Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: first one

first one

I'm taking my first one at 10.30 thn gonna go to bed I'm very worried atm :(:(

Re: first one

The strange thing about taking medication for anxiety is we tend to get anxious about the effects it may have. A vicious cycle but please do not worry.

You will feel better and hopefully it will give you the will to face your anxieties x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

Thankyou! Just don't wonna have bad side effects :( worrys me the most are u on meds? If so what ones how did they go for u xxx

You can get no side effects at all (or some mild ones, keep your fingers crossed). Here is the Citalopram subforum so i guess you are taking it, what dose?

Yea I'm starting off on 10mg taking it tonight but I've got headache already and acid reflux witch scares me anyway and this is scarin me aswell I don't want it to make it worse when my axiety is alrede getting the best of me by thinkin to much again :( are you on them? X

10mg is a little dose, don't worry. Even if you get some SEs i doubt they will be so bad. Anxiety will be there unfortunately, these medicines even make it worse in the beginning of the treatment but it won't harm you so no need to worry much. I've been on citalopram several times for the last 8 years (up to 40mg/day).

Do you get any side effects att all when u first started? What did u first start on! Ikno my axietys already kicking in :( xx

I am one of the 'happy' people not to get some serious side effects Maybe some light headache and insomnia for the first several days as well as increased anxiety/nervousness. Every time i started straight on 20mg/day.

Oh yeah! I wanna be able to sleep though lol I'm just gonna pick at loads of stuff if I carry on gonna take it soon :( ! Ahhh x

Quote Originally Posted by lea1992 View Post
    Yea I'm starting off on 10mg taking it tonight but I've got headache already and acid reflux witch scares me anyway and this is scarin me aswell I don't want it to make it worse when my axiety is alrede getting the best of me by thinkin to much again :( are you on them? X
    Totally like me, I got acid reflux really badly so when I started the citalopram I was also put on omeprazole and that, just like citalopram, is a wonder drug. See if you can get it prescribed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information