Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agoraphobia and anxiety

Re: Agoraphobia and anxiety

Sorry to hear you've had such a horrific start to the week! That's a truly horrible Monday right there. I agree you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You genuinely tried, you wanted to go, but at some point you do have to be kind to yourself and say 'okay, I've really, really tried but today it doesn't work'' Tomorrow is a new day and things might feel a whole lot different. If you were an athlete training for an event and you didn't manage to run the amount of miles you wanted to do, you'd find it easier to accept disappointment, and that you'd just had a bad day and know that next time will be different. When things don't go well for me, I try to see it like that. xx

Hiya Kitti, sorry to hear you had such a rotten time with the agoraphobia/anxiety. I can only echo what everyone else has said. Try not to be so hard on yourself. (I'm agoraphobic too and having similar "problems"). We're our worst critics aren't we!!

Wendy

Thank you Lindy and doodah, I really appreciate your comments. I am feeling positive that I can do it tomorrow, so heres hoping lol.....

back to you Wendy
    Thanks ladies x

Hi hun
    Sorry youve had a bad start to the day yesterday how are you doing today it horrible when you know you can do things but something inside stops you and brings on these horrible feelings it always puzzles me that one day i can do things and the next day im petrified to do anything hopefully the cbt will help conquer this and sending you lots of hugs and hope you have had a better day today

lovely poem D B XXX

Quote Originally Posted by angel wings View Post
    Hi hun
    Sorry youve had a bad start to the day yesterday how are you doing today it horrible when you know you can do things but something inside stops you and brings on these horrible feelings it always puzzles me that one day i can do things and the next day im petrified to do anything hopefully the cbt will help conquer this and sending you lots of hugs and hope you have had a better day today

lovely poem D B XXX

Hi Angel,

Thanks hun, felt better today and managed to get to work ok, although a little late lol. Yes, it is baffling how you can feel so positive some days and others you just can't do anything because of this damm anxiety!! I am still feeeling positive about the CBT but I think it will be a long hard slog!!

Hope you are having a good day

Take care, Kitti xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information