Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convinced i have a blood clot oh my god

Exclamation Convinced i have a blood clot oh my god

i just read (i know im stupid) about the symptoms of a blood clot and now im really panicking as i have them all,
    about 4 weeks ago i brought up like a spot of blood in my phelgm and my chest has been kinda heavy since Friday night coming ang going.
    my GP listened to my chest yesterday and said it was fine (and last Monday) but im freaking out like i cant sit still. im at work and im so scared. can it be detected by listening to it?
    im on contraceptive pill and apparently that increases it x

Re: Convinced i have a blood clot oh my god

Oh my I'm currently having this horror! ... Been getting a sharp pain in my left
    Leg an obviously in my mind this is dvt ! Bad sharp pains I mean... So of course it has travelled to my lung now .. Actually really scared now with chest and rib pains an just feeling generally unwell. That horrible little voice is saying no this time this is really it you do have something seriously wrong with you ! :-( an a gp told me a while ago that it can very rarely be detected by a stethoscope and also in someone who is just on pill with no other clotting factor risks its highly unlikely x

Oh god so it can't be detected by a stephe scope? Oh dear god :-(
    My breathings changed just after reading that sentence :-(

Blood in phlegm - I get that sometimes... usually when my allergies or sinus issues are bad. And the heavy feeling in your chest is most probably GERD or even muscle pain from clenching without even realising it.

Sometimes I find it incredible how many symptoms health anxiety can exacerbate (I'm having a problem right now with my stomach - and like yourself went straight to Google.. we really should know better than to do this right!!!)

yup!!
    ive got some gaviscon this morning to try, im going to see how i get on, its not AS bad as yesterday perhaps its calming down a little? i said this yesterday morning then it went crazy :(
    surely thought id be uber poorly if i had something like that? i havent had the blood in phlegm for a few weeks now, my nose is abit runny and im still bringing up clear phlegm, so im just trying to keep positive.

Blood clots normally start in the leg with symptoms of swelling and bad bad pain. It is highly unlikely that you have one.

My friend had a blood clot in there leg after doing a 13 hour flight. a couple of days later their leg & ankle started to swell up badly and they told me the pain was absolutely excruciating. They could not even stand on that leg. The swelling is a major factor the doctors look for when a suspected blood clot has formed.

I really don't think you have one with the symptoms you have. Regarding the blood it could be coming from your gums.

Oh right!
    i had some pain at the top of my legs like a burning but it was both legs i could still walk and stuff though it wasnt breath taking and it had abit of a viral rash a few weeks ago. i had the blood in my plegmn like one day, and i had been fairly sick the day or two before that vomiting and she said it was because of that. My plegm is completely clear now, no colour atall but still quite thick.

It is very very very rare to have blood clots in both legs.

Sounds like the doc is right about the vomiting and blood. Me thinks you should go sit in the sun for a couple of hours and try to relax

Nick

Yeah i think i will try and just chill out, again its sort of passing. Im going to take some Gaviscon after my lunch and see if that helps.
    My obs were fine at the doctors the other day and nothing was suspect. I guess im just freaking out after reading :( bad shiv!

Stay away from Dr Google!!

Keep smiling

Nick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information