Thread: I dont know what this is..

I dont know what this is..

Hi i just registerd here. My names Jack and im 24.

I've had anxiety for a couple of years now.. i started off with my heart going really fast out of no where and was given propranalol 80mg which i take every day for about 3 years now.

A few months into taking my medications i was up all night..( i used to be a hardcore gamer) and i didnt sleep for 2 days straight and had some sort of panic
    in my mind after being so stressed playing games for so long.. and thats where my obsessive thoughts started .. i havnt had a day with out them since..

They've gone from regretful thoughts from the past to harming my family to breathing and heart stopping.. all kinds. But now Im thinking about my thoughts
    and im completely obsessive about my awareness of my self.

I went to Germany a few weeks ago to see my girl friend for 9 days and everything thing was actually amazing I felt great and happy and comfortable.. Then i came back to England and i got my self in to a bad state of mind .. i dont know what the heck im thinking its just so confusing..it seems my obessive thoughts are just getting worse and worse and i feel like im just obsessively making things up in my head (quick thoughts) that scare me .. i just feel like i cant be happy ever..unless im being completely distracted by something and ive tried, working, relaxing, rationalising with my self.. none of this works because im always counteracted by something negative that i dont understand..i feel trapped in my own head.

Is there this OCD? Or am i just insane? Thanks.

Re: I dont know what this is..

I had intrusive thought a lot last summer and I was a bloody mess. I had a lot different thoughts like you say sometimes they are quick thought and they can be really weird they vary but what I figured out over that time the more you focus on them think about the
    The worse they get, the. Ore confused you get about them and the weirder it starts to feel. From what people have told me if you attach fear to any thought or make it seem important they are there more and they get worse and more confusing. If you just don't think and let them be and keep distracted they won't be so bad. Try talking to someone. A doctor or someone you see if you are seeing anyone talk to someone clOse you yOu family friends? I'm just telling you what I've figured out I'm definitely no expert but I'd thought I'd try and help anyway also when I got them at first I overanalysed them and they got mega confusing I felt a mess. It's taken a while but now they are hardly there and they are easier to cope with you should talk to someone though it might help sorry I couldn't be more help

Hi,

Firstly, you're not insane and what you're experiencing is very common with OCD/anxiety/depression.

Are you able to tell us some of these thoughts so we're able to help you with them?

Thanks,
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by stripeypurplekat View Post
    I had intrusive thought a lot last summer and I was a bloody mess. I had a lot different thoughts like you say sometimes they are quick thought and they can be really weird they vary but what I figured out over that time the more you focus on them think about the
    The worse they get, the. Ore confused you get about them and the weirder it starts to feel. From what people have told me if you attach fear to any thought or make it seem important they are there more and they get worse and more confusing. If you just don't think and let them be and keep distracted they won't be so bad. Try talking to someone. A doctor or someone you see if you are seeing anyone talk to someone clOse you yOu family friends? I'm just telling you what I've figured out I'm definitely no expert but I'd thought I'd try and help anyway also when I got them at first I overanalysed them and they got mega confusing I felt a mess. It's taken a while but now they are hardly there and they are easier to cope with you should talk to someone though it might help sorry I couldn't be more help
    Yeah you seem to know whats going on.. im just sorta thinking anything in my head to freak my self out.. dosnt have to be a solid thought about something thats real.. its just weird strange feeling in my mind is the the only way i can describe it.. thanks tho..i think its all just because i've planned something big for the 30th and its all going crazy in my head.. ( i hate planning) Thanks

Thread Information