Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone. Renea here.

Hi everyone. Renea here.

My name is Renea. I am from the United States. Indiana. I am a 25 year old female. I am suffering from panic and anxiety. I was put on Wellbutrin-xl 300mg three weeks ago. I will go see a counselor for the first time on the 24th. I get so panicky just thinking about it. I just recently started leaving the house 3 days ago by myself. Two months ago i had a panic attack driving with my 2 yr.old and 1 yr.old. That freaked me out, so after that i wouldn't drive anywhere. Or leave the house. I have a hard time going outside when it is sunny out. Weird huh. I'd rather it be rainy or cloudy. I guess alot of it is because i fear of having a panic attack and fainting. Everything i do, i wonder if i'm gonna freak and pass out. I have it. I really look forward to meeting everyone. So i hope to see you all very soon. I loved reading all the forums. Makes me feel better that i'm not alone. Sincerely, Renea

Hiya Renea,

Just to say welcome to the site.

You will find plenty of useful information here, so have a good look around!

Kate x

Hey Renea,

Glad that you're making progres and going out again..

I'm sure you know that avoidance is definately something to avoid . lol. Progress is made by exposing yourself to your fears and surviving them.

Look forward to hearing more from you

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Renea

Welcome to the site. Glad you have had a good look round and found the posts familiar and comforting.

Exellent that you have started leaving the house again, thats a great start!!!

love Sarah
    xx

hello renea, my name is mary. its great to hear your getting outside again, try to keep going, it must be so hard but everytime you do it be proud of yourself. keep looking on this site its wonderful and so helpful x take care from mary x

Hi Renea

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear that you are a fellow sufferer but you will get loads of help on here and plenty of advice.

Please keep trying to go out and do things - try not to avoid anything.

I got your picture thanks so I will add it to the pictures page asap.

Nicola

Hi Ranea!
    Just to echo what everyone else has said - welcome to the site and keep up the good, hard work. Let us know how you get on with your councellor on 24th - it really is a step in the right direction.

Take care
    Red
    x

I just want to thank all of you for welcoming me to the site. I tried out the chat room and the people i talked to were extremely nice. It is nice to know that there are people like you all that can understand. It really puts me at ease. Thank you again. Love Renea xxxx

Hi Renea

It was good to see you in the chat room last night - it is nice to talk "live" to others isn't it. Hope to see you back again soon.

Nicola

Hi Renea,
    I'm new here as well. I learned something not too long ago that really helped me and thought I would share it with you. We always worry that we are going to pass out or crazy when we have a panic attack, but those things won't happen. If you notice when you are having an attack, you are actually more conscious of yourself and your surroundings so you are not crazy. Also, when we have an attack, our blood pressure actually rises, so it's not likely that we are going to pass out. When I had my worst panic attacks I hated driving. One day a friend asked if she could go with me and I said, "are you sure you want to, I might have a panic attack." She said, Steph, because you suffer from anxiety, you are actually a safer driver as you pay very close attention to what you are doing." That made alot of sense to me.
    Keep up the good work, take baby steps and if you really don't want to go somewhere, go anyway and tell yourself you can back out halfway if you need to.
    Over time you will master lots of little tricks to help yourself.
    Steph

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information