Thread: Is 99 over 65 too low for blood pressure?

Is 99 over 65 too low for blood pressure?

I have a blood pressure monitor I use at home. I just took it and it was 99 over 65 on my left arm. I took it again on my right arm and it was 98 over 64. Usually when I take it, it's higher like 115 over 70 or so. It has been this low a few times before. Whenever I'm at the doctor it is always high like 140 or 150 over 90 - or even higher. I know that's because of my anxiety.

Anyway, does anybody else have low readings like this?

Ro44

Re: Is 99 over 65 too low for blood pressure?

Hi,
    that particular measurement is a bit low but nothing to worry about , i know people who get it like that a lot. The 115/70 is perfect. I mean do you feel anything, when i think my bp is dropped i feel like passing out. Unfortunately i can hardly get to know my real bp since when i get to the doc is like urs there, ranging top from 130 to 140 and bottom one usually 90. I don't have a home monitor, i am too scared of those things lol i think even if i was to take it myself i'd be getting it same as at the doc, i'm scared of taking bp, doesn't matter by who or where lol
    If you are feeling ok, i wouldn't worry, honestly i have heard of people having the bottom even lower.
    Why did u decide to take it tonight?

It's afternoon here and I was just feeling kind of tired and sleepy and I was just curious what it would be. I didn't sleep very well last night. It's usually not quite that low and I was just a little concerned. I'll probably take it again later to see if it has come up any. Hopefully, it's ok.

Thanks

It's nothing to worry about, probably that's why u r feeling sleepy and tired, and it could all be cause u didn't sleep well, trust me it's really not that low, you should be fine after getting some sleep tonight. I really wish i could take mine and get that kind of reading right now lol it would be the best possible explanation for the things i'm feeling. Just relax, it will be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance Mila. You might think about getting a home monitor. I bought one a few years ago because my blood pressure was "sky high" at the doctors office and he started talking to me about the dangers of high blood pressure and all. I told him I really thought it was just because I was so anxious at the time. He then suggested I take it at home a few times a week for a month to see. So that's what I did. I know what you mean about being anxious when taking your blood pressure. I get anxious too. What I try to do is keep the monitor handy and I usually just take it when I am feeling relaxed and I don't give myself much time to be anxious about it. I just take it real quick so that I know I'm getting a pretty accurate reading. When I go to the doctors, I dread having it taken the entire drive over and that's probably why it's always so high.

Anyway, just an idea.

Thanks again,

Ro44

dont worry 99/65 is fine, maybe drink some fluids, i work at the hospital and we have patients that have lower blood pressure than that at times and they are ok, we just up their fluids or tell them to drink more water, you probably just need a good nights sleep.
    take Care xx

You could be dehydrated hence the low blood pressure.

Mine went very low recently - one reading was 60/50 but I drank loads of water and it seemed to help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information