Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get the 'dread' feeling??

Anyone get the 'dread' feeling??

Hi i was wondering if anyone can relate to that dread kind of feeling, like when you realise you have left the door unlocked or you about to do something like bunjee jump? I get this sometimes for no reason and its kind of like a gut feeling, my stomach turns and knots ect and i just feel worried and sometimes turn into panic, im getting help though so i just wanted to know if anyone gets it too.

Re: Anyone get the 'dread' feeling??

H Natalie, I have had it too. Although in addition to the sudden pit in my stomach I have a regular Sunday dread that creeps in like fog (definitely work-related). I also have sudden moments of panic that wake me up in my sleep (when I can't keep my sub-consciousness in line). I find that breathing out and pushing down helps, but I don't know why.

Hi I think you have explained this feeling very well, it is almost like a brick at the bottom of your stomach, I get it randomly for all manner of things, sometimes a thought or a worry will drift into my mind and the horrible feeling will hit me. It can happen for really trivial reasons like forgetting things or even just happen for nothing. I agree with CMartin1 deep breathing can help and I find distraction techniques useful.

absolutely, I live with this feeling most of the time, I wish someone could tell me how to get rid of it
    Kadyjane

I have this all the time too, it was much worse every evening and mostly Sunday when I was at school, such a horrible feeling.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Yes I get that feeling and it stops me in my tracks

Yep I get this all the time, I say it's like looking over the edge of a steep cliff, your heart and stomach drop and you feel all wobbly, adrenaline rushes but not in a good way :(

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

I've had this a lot lately, I get more generalised anxiety but I occasionally seem to focus on one thing and then almost let it panic me. I will worry about meeting my commitments and the "what ifs" whereas realistically these are all manageable and I can call on friends/family to help out if need be. I think its just part of general anxiety. I have found that propranolol has helped with this a lot, I still have the motions run through my mind but the addrenaline is blocked and so it doesn't manifest into anything serious, I can rationally think about it and then come up with a solution.

Yes I get that too, Horrid feeling of impending doom. Not nice at all and it just seems to sneak up when I am least expecting it

I get this feeling for no reason.it can last all day solid sometimes.i hate it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information