Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you get rid of the cat wee / pee smell?

How do you get rid of the cat wee / pee smell?

Hi Everyone.

Basically, we have a problem at a house we are trying to sell, the conservatory area, stinks of cat wee. We have disinfected it, put air freshners in the room etc etc. We just can't seem to get rid of the cat pee/wee smell. Can anyone suggest anything to get rid of the horrible smell ??. It doesnt really help that the house is like over 120 miles away from us.

Many Thanks

xx

Re: How do you get rid of the cat wee / pee smell?

We had a drastic solution to ours cos the local strays used it as a bedroom and a loo lol

We knocked the conservatory down - it stunk of cat wee

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My daughter has two female cats, both neutered a long time ago but it doesn't stop the local toms from spraying up their front door sometimes and the smell is awful. She uses disinfectant and scrubs it, but it takes ages for the smell to go, so i'll be reading this thread with interest to see if anyone can recomend anything that really works!

Anna

Is there somewhere in the conservatory that can be painted, paint fumes are stronger.

di xx

Thanks for your replies, erm not sure really don't think so, cos its all like upv double glazed from floor to ceiling of the room, glass patio door, into the room. erm the flooring is tiles, so emmm not sure. There again the back wall inside the conservatory is brick but it is a long wall, and perhaps takes a long time to do. That would be our last option I guess. hmmmm.

Its really hard when you live so far away, cos you otherwise we would open the windows and things before someone came round to visit and spray things and try and disguise the smell. That is why I raised the question I guess if anyone knew a solution in their opinion of what to do.

Thanks again for replying.

. xx

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

google - cat wee smell removal - loads of advice on there

Thanks hun, will have to have a look a bit later, xx

I would normally advise biological washing powder as this will normally get rid of the smell where as most other things just mask the smell for a time & then it hits you again, not sure how well it will work on tiles & plastic as I normally advise on materials, carpets, etc but it's always worth a try.
    Put some citrus things around the outside as well, cats don't normally like anything citrus so that will hopefully deter them from coming to the area & spraying.
    Good luck.

to get rid of any unwanted smell in a room is believe it or not SURGICAL SPIRIT . costs about 90p at the chemisit .It removes any scented areas that could of been left over the years like were a dog has peed and u have cleaned it but the scent will always remain . They used to use it to clean kennels as it also stops animals re scenting there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information