Thread: Boil/ulcer on/very near perineum

Boil/ulcer on/very near perineum

Sorry I can't be too specific about this one. I have a boil/ulcer very near to my perineum. At the moment I am keeping it clean but that is a bit of a struggle as it is very near my anus. I tried to clean the area with a moist wipe but that was far too painful. I have put some tea tree cream on it. A few years ago dh had a perineal ulcer which required surgery so I don't want to go down that road. I think that it has burst so some of the pus (sorry ) has come out. I have just gone through a bit of a melt down with my tablets but I am feeling better. I think it is my body's reaction to this? I have also felt pre-menstural which is impossible as I am probably menopausal. If I can bear looking tonight I will see if I need to go to the surgery. I can sit down so hopefully it is healing ok? EJ

Re: Boil/ulcer on/very near perineum

Try putting a hot compress on it and pressing it on. It is not the best area to try certain creams etc so the hot compress sounds like the best option.

Hi there EJ

As Annie said try the hot compresses. I've not long had a nasty abscess in that region myself.

I did hot compresses, using a flannel and having it as hot as I could bare without scalding myself, I did that 3 times a day.

I spoke to my doctor about mine and she advised me to wash that area with liquid anti bacterial soap, she said it helps keep the bacteria in that area down.

This is also extremely important if yours has burst as the pus will be infectious and you don't want it causing another one.

Mine burst on it's own in the end but it was draining for a good 5 days, but the relief was amazing!!!

Maybe you're a bit run down especially if you haven't been feeling so good, as your immune system may not be quite as good as it should be, that's what I think triggered mine.

If you're not eating so well, try eating fruit and vegetables and yoghurt, all with help your immune system.

If your abscess becomes troublesome just pop to your doctors and get some antibiotics.

Let us know how you get on please hun and I hope you feel better soon

Thanks Annie and Auntie for all the helpful advice. I'll try the hot compress and anti bacterial soap. EJ

Hi elizabeth

How is your boil today? I remember having them on my perineum after I'd had my twins, they were so painful! good advise coming from the others but I was advised that only antibiotics will prevent another one coming up. Might be a good idea to see your doctor.

Hope you'll be sitting comfortably soon!

Hi thank you Annette the boil is very much better just a small lump now. I cannot tolerate antibiotics of any type so that is not an option for me. As I have felt better emotionally so the boil has diminished. EJ

Thread Information