Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lump Behind Right Ear

Lump Behind Right Ear

Hello all,
    I seem to have Found a small hard lump behind my right ear i noticed it before it hurts a bit too but its never been there before.

I had my hair cut this week and as its been sunny and hot I've been out a lot do you think it could of been the sun what caused this lump ?
    i am scared about this

Re: Lump Behind Right Ear

I once had a big raised bump behind my ear - it was almost purple in colour and it was just a raised gland... - which went away of it's own accord.

Otherwise, could it be a spot - sometimes you can get them under the skin, and they feel really hard and hurt - but they vanish without ever eruptng, so to speak?

I would wait a few days and go to the docs if you are really worried. I doubt the sun would cause anything behind your ear, as it would be shaded by your ear - and a sinister lump wouldn't suddenly appear.

Try not to worry - I know it is easier said than done

Hi .. have had the same thing its was right where the ear joins the head and it was quite large and i saw the doc who told me it was a gland that comes up sometimes, usually when we are a bit run down like when we have a cold or hayfever or even when we have slept funny. i even get it coming up when i wear sunglasses for long periods of time too so if you have been wearing sunnies, that could have irritated it cos thet rest on the gland..... and if they are quite tight, that can do it.. i always buy ones that are quite loose and it doesn't happen so often now... i agree with above if you are still worried in a couple of days, check it out with your doc but i find that a couple of days on an anti inflammatory medication usually settles it down.. oh and try not to prod it too much cos it aggrivates it ... take care
    Rachel
    'Dream Catch me'
    Newton Faulkner

I've had the exact same thing too - worried about it at the time but it had gone within a few days.

itll most probably be a cyst, dont worry and dont touch it, keep it clean and itll pop soon enough - just puss and water in them, horrible i know but not dangerous. i had one last year infront of my right ear, was only there a week or two then it popped and went

It could be mastoiditis Callum, which sometimes follows a middle ear infection. I'd go see you doc just to make sure though.

i had this last week and now its gone strange but true

I get these alot, its just a gland.

Hi
    I have had one behind my right ear since i was a kid on and off. My mum had a name for it but cant remember now what it was!!It is definately a gland and as i say i have had it for about 30 years now!!!
    xx

My lump has gone behind my ear so i fell so much better now thanks for all your support!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information