Thread: Scared already to take it......

Scared already to take it......

Hi everyone,
    I have pure OCD and derealization/depersonalization and i had an assesment today with a mental health doctor & this is what he diagnosed me with, he also wants me to start taking Prozac with CBT. I'm so anxious already about taking this I havent even got the bloody prescription yet! its just you hear so many horror stories of people becoming manic or homocidal or suicidal.
    He explained it all to me properly & said it will really help me but I feel really against taking it, i dont want to feel worse.
    I dont know what to do, i know rationally it should make me feel better but i just cant get over the fear :/.
    Thanks for any advice.

Re: Scared already to take it......

I am on day 21 and its not easy i felt sick but make sure you try and eat and if you cant sometimes try complan there are lots of treads on here which have helped me to carry on taking it so have a read of them.

and get your perscription and take it asap.

good luck

Cathy xx

Im not a fan of meds, and dont take them anymore... but if youve talked it through with GP , then perhaps you should give them a go? otherwise, only you know if you can carry on without any meds..

I personally know several people who have taken this med without ANY significant side effects at all. I have yet to actually meet someone who has suffered with it, but I know of those on NMP that have. Ultimately only you can decide if you want to take the meds, BUT (and this is a big BUT), if it doesn't help, or makes you feel worse, you shouldn't dismiss all/any other meds. I've tried several and have recently been prescribed Mirtazepine, which for me, has had no unpleasant side effects at all.

If depersonalisation and derealisation are really unbearable (as they have been for me in the past so I know exactly what you're experiencing), I'd take the medication option anytime (and previously have).

In my mind, depersonalisation and derealisation are the absolute worst symptoms of anx, give me a PA any day in comparison. I suffered for 18-24 months pre medication (god only knows how I kept going) and if I had known that there was a medication that could have helped, I'd have taken it a lot sooner. I, like you was terrified of AD's, but they helped me SO much. The depersonalisation and derealisation just vanished for me, which left me able to cope with, and tackle the anx with a clear rational mind.

Thread Information