Thread: Swollen Lump in Crease of Arm

Swollen Lump in Crease of Arm

I'm literally sitting in the waiting room of an after hours clinic because I can't deal with my anxiety waiting on getting an appointment with my GP.

I have a swollen lump in the crease of my arm...around the elbow....and I go to the worst place possible. If its a lymph node, I'm going to have a hard time staying calm. My grandmother passed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma...now I fear every lump or bump.

Anyone have swollen lymph nodes there & been OK?

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Still worried.... Can anyone help?

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

I'm still waiting in the waiting room.... I am trying not not worry...

Re: Swollen Lump in Crease of Arm

Hi darling!
    Please don't try to stress yourself out okay!

The amount of horror stories I read online about lumps and bumps in the neck and all of them said cancer, my doctor saw me and said they are absolutely fine!

I feel loads in my neck, I think under my armpit and some in my groin!

The ones in your near your elbow are not known as Lymphoma nodes, I would bet you're just feeling something that's always been there!

Be calm and get the reassurance

Thank you for that! I'm finally in a room to see the doctor....now the nurse is kinda making fun at me & my worrying.... Not helpful on her part.

I didn't know that certain lymph nodes weren't red flag ones...

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

The doctor thinks that I pulled or tore some tissue there.... She doesn't think that it is a lymph node...thank goodness!

Yes see

Our brains are nasty horrible things!
    Glad you got reassurance

Glad you had good news. Even if it was a lymph node, they swell up all the time - I am a huge lymph node worrier (look through my posts!) and I am now learning to relax about them! I have had a large one in my groin, two under my jaw, one in my armpit, and a few in my neck, and they have all gone down by themselves. Lymphoma lymph nodes are huge, and ones from other cancers are rock hard.
    My boyfriend has a lot of lymph nodes swelling up just now because he has the cold. I actually told him a few days before he was ill that he was coming down with something as his nodes were up!

You're right, lymph nodes do pop up every now and again. However, my logic is a mere whisper when my loud anxiety booms in. I can't seem to calm myself down when that happens. Plus, what a weird spot for a lymph node to pop up, my forearm...I didn't even know that they were there until I googled it , but the lump, itself, began the downward spiral.

I still find myself checking it out & having to reassure myself when I do. So, the anxiety wave isn't over, yet, but I'm getting there....

I have a swollen spot on my arm as well, but a bit lower than my elbow. It's on the inside of my arm and it aches. Is this normal with anxiety? It's been aching for a few days now.

Any responses would be really appreciated. x

Thread Information