Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate sunny days!!

I hate sunny days!!

I'm agoraphobic..never venture further than my front door. Major depression and anxiety too. Honestly, I'm just constantly desperately unhappy. I hate this weather!! Sunny days are a constant reminder of what a loser I am. I hear people outside, laughing, enjoying the good weather. Even the news shows people at the beach or in parks, relaxing. While I'm trapped in the same four walls and all the sun does is highlight the dusting and housework that I should have done weeks ago. Strange though it sounds, bad weather makes me feel safe inside, when the streets are deserted and I'm not the only one barricaded inside.

Rant over! Sorry, folks!!

Re: I hate sunny days!!

hi, I can relate to what your saying, people say 'you should be happy, the weather is lovely', well yes it is but i cant enjoy it, ive been agoraphobic for 4 years and it makes you depressed. Also like you Ive sat in the house that long that ive lost interest in decorating it, i do keep it tidy but i never go mad, never liked cleaning anyway. Also when the light nights are here, we cant hide in he darkness, i have to take the dogs out in the day (with my other half) and i dont enjoy it at all, if you can just try and get out a bit every day, even if its sitting on the door step or in the garden, as sunlight is good for you, we wont always be like this, we just have to get through each day

I can really relate to this, the sunny weather has brought with it lots of invites for me to go out to the beach or the park etc and i feel so stupid for constantly having to make up an excuse as to why i can't come along, i've only really deteriorated over the last 6-8 months so people are used to me being quite outgoing etc and the more invites i get because of the nice weather, the worse i feel for turning people down and the less they bother asking me. I'm pretty paranoid that once i recover from all this i won't have anyone left anymore :/ i guess you (and i) need to focus on the fact that with enough work and determination, there will come a time in the future where we'll be able to enjoy the sun as much as everyone else! Maybe even with a nice tan too :P

I too can totally relate to how you are feeling although I do have a somewhat limited comfort zone and can leave the house, I absolutely feel no joy in this at all. When I do manage to get out it's certainly not a pleasure. And yes, the sun certainly shows up that dust and still I can't be bothered lol. I think I have just learned to adjust to being trapped and try not to dwell on the pleasure others get from being so carefree. I just try to tell myself I WILL be able to do that one day, spontaneously, not having to plan my escape down to the last detail to ensure I can venture past the front gate. I hope you are getting some help....it's no life trapped in here is it?
    Kitti x

Sunshine makes me feel worse when I feel depressed - weird I know!

i get the same thing, sunny days can make me feel absolutely awful, only not for agoraphobia but because i see all these people with their fresh, bare skin out and i have to cover myself up in long concealing clothes. i can't really ever show off my arms/shoulders, chest, back, legs, sometimes my neck because chances are they are covered in cuts and scars from my dermatillomania. also when my face is particularly bad and i have to smother on a load of make-up to cover it, the sun and hot weather both make it look and feel SO much worse. i get all horrible and sticky and then i feel dirtier and just want to go home and scrub my skin more! and the sun just reminds me of all of this! argh :(

Hoshi, sorry to hear that, must make this warm weather doubly awful for you. I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like this and I can empathise totally, I definitely struggle more with depression on beautiful days like today. Let's hope it cools down and clouds up really soon...or that someone comes up with a magical cure! Hey, we can hope, right?

I understand perfectly all you have written and I feel for you. I have been there, but listen to this...
    I got over the agoraphobia and then got severe pollen allergy so can't go out on a sunny day due to that, you can't win!

Take comfort, you are not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Julianne View Post
    I understand perfectly all you have written and I feel for you. I have been there, but listen to this...
    I got over the agoraphobia and then got severe pollen allergy so can't go out on a sunny day due to that, you can't win!

Take comfort, you are not alone
    Oh No!! Poor you that's really sad. But may I ask....how did you get over the agg and how long did it take? Thanks, Kitti

I can totally relate with how you feel, I hate, hate, hate sunny days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information