Thread: Seeing light spots!

Seeing light spots!

Just curious

Has anyone ever noticed with there anxiety seeing light spots. Every now and then I see blue light spots in my field of vision that last for no longer than 2 to 3 seconds then vanish.

Normally there are between 2 to 4 of them about the size of the smiley face logos used on the forum posts, if not smaller. It might even be the effect from looking at a light source then looking away and seeing the lights still, that everyone gets.

Thats about it really, they are sporadic, might only see them once a week or even less. Im just curious as to whether its to do with anxiety/stress/tension.

Thanx all.

Hi Grover

You have already answerd your own question

**It might even be the effect from looking at a light source then looking away and seeing the lights still, that everyone gets.**

Its fine, we all NEED reasurence.

When the flight, fight response is present our pupils widen to let in more light, to see danger, we notice things more. This is normal for anxiety suffer, your not alon on this Grover.

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
    where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
    learn as mush about it as you can.
    Knowledge conqers fear...

Hello Grover,
    I get these sometimes, too. I think for me it might be related to the fact that I am very short sighted and it only happens when I look to my extreme left or right (ie checking my newly shaved armpit in the shower!). I don't think it is anything to worry about.

I get that. It's not usually related to light sources, but I just accept them now.

Yep,,I started noticing them a lot lately.. They are there then they are gone.. so guess its a anxiety thing.. we all couldn't be having the same symptoms and have anxiety unless its anxiety related..

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Hi Grover

I had this very same thing you mentioned a few months ago.
    It got me very nervous and went to two opthamologists and a neuro opthamologist
    The one instance occured on a bright sunny day. I got out of the car and went into the bank
    As soon as I entered the bank I began to see spots as one would after a photo with a flash is taken.
    Yes, I would occasionaly see an electric blue dot as well but extremely small in size
    One of the doc's said that because I am blue eyed I am more sensitive to light thus the spots occur
    Also may be due to being near sighted a lot ( poor distance vision)
    As to the blue spot, she didnt say much at all other then " blue is ok." LOL
    I had also had wavy or shaky vision on the perimeter of my eyes awhile back. Bright lights hurt me at thos times
    I was told that was an occular migraine in other words a migraine or headache in the eyes
    Also had flashing lights
    One night ( this is funny) I had JUST left the opthamologist's office and went to church. he said if I got a flashing light to call him. Well, wouldn't you know it- I was not in church more then 10-15 mins when I saw a flashing light! I freaked- a few mins later another. I then heard what seemed to be thunder- yep, you got it, it WAS thunder!!!ROFL
    On my way out I saw the light again and asked a young boy if that was lightening- yes, he assured me. LOL
    You are fine, believe me
    It is just that us anxious folks start with " what if" thinking and then our minds are off and running in catastrophe mode
    I have asked non anxious people if they ever experienced this sympton or that one and they basically reply that IF they did they would ignore it
    Igrnorance is bliss, I suppose
    Do not worry
    Have a Merry Christmas

Hugs,

Soup

" I have developed a new philosophy.....I only dread one day at a time." Charlie Brown

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">When the flight, fight response is present our pupils widen to let in more light, to see danger, we notice things more. This is normal for anxiety suffer, your not alon on this Grover.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by jill - 20 December 2006 : 14:40:20</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I'd say this was spot on. All of your senses are heightened during fight or flight, legs feel tense/wobbly in anticipation of running, hearing is improved, eyesight is sharper, hands are sweaty in anticipation of grabbing something. It is all down to your bodies natural way of protecting you from danger.

Re: Seeing light spots!

Hello... WOW im soooo glad i found you guys... been looking and google scaring myself for months regarding these blue lights in my eyes.. only now and then for seconds... some scary info on line.. just so happy its not just me!! thank you!!! xxxx

I hope this helps some of you. It made me feel better about seeing blue dots/lights. => http://souledout.org/healing/bluedot/bluedot.html

Hi there! I started seeing small blue lights when I read after doing intense meditation while in India in the 70's with a guru. That is over 30 yrs ago and i have seen them this whole time. Sometimes they are about 5 inches sometimes 1 foot sometimes pinhole size. They have never caused anxiety or fear and to be honest I do not know what they are. Possibly in meditation I activated a part of the brain previously dead? I don't know but I am mentally balanced and happy. Don't worry about them.

Thread Information