Thread: Black Specks in stool

Black Specks in stool

In my stools I have tiny black specks (when looking at the paper) they are very small but not sure what they are.

I did a quick google and got the usual Ca... just to annoy me and set me off again so I stopped.

Whilst looking a few of the sites mentioned about dried blood but I don't think it is, I did do something digusting with another bit of tissue paper and I was able to "crush" it and basically looked like a small speck of charcoal or something similar.

I do have some other stomach aches but nothing serious, is it just nothing to worry about or should I mention it to the GP if it gets worse?

Re: Black Specks in stool

Pepper? Seeds? Spices? It could be something you've eaten passing through you.

Ive had that too before aswell. I think cancer is black sticky tarr like stool.

Hmm, I asked my girlfriend about gets and it was the same, so maybe it could be the remains of charcoal tablets we have sometimes.

Thanks

Hi mate iv had exactly.the same thing and told my gp and he wasn't worried. I think its things like mint sauce flakes or when iv eaten a garlic chicken but my anxiety is running riot..

foods with iron in or iron supplements can cause a darker stool colour.

I notice this when I use to take ferrogradumet and iron melts and also foods rich in iron such as silver beet and spinach and because I eat alot of vitamin c tablets too as that absorbs the iron faster.

Ive had this and was worried as my mum had bowel cancer and died through a post operative muck up......doctor sent my stool sample away and it came back fine......he said also anxiety can cause us to pass food quicker so we are not absorbing our food like other people but it was not blood and nothing to worry about xx

Black specs ...loads of times so i don,t worry had it for years .

If its new to you go see the gp but i doubt its anything ................

Hi Dann,
    I have had the same little things in my stool for the past week.
    I have never experienced this before and am aware that it's nothing I ate because I am on a verty strict diet for my health.

Do they look like black sesame seeds?

I am wondering if they are some kind f parasite?

Thank you, I took some Systemic Formulas VRM2 for parasites and they are gone. Maybe coincidence? My holistic Drs all say it's good to take anti-parasitical every now and then anyway especially if you have animals or children. They have anti-parasitics for children. My dogs sleep in the bed with us, so you never know. Gross to think of these things but its the way nature works. Glad we can chat about this stuff here.

Thread Information