Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: propranolol and sertraline

propranolol and sertraline

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering if any of you have taken propranolol and sertraline together. I'm asking this becuase ive been on sertraline for about 2 months now but i still have lots of propranolol tablets from when i use to have anxiety attacks. Is it ok to take both together..Sometimes i feel like i need the pro every now and again?

Thanks all for the help

Re: propranolol and sertraline

Hi there

I am on sertraline at moment and have had bela blockers also but never at the same time so im not sure
    beta blockers are also for high bp so maybe people have taken them together

Burnsey x

Thanks for the reply m8. I take it that no one has tried them together then? maybe i'l make do without

hi, i've been on Sertraline for over 2yrs now. i've had a few bad episodes of depression during that time which the doctors put me onto a dose of 150mg. recently i have had such a bad episode, that i decided to come off the Sertraline. i know how to do it properly, i'm now down to 100mg but the doctors are concerened that my depression is getting worse. on top of that my anxiety has come back with avengance, so i went in today to ask for propranolol. im on 40 mg x 1 a day. today it helped, but as i'm coming into the later part of the 24hrs i'm feeling sick and very anxious. just so you know i've been on propranolol before , i think it was with citalipram. its was a pain to come off last time, but i cant keep taking diazepam, so fingers crossed the propranolol kicks in soon. i may have just rambled but hope that helps

ive been on propranolol for a week now doc gave me 40mg to take four times a day ive only taken two a day for a week cause i cant take four on the fith day he told me to take sertraline 50mg one a day its my second day on them and with the propranolol i can tell you it is hell i would also like to know if any one else has taken the two together im perservering for a little longer but i have to say i feel one minute ok then i take the propranolol after an hour im spaced then i take the sertraline then during the course of the day i get dizzy went to sainsbury with my partner got half way round felt dizzy had to just leave her in the store went back to my car when i got home felt crap took my other prop at 5pm by six think im going mad god headache cant think straight and got bad anxiety do i stop or is it just side effects and will calm down im scared!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know there's no major interaction between SSRIs and propranolol, if you're physically healthy.

See my signature for the drugs I'm taking, they all work fine together although I don't take propranolol every day.

Taking Sertraline and Propranolol is perfectly safe

In fact, taking Propranolol with any of the SSRI's is safe as I have been on several and taking Propranolol

I'm on 100mgs Sertraline and I take 40mgs Propranolol twice a day and I'm perfectly fine

god kinows then i feel so out of it this morning had both meds got blurred vision aching back feel scared and cofused strange headache this is my seventh day on propranolol and the fourth day on sertaline cant seem to do anything hopeing it is side effects does any one know how long they can last i feel like giving up on the meds

Please don't give up hun

You're only in the very early days of treatment with Sertraline and it does take a good few weeks before it kicks in. The secret with particularly the SSRI's is to keep at it even though you're not feeling any better at first, just keep telling yourself that they will kick in eventually and then you will feel the benefit

You could always go and see your doctor and ask them if there is anything that they can give to help you just while you're waiting for the Sertraline to start working.

I know it's hard when you're so desperate to feel better, but just keep going hun because they will work eventually

thanks for that i will try to stay calm back is still hurting and still bit out of it im going to take my sertaline first tomrrow see how i get on wont take the propranolol unless i really get anxious bit fed up sitting round cant do anything to weak got no energy did ask doc for a couple of dizapan he said no got to grin and bear it he said which i am got to see him friday to see how i am i REALLY DO HOPE I CAN STY ON THEM UNTIL THEN!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information