Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Emetophobia and Norovirus

Re: Emetophobia and Norovirus

The best thing to do is to get some proper sanitization chemicals. Alcohol based gels and cleaner do nothing for viruses or spores.

Norovirus is not airborne unless you are next to someone when they are actually sick and it is splashing around.

If your daughter or anyones children get ill. Use a face mask and also keep everything clean, even door handles.

Please someone help me!!! I have 5 children four of which have norovirus my youngest has just thrown up on my I literally cannot cope and I don't know how I'm going to get through this!! I feel so bad because I'm unable to be near the children and all they want is a bit of love from me but I can't, I just can't!!! I really don't know how I'm going to cope if I get it too. I'm sat here currently writing this whilst wearing a face mask. I actually want to run away!! I've had a dodgy tummy since last Friday and have waves of nausea but I will do my very best to not actually do that thing. Please someone give me some advice I feel like such a terrible mum but I really can't cope

Hi
    Are you sure it is norovirus ? I ask because a lot of school age kids get rota virus which is similar and doesn't affect adults. So this is one possibility.
    I completely understand your fear as Noro is a huge fear of mine too.
    So you are wearing a face mask around your kids, that's good if they are vomiting on or near you. You can only contract the bug by ingesting particles of the virus from Vomit or diarrhoea so the mask is a great idea.
    Wash your hands every time you tend to one of your kids. Get them to wash their hands after every loo visit. Very important.
    You may have a milder version of the bug which is why you feel off. This is a good thing! It means you don't have the full blown effects of it yet will be immune from it for the next 3 months or so.
    Is there anybody who can come and help you ? Family member? Friend? With 5 kids it must be exhausting if they are all sick.
    Change all your kids toothbrushes after the last sickness episode and wash bed covers too.

I'm sure you'll get through this. X

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information