Thread: nausea and headache

nausea and headache

You can probably guess what I'm worried about based on the title. I'm worried about two things, which I don't want to write. I woke up this morning with nausea and a left-side, pounding and painful but inconsistent headache.
    I took some Midol for the headache and that took care of it. I'm not in full-blown panic mode, mostly because I've just finished my period and headaches sometimes happen afterwards. But simultaneous headache and nausea isn't a good thing. And both were worse than I've had in a long time. If it happens again tomorrow (it's the evening now, and though I feel a bit off, it's not bad now) should I ask the health center at my uni to refer me for scans?

Many thanks to anyone who reads and responds. Happy health anxiety to you all, and may the odds be ever in your favor (the odds are, we're all physically more or less fine!)

Re: nausea and headache

Hi Liza.

This sounds like a simple migraine.....nothing to be alarmed by at all. Very common during hormonal times. Have a nap and drink some water and to avoid these in future it might be an idea to get some Vitamin B2 and B6 and Magnesium into your daily intake.

Kel

Thread Information