Thread: omeprazole and blood tests

omeprazole and blood tests

Went to my Gp yesterday to talk to him about my tummy issues ( the upper left pain etc) anyway he wants to run some blood tests which im really scared about because all i think about is i have pancreatic cancer or something so horrible and serious like that.. anyway blood tests are tomomorw

He has also given me omeprazole.... anyone who knows of this i was just wondering when you took it etc because i didnt get home yesterday till 7pm and then took one before i hard dinner... is that ok?

Also this bit is a tad gross.... so dont read on if you have a issue with poo lol

my stool colour at the moment is a somewhat yellow/light brown is this normal?

Re: omeprazole and blood tests

Omeprazole is excellent - works very quickly. Take it with food I think at any time of the day.

Yes it is normal to have stool colour changes all the time

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks nicola

as i said before freaked out about pancreatic cancer and now even more scared because they want to take blood tests and i read somewhere light stool can be a symptom of that :/

Not only are stool color changes normal, lots of antacids cause them. If you ever take Pepto-Bismol, you'll find it turns it BLACK, which is a sign of bleeding in other cases! I know some antacids cause yellowish stool, too.

I just had blood tests with upper left stomach pain (in area of actual stomach) and it all came back normal. I think it was liver function, blood sugar, CBC, and a bunch of other stuff... H. Pylori, too. The point is, it's not common for you to get a blood test and them to say, "Oh, you have cancer." They would just see something off and want to do a different test to see what it is (and it could be quite a few things aside from cancer!).

I hope your blood tests provide you some reassurance!

Thread Information