Thread: do i have to take propranolol daily or only when needed

do i have to take propranolol daily or only when needed

hello
    i started taking 10mg propranolol 2 days ago and they have stopped me feeling dizzy but they make me so tired, and i feel all heavy and weak, is it ok just to take them only if im having a panic attack instead of daily cos i cant concentrate, i forgot to ask my doctor and i think shes getting sick of me keep making appointments, i only feel anxious when i go out.
    any advice please my lovelies

Re: do i have to take propranolol daily or only when needed

Hi : )

I think you need to take them regularly as they keep your heart rate a little lower which is good for the anxiety and i think by only taking them as and when it would be counter productive... I would DEFINATELY speak to your doctor before changing the times that you take them. I have taken propranolol in the past and after a couple of weeks side effects stopped and they REALLY helped me alot to the point where i got rid of anxiety pretty much for several years. Hope you feel better soon.

Mand x

Your doctor should have told you this when she prescribed them, and she has no right to get tired of you making appointments, its her damned job and she should treat it with the same sincerity she would treat someone with a physical ailment. I suggest you politely point this out to her if she starts to make her annoyance obvious.

When I was precribed propranalol I was told I could take it as and when i liked and that was an 80mg dose, although i discontinued its use as i didn't find it helpful.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Hi I have been taking propranolol on and off for two years now i started on 40mg a day and at first i was so tired all the time but after a couple of weeks my body got used to them and i felt fine they worked really well for me and i am doing good so now i only take one as a when needed, so i really would keep to the instuctions set out for you and then see how you feel in a couple of weeks.

But Dans right your doctor should have told you this its not on that she is getting annoyed have a word with her if she is making you feel uncomfortable because its her job to help you not make you feel like a nusience!!!

I hope this has sort of helped.

Hannah x x

Wow, im really glad you wrote this thread as I had now idea it was possible to take them as and when. I might need to go back on them and i will be asking the doctor if i can do the same which id prefer.

Hi

I have been taking prpranolol for many years now, and i take them when ever i need them, sometimes several a day for a few weeks in a row, or sometimes just here and there whenever i need them.

hope this is helpful

best wishes

P x

Thread Information