Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Weather and Anxiety

Re: Hot Weather and Anxiety

Reason I don't like this weather, seeing women wearing less which makes me feel even more sexually frustrated.

I get that too. My sister gets panic attacks when it's warm. It's annoying in work

I don't know. I really love the sun, and want to live somewhere where we get longer summers. I get more affected by the constant greyness and rain here in the uk. I love to be able to walk in the sun or just sit outside and soak up rays

I know what you mean about heat triggering panic, although I find that I get more panicky in a stuffy overheated room in the winter than I do outside in the sun in the summer. Does that make sense?

I have been panicky all day, just felt like I could not breathe, still feel like it now, it's the humidity that gets to me the most, having said that, It's a million percent better than the depressing long drawn out winters that we have in the UK.

BobbyDog

I complain more than most when it's bad weather 95% of the year! however, when it comes to hot weather, i really can't handle it. I put that down to not being used to it. I lived in a hot climate for a while and got used to the heat where it didnt bother me too much, but now i'm used to the cold again. Today, though, was intense heat when i went for a walk and had a panic attack. I love the hot weather, but my anxiety doesnt

I absolutely hate the heat! The sweat and sunburns are downright uncomfortable! I simply do not go outside, unless it is for, like, two seconds to get to the car. The same principle applies to cold weather, in which I can only be out for no more than a minute.

The best way to deal with these types of weather is to simply avoid them. As contradictory as it sounds it is the best way to stay happy, and thus prevent anxiety.

I too don't like being overheated, menopausal hot flushes are worse, really the heat is as extreme as the cold, yet the populus seem to insist that we should be jolly and welcome it!

Be happy, strike up the barbeque, get your pasty old legs out on show, hang round outside the pub getting drunk, hey hey its summer.

Ahhrggh!!

pah humbug

under a parasol, in the shade, or in the darkened bedroom with a fan, thats where you will find me, waiting for the beautiful misty and cool autumn to close in on us!!

have a nice day
    love ruby
    xxxxxxxxxx

I like a bit of sun, but the heat recently has been unbarable. I can hardly sleep or eat with it and feel sick constantly! I'm trying to fight agoraphobia but most people seem to love being out in it, making the streets and town busier, making it harder for me to deal with... on top of feeling worse anyway.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
    (✿◠‿◠)

I like the heat cause I like bbq's however other than that I am not keen on due to my having Lymphoedema and need to keep myself covered up phew what a sweat lol
    Also being on Warfarin to thin the blood doesn't help.
    I feel for any lady pregnant in this heat cause the heat feels twice as hot.

Turn things around a bit does anyone get anxious or panicky when it's cold ?

I think maybe Mr Spock had the right idea that human emotions have many flaws and are very unpredictable Live Long & Prosper

Diagnosed With Following Under Mental Health

Severe Depression
    Generalised Anxiety Disorder
    Panic Disorder
    Borderline Personality Disorder
    Agoraphobia

Physical Health Diagnosis's

Type 2 Diabetes
    Blood Clotting Disorder
    Lymphoedema
    Asthma
    Sleep Apnoea

I hate hot weather, but it's ok if there's a steady breeze.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information