Thread: Day 6 on 20mg prozac, up and down...

Day 6 on 20mg prozac, up and down...

hi
    just taken my day 6 dose of prozac, had an awful period of anxiety and insomnia with depression so was prescribed this along with zimovane, which I have taken before.I feel a bit confused and spaced out, but to be fair I felt like that before and edgy and nervy, but not really worse than before, I do tend to analyse how I am feeling like all the time, hope the prozac will help calm me down and get me on an even keel.Sleeping fairly well, with the help on zimovane, and avoiding alcohol and caffeine.Has anyone taken prozac and not had any nasty side effects?
    good luck to everyone and thanks, it helps to know I am not alone.

Re: Day 6 on 20mg prozac, up and down...

Hi em,

I had awful side effects for the first 2weeks of prozac but by week 3 I was feeling like a different person!! I still have down days but I can handle the hiccups as long as I dont feel as bad as I did every minute of every day!

Avoiding caffeine is a good thing, ive not had any for the last 3wks and that has also made me feel alot better.

No, you are certainly not alone, soooooo many people are on prozac and they have said the same to me what I am about to say to you.... STICK WITH IT!! It will get better!

xx

You are what you think!

I had Prozac years ago, found it to work well for me, although after a while it didn't seem to be as effective.

One of my friends has been on Prozac for a few weeks after trying numerous meds over the years. She had no side effects and feels that she's finally got her life back again. I'm so pleased for her. So yes, there are people it works for.
    Myra

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

It didn't do much for me apart from giving me terrible insomnia but there are always people that it works well for and helps. Medications will never affect two people in exactly the same way as our brains are all "wired" differently. So the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say.

Hope it helps you.

Never Surrender, Comrade

thanks for all you replies, I got through a busy old stressful day at work, which has to be good without to much trouble, and feel rather calm, horlicks....zimovane and bed now, got a 5am start in the morning, good night all xx

ive been on prozac for 2 months now and i cant remember the last time i had a decent nights sleep...

the positive thing are im feeling a million times better, my personal opinion on prozac is... it makes you feel like crap for about 4 weeks then you will start to notice tiny changes...its not an overnight cure by no means...its wired how it can make you feel like crap within 48 hours of takin the dam stuff, but then it takes about a months to feel better ....lol

im really glad i took this medication im actually starting to feel like my old self these days...

i would say if your still not feeling good in 8 weeks go and speak to your doc's..

The proof is in the threads if you notice most people stop posting about how bad prozac is making them feel after the first 4 weeks...thats because it starts working.....

good luck

hiya
    well its day 9 and I am feeling okay, apart from a bit of nausea I do feel quite calm,most of the time ,sleeping ok thanks to the zimovane which I will try to come off next week.

I'm on day 5 or 6 of upping my dose to 40mg and I've had such a good day, can't remember when I last felt as well

thats good jane, I am day twelve and feeling okay just having trouble sleeping but had that problem before taking the prozac anyway

Thread Information