Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lump on inside cheek with red/black spot. (pic includ)

Lump on inside cheek with red/black spot. (pic includ)

Hey,

I have a piece of tissue on the inside of my cheek thats like a flap of excess skin, kinda the same when you bite your gum but its inline with my upper teeth. I've tried to bite it but my teeth dont get anywhere near it.

On the the top side of the "flap" is a small red circle "sore" and underneath is like grey/black tissue.

I have one of the other side of my mouth too.

I've resently had Oral Surgery to remove an impacted and infected wisdom tooth.

on the gum where that tooth was removed it has a red rash on the gum and its spread over.. the hole where the tooth was is still healing.

Also I've been having on and off black small dots on the insides of my cheek..

This seem to be where ive caught the skin as I was looking at on and a small drip of blood came out and it went. Then another one became present this morning.

The "flap" on the gum has been present for a few weeks now (ive felt it there) but I've only just looked at it today in regards to the colours.. so I dont know if they have got bigger or not.

Im so scared ive got oral cancer.

Im 23 never smoked/drinked.

but due to my repeat infections in my mouth I've had very bad oral health but my teeth are now need no more work but due to the pericontis that i developed on the wisdom tooth I have Ginivitis.

Dan
    Last edited by dlou84; 29-03-08 at 17:33.

Re: Lump on inside cheek with red/black spot. (pic includ)

Hi Dan

Looks like normal little mouth ulsers to me. I've had them myself and go away in their own time. Don't keep poking and prodding them or they will stay longer. Try rinsing with luke warm salt water, it may sting them a bit but it should help!

Take care

Lisa
    xx

Ive heard the "bump" on each side of the cheeks are parotid salivary gland

anyone confirm this?

Also it looks alot worst in real. The red sore on the "flap" and then underneath it is dark tissue..

I'm going to go see my dentist on monday if I can get an emergency appointment.

Hi Dan

I agree with Lisa, they do look like small ulcers, a couple of month ago i had a bacterial infection in my mouth, i visited the out of hours doctor who told me to use Corsodyl mouth wash which you can get from the chemist or good supermarket it was brilliant infection went in a couple of days.

Hope that helps

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Ive got that stuff.. (btw its Dan lol!) but I've resently had my wisdom out and they said dont use anything until its healed over?

"Dan"

Dan

Probably a good idea to see the dentist then if you can get a emergency appointment, will put you mind at ease and will give you the best action to take with an infection, especially if you have had a wisdom tooth out.

I remember thinking the worse when i had a infection in my mouth(and i am a smoker and drinker) and of course i googled which didnt help!!!! Wont do that again...lol

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Hello,
    Does look like normal ulcers to me - could be caused by rubbing of your teeth - I had very similar things when I had a brace in. I think your dentist would have said if they saw anything remotely oral cancer like when they were taking the teeth out.

I went to mine once about some weird lumps, but he was very reassuring and just told me they were normal. I'd agree with the rinsing out with warm salty water - it's what they always tell you to do, and would be good for keeping the wounds clean. I'd go and ask if you are still worried, though.

dlou84 - I have the same exact things that you have described. I am very worried...If you have figured out what it is please let me at
    my email:

nb_ridaz13@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by rem1 View Post
    dlou84 - Are you ok now?
    I have the same exact things that you have described. I am very worried too...If you have figured out what it is please let me at
    my email:

suman.ctgbd@yahoo.com
    As early as possible pls

Any one can advice me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information