Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll after tattoo

Exclamation I'll after tattoo

Is it normall to feel a little nwell after a tattoo I had it done today took almost 2 hours but now Im lead in bed feel horrible getting palps anxiety is of the scale thinking all sorts

Is feeling I'll oral after a tattoo my symptoms are below

Nausious
    Anxiety
    Very tired
    Sore
    Little weak
    But if a head ache coming

Re: I'll after tattoo

OMG you would never get me having one of those - it would freak me out big time

Not sure what this means "Is feeling I'll oral after "

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It's meant to say I'm feeling Ill and awfull

Well you will do after having one of those done - can I ask why you did it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have 13 tattoos, and getting a tattoo is a different experience for everyone.. and a different experience with different artists and where the tattoo was done. Normally people don't feel those afterwards, but if you have an anxiety disorder... well we know many things and thoughts can trigger anxiety. For one, 2 hours of work, is fairly long.. don't know how large the tattoo is but I am guessing a good size. Did you bleed a lot during and after? Sometimes people bleed more depending on what they consumed previously, including drugs, medications and alcohol that can thin the blood. Loss of blood causes dizziness, feeling nauseaus, being tired, headache. How was your experience during? Was this your first tattoo? I am just asking these questions to see if your symtoms are related to the actual tattoo experience, or anxiety. But... to me safe Id monitor your symptoms. Most tattoo studios are very clean and there are health standards and all needles, etc are supposed to be new.. they should show you while they remove things from the package they use to make the tattoo.
    So.. don't worry to much.. keep an eye on the symptoms to see if they get worse or more occur... if yes, maybe see a doctor. Even if this experience has triggered an anxiety attack, and you feel really bad and have no medical relief.. it may be worth seeing a doctor.
    Hope that you do feel better asap.. and that it was a positive experience... I myself have been craving more ink.. but after having my two children all of my extra money goes to spoil them instead
    Last edited by KaoticKutie; 01-07-12 at 03:09. Reason: corrected a typo

It sounds a lot more like anxiety from the build up to getting it done, and having it done. My last one was 8 hours in total, split over two 4 hour sessions, and I felt fine afterwards, but wasn't anxious going in to get it done anyway.

Having a tattoo wouldn't cause the symptoms you list, the blood loss is tiny and not dangerous in any way, so I'd put it all down to anx, just take it easy for a couple of days.

My next two sessions are going to be all day ones ( so 7 or 8 hours in the chair ! ) I imagine I wil feel a bit tired after those

When i had my tattoo,(small one I might add) they asked me past medical history and about medication.
    I was ok , never thought about after effects.
    Just to add. My hubby went for MRI scan on his hip last week. They asked a load of questions and one of them was had he got any tattoos, He has not.
    Come to think of it, my daughter has tattoos,she has had numerous MRI scans.
    Hope you soon be ok terror

Yes.,.. the symptoms all sound more anxiety related to me. I acutally have heard of people passing out while getting tattoos.. because of nerves, anxiety.. not the actual tattoo process. My adivce when getting a tattoo.. go in with positive thoughts.. research the studio, the artist, and make sure the tattoo you are getting you really really want it .. this will help to reassure the experience and outcome will be positive.

Hope you are feeling better today

I almost passed out once when getting a tattoo! Afterwards I've always been fine but everything is to be expected with anxiety. You will be fine, don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by KaoticKutie View Post
    I have 13 tattoos, and getting a tattoo is a different experience for everyone.. and a different experience with different artists and where the tattoo was done. Normally people don't feel those afterwards, but if you have an anxiety disorder... well we know many things and thoughts can trigger anxiety. For one, 2 hours of work, is fairly long.. don't know how large the tattoo is but I am guessing a good size. Did you bleed a lot during and after? Sometimes people bleed more depending on what they consumed previously, including drugs, medications and alcohol that can thin the blood. Loss of blood causes dizziness, feeling nauseaus, being tired, headache. How was your experience during? Was this your first tattoo? I am just asking these questions to see if your symtoms are related to the actual tattoo experience, or anxiety. But... to me safe Id monitor your symptoms. Most tattoo studios are very clean and there are health standards and all needles, etc are supposed to be new.. they should show you while they remove things from the package they use to make the tattoo.
    So.. don't worry to much.. keep an eye on the symptoms to see if they get worse or more occur... if yes, maybe see a doctor. Even if this experience has triggered an anxiety attack, and you feel really bad and have no medical relief.. it may be worth seeing a doctor.
    Hope that you do feel better asap.. and that it was a positive experience... I myself have been craving more ink.. but after having my two children all of my extra money goes to spoil them instead

ink is addictive i love tattoos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information