.doctor told me to try Sertraline these worked great take 100 mg sexdrive is quite normal but while on these I have notcied that for may days I feel like in a euphoric state for a while like good moods most days Then I just feel tired I am not sure if this is normal or not. I have noticed that I am starting to like the things I used to do again I am very happy with this but when on a down day my fingernails get bitten very badly I hope its just the pills Not sure if i should up the dose to 150 maybe it will help a bit I was just wondering what you guys thought
    Lucky you! Sertraline had killed my sex drive, well not the "drive" so much, more passing the "finishing line" ! I'm only on 50mg.

Escitalopram made me feel "euphoric" sometimes, didn't have any sexual side effects, but sadly did b****r all for my anxiety.

Haz - how long have you been on Sertraline? I'm on 50mg too and I had problems , but this wore off with the other side effects after about four weeks . There may still be hope!!!! .

Tyke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information