Thread: Propranolol side effects?

Propranolol side effects?

Only taken two 40mg tablets so far- one this morning and one just a few minutes ago. They certainly seem to calm me down. Now I don't know if it's because I've had little sleep the past few days or the way I'm feeling at the moment but my head feels very fuzzy and when I went out I was very lightheaded. I'm obviously very tired but my joints ache a lot when I climb steps/stairs. I guess my question is is this normal or is this simply as a result of how tired I am after a very arduous few days?

Re: Propranolol side effects?

eh iv had the same side affects! i only take 10mg twice a day as taking the 80mg twice a day made me unable to function. they do make you dizzy at first but your body soon gets used to them. as for the sleepyness as far as am aware its a mixture of the pills and the reason you are on them

Light headedness definitely..... the rest i don't recognise (other than the lack of sleep but thats always been an issue for me!)

All the best...

B

hi im new 2 this site i hav bn on anti depressants since i was 15 am now 35,hav jst taken my 1st propranolol hav 2 take 10mg 3 times a day was a bit scared of the side effect xx

Quote Originally Posted by mike339 View Post
    Only taken two 40mg tablets so far- one this morning and one just a few minutes ago. They certainly seem to calm me down. Now I don't know if it's because I've had little sleep the past few days or the way I'm feeling at the moment but my head feels very fuzzy and when I went out I was very lightheaded. I'm obviously very tired but my joints ache a lot when I climb steps/stairs. I guess my question is is this normal or is this simply as a result of how tired I am after a very arduous few days?
    Hi Mike339..

I've just finished my course of propranolol. I asked my doctor what they did and he said that it will help with the anxiety by blocking certain 'tranmitters'. One I think was adreneline which is the bit that keeps you pinging along and keeping you in the state you are in. They also slow down the heart rate so for the first few days you might feel a bit out of sorts until things even out. I found they worked well. They achy limbs are apparently one of the signs of anxiety - just tired muscles and nerves. I had them at the start then they progressively sorted themsleves out to the point I was away on.. a hiking holiday with loads of fresh air and relaxation. I didn't overdo it. Just took everything at a nice pace. Wife was slower than me so it helped as she set the pace. I'd have been off like a bullet so it helped my nerve endings.

Just try and switch off and take it easy for a while to let the body heal itself.

Mystic3178

I was on citalopram for about 4 years, i stopped them when they made me ill, im on propanolol now, for the second time, ive been on them once before, i asked for something i can take at work so i was prescribed them again. They make my eyes dialate about 2 or 3 times a second and i get very fidgety, but idont know if thats just me or side effects. Im on 40mg

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgirl View Post
    I was on citalopram for about 4 years, i stopped them when they made me ill, im on propanolol now, for the second time, ive been on them once before, i asked for something i can take at work so i was prescribed them again. They make my eyes dialate about 2 or 3 times a second and i get very fidgety, but idont know if thats just me or side effects. Im on 40mg
    ask your doc for 10mg tablets, it might make any side effects less, it seems to be easier to cope with for me then 40mg

Thread Information