Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endoscopy Whimp Question

Re: Endoscopy Whimp Question

Quote Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
    I,m sure it will be fine mate , i reckon i will have to go this time , the doc wanted to send me just before xmas but wasn,t my usuaul dr and n, if the nice lady doc thinks i should when i see her next week so be it .

You first though !
    Well come 8:30am on the 31st I will be in the local hospital. Hopefully staying calm and the next day I will report back and let you know if i can do it anyone can.

Btw I asked my doctor about it today and she said should be fine, she told me she seen a lady yesterday who had one done and she was in her 80s so i have to prove something to myself

Wow that was a quick appointment . I thought it was a 4-6 week wait like i had when i had a scan on my lymph nodes .
    My drs visit is on the 24 th of this month so i will see what she says , but i think i,m going to ask for it anyway and bite the bullet , its only a farting little camera for 2 minutes after all (says me )

Quote Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
    Wow that was a quick appointment . I thought it was a 4-6 week wait like i had when i had a scan on my lymph nodes .
    My drs visit is on the 24 th of this month so i will see what she says , but i think i,m going to ask for it anyway and bite the bullet , its only a farting little camera for 2 minutes after all (says me )
    Yeah appointment seem to come quick i think its because they say a endoscopy is minor procedure (LOL seems hard to me) and some doctors surgerys can do it as well (from what i have been told).

All done and dusted.

A bit of a sore nose as they did it transnasal. Also lucky did it with out sedation just the spray.

Was a little embarrassed as my eye weeped a bit like i was crying and burped a couple of times but apart from that not to bad.

Only thing is my nose is bleeding abit so spitting up blood alot (but told that would be normal).

I too was very nervous about having an endoscopy but reading some of the positive posts on here really helped me. I just had to add my experience, after having the procedure 5 days ago. I made sure the doctor and nurses knew just how scared I was (not that I could have hidden it!), and I asked to have the throat spray and as much sedative as possible! I can honestly say I was unaware of the procedure from the moment the sedative was injected into the back of my hand, until I was woken to have my blood pressure taken when it was all over. I was relieved to find out my stomach aches are being caused by excess acid. I had been thinking and worrying about the procedure every day and night since before Christmas and kept putting it off. I'm so pleased I've had it done now and if I had to have another, I would be much calmer but would still ask for throat spray and lots of sedation! I hope this helps someone, as I was helped by reading other's experiences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information