Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have a serious fear of blood tests? NOT the needle

Re: Does anyone else have a serious fear of blood tests? NOT the needle

Pulisa - you are right, if it was serious the Dr would want me to see him ASAP

Kay I get it, I really do. I'd be exactly the same, worrying about that tiny elevation. It sounds like they were otherwise ok though? I'd say, if the doctors seem worried then worry! But I know it's nowhere near as simple as that when you're right in the middle of it.

I still maintain you are very brave, I can't get myself to have these damn tests

Quote Originally Posted by crystal17 View Post
    Kay I get it, I really do. I'd be exactly the same, worrying about that tiny elevation. It sounds like they were otherwise ok though? I'd say, if the doctors seem worried then worry! But I know it's nowhere near as simple as that when you're right in the middle of it.

I still maintain you are very brave, I can't get myself to have these damn tests
    Thanks Crystal, I am seeing the GP tomorrow and going to try and get an explanation out of him......PLUS I have a worrisome lump on my left breast that I want him to look at also......ALL THIS WORRY!

Aghh it's one thing after another isn't it! So sorry, I know what a stress it all is. Good luck for tomorrow and do update as it helps sometimes to just type it all out and get rid of some of the thoughts!

I know blimey I am worried of what the GP says to me tomorrow for both the bloods and this lump, I am so sick of worrying and my heart beating at 1000 bpm.....its awful to constantly feel this way it really is!

Crystal, the GP said my bloods are fine and has changed me to start this new drug..... I did not mention the lump as the appointment was going over to 25 minutes and he said 'I need to wrap this up as my other appointments will be late' so never hassled.....should have done in hindsight :(.....I am going private decided this morning...... I have another appointment on Monday for this lump to be looked at (if I do not go private) - what do you think?

Hi Kay, posted on your other thread you mentioned you had the lump looked at today is that right? I personally would just leave it if the GP today didn't seem concerned, tbh I would go private if I could afford it but it's not an option unfortunately. I love the NHS, I just feel similar to what happened to you, they have a lot of time constraints, they don';t have great mental health provisions and there is so much strain on them through this ****ty governments lack of funding (another thread lol)

BUT this is great news about your blood tests, what a relief!

Hi Crystal

Yes I got a cancellation yesterday and slotted myself in (online access to my GP surgery, not the best thing for me) I just could not take the worry anymore. I might just leave it now and see how it goes all this worry is causing a massive headache & it is affecting my mood at home (me and hubby are arguing and just recently got married lol, not fair on him also).

Yes, blood work the GP said is fine, nothing to worry about so there you go, till the next time lol - actually I will be having full bloods every 3 months with this new drug so I should now get used it.

I actually looked at going private yesterday and it was £230 for a full consultation including an ultrasound & biopsy if needed however the next appointment was only on the 18th so I gathered wait and see what the GP says and take it from there....I might go private but then again, the worry of the waiting......I am sure if the GP thought 'hang on something doesn't feel right here, she would have asked another GP for a 2nd opinion OR referred me, they cant hang around with these sorts of things.

How are you feeling otherwise?
    Thanks for talking to me (it really helps) x

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Hi Crystal

Yes I got a cancellation yesterday and slotted myself in (online access to my GP surgery, not the best thing for me) I just could not take the worry anymore. I might just leave it now and see how it goes all this worry is causing a massive headache & it is affecting my mood at home (me and hubby are arguing and just recently got married lol, not fair on him also).

Yes, blood work the GP said is fine, nothing to worry about so there you go, till the next time lol - actually I will be having full bloods every 3 months with this new drug so I should now get used it.

I actually looked at going private yesterday and it was £230 for a full consultation including an ultrasound & biopsy if needed however the next appointment was only on the 18th so I gathered wait and see what the GP says and take it from there....I might go private but then again, the worry of the waiting......I am sure if the GP thought 'hang on something doesn't feel right here, she would have asked another GP for a 2nd opinion OR referred me, they cant hang around with these sorts of things.

How are you feeling otherwise?
    Thanks for talking to me (it really helps) x
    No worries at all, I know how much it helps just to say (or type!) the fears to someone and for them to get it and not think you're being ridiculous.

I know it does interfere with home life doesn't it? You can never quite relax, there's always this nagging feeling at the back of your mind that something terrible is going to happen. It's exhausting I know my partner doesn't understand it at all, he never worries about his health, ever, he just can't comprehend some of the stuff I come out with. So sorry that you're arguing, it doesn't help.

Why not give it til the weekend and see how you feel then? You might find that you feel reassured enough by yesterday's appointment and not feel the need for that 2nd opinion. Then look into booking the private one. What I find though, is that when health anxiety takes hold, there is always SOMETHING to worry about, you get a good result from one appointment or test result but it seems too good to be true so you will find somewhere else to put the worry.

It's like constantly carrying a heavy weight around and needing to put it somewhere on ourselves to focus on! I sometimes wonder what it'd be like to be married to or have a doctor very close to me, I'd probably drive them insane!! I sometimes think it'd be great reassurance to have on tap, but also would it feed the worry too?

I'm not doing too good, anxiety has been at an all time high for the past 3 days, I can't eat properly or sleep, I can't relax at all, am jumping at everything and feel I can't plan anything because I don't feel I should dare. It's horrible. It's mostly triggered by this irregular bleeding and an upcoming smear test on Friday, I am SO scared. Just angry at myself too for not going for more regular tests, I make it worse by avoiding it, just don't know what I'm thinking

Anyway, hugs for the day ahead lets hope we can get through it xx

Hi Crystal

It is a never ending story this side lol, if its not one thing its another, yesterday I actually sat down and thought to myself 'right, if you did not have anything to worry about with your health what would you think about', the sad thing is I could not answer my own question as for the last 13 months all I have been worried about is one health scare or another and do not really know how to think differently.

I am with you on the planning thing, I am so scared to plan a holiday or a weekend away just in case I would need tests or something needs investigating, its bloody crazy as I know its crazy but I cannot snap out of it, in my head its like a bad omen if I begin to plan stuff, like something will come and get me (if that makes sense)

I have not read your post (I shall do), but what is the problem with the intermittent bleeding or what do you think the problem is? A girl at work has the same issue - she is 26 and recently just starting bleeding on & off, the GP also said she needs a smear test to check things, I do not know how old you are but what are you scared of the 'C word'?

Its so funny though as when she told me I said go to the GP, I seem to be so calm with other people's health issue but my own OMG I am freaking out.... my friend is just like 'yes I will make an appointment, its probably nothing' WISH I could be so calm.

I also realized that I have only been with my new GP surgery for about 9 weeks & I have already had 4 appointments with 4 different doctors, surely they must be thinking 'what a total nut case!'

I generally do not worry about money or husbands or cars etc, its just my health, any little thing I need super investigating and I never trust what the doctor says.....

Talk to me if you want or PM me

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information