Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aching arms and legs

Aching arms and legs

Hi everyone, first time posting although I have just introduced myself on the other board.

For just over a week now I have had aching arms and legs, even to the point now where they actually hurt.

Been to doctors at the beginning of the week and had blood tests done; Full Blood Count, Anemia, Thyroid and Hormones all came back clear. My wonderful doctor said it may be a virus. Panadol and Ibuprofen don;t seem to make any difference. Can anyone relate to these symptoms as I can;t get it out of my head that it could be MS.

I don't exercise and have been finished work since April, so not much activity in general, just off due to HA.

I would appreciate any comments or help.

Many thanks
    Angie

Hi Angie, My arms don't ache but my legs are SO bad, they ache everyday, its been weeks and I have no clue why. Sometimes its my thighs , sometimes the calfs, but always seems to be there. I have a doc who is treating me for anxiety, but she hasn't done any blood work on me. I told her last visit my legs were aching bad and she blew it off?
    Like you, I too am worried about it being something aweful. Maybe circulation problems?
    I hope you feel better soon and get some relief, if you find out any more please post and let me know. I'am at the point where I'm just too afraid now to even know what is going on with me.

Mystie

hi angie,
    i don't get much aching in my actual arms. mine is more my shoulder area radiating round to my bust. at one point i was totally convinced i had breast cancer.
    i also get alot of aching in my legs. it seems to spread around. at one point it could b in my calves(poss dvt) another in my ankles(atherities).
    sometimes i get tingling in them as well (ms)

my gp did me s full range of blood tests (crp,bone density, thyroid full blood count etc) they all came back normal.

he says its all down to my anxiety and has suggested i try something like tai chi to try and help.

wishing u all the best

pp

Jem27 Guest
    I have just had bloods done and i suffer with achy arms & legs, all my bloods were normal too so I think its anxiety.

I have very achey legs - they are just a dull ache like a sort of crampy feeling that is in my thighs and calves. Sometimes it is a lot worse than others. My left side is particularly bad - my shoulder blade, arm and leg. I have just started going to a chiropractor because of my back problems and she has said that my left side is extremely tense.

My doctor says it is another symptom of stress although, to be honest, think she is getting a bit fed up with me. She hasn't referred me to anyone this time regarding this and my palpitations. I have had it for years though and my bloods and blood pressure is fine.

As far as aching is concerned, I have found that walking, having a warm bath and drinking lots of water does help.

Jo Fitzgerald

Hi Angie

I suffer quite a lot with achng arms, which is one of my main symptoms at the moment, it's all down to anxiety chuck.
    Due to the anxiety, the muscles in your neck and shoulders tense up which then affects the muscles in your arms, so relaxation is the key to alleviating the symptoms.

Take care

Elaine x

I get this too but not quite as badly as I used to years ago.

Often it could be organic in cause like if we are fighting off all the different bugs that are around etc.

Or it could be simple tension in all the muscle groups - yoga helps tremendously with this.

Or simple tiredness as being anxious really takes it out of you.

I would recommend just a tad more exercise actually if your doctor has given you the all clear. Obviously the old one of walking is great but one that has been really good for me is jogging on my mini rebounder. It's gentle and very low impact but it gets me moving.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks for allyour responses. I do also suffer with cervical spondylosis and have trouble with dizziness and aching shoulders and neck, so maybe it has something to do with it too.

Today they are not that bad although feel as though the blood running through them is cold. My feet sometimes go a bit blue too.

I will try and do a bit more exercise, I find that if I start to walk i get so far and then can't wait to get home again. Sometimes I percivere and carry on, but more often than not i go back home. Warm baths do help also.

I am so pleased i have found this website, it does help.

Thanks again

Love Angiex

Re: Aching arms and legs

im only 18 and i too get this :(

Re: Aching arms and legs

Hi
    yes i too have been having aching arms and legs for the last 2 months and it too is a pain which roams.
    Sometimes the pain starts with with feet being freezing cold which than turns to pain.
    I had health anxiety for a year and a half.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information