Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how long does pain last after a tooth extraction?

how long does pain last after a tooth extraction?

I think I am becoming paranoid about getting dry socket! I had the tooth out on Wednesday morning. It is still quite painful. It was a back tooth and looks like there is a clot there which is supposed to happen but I am worrying a bit about the pain. I know that I do have a low pain threshold anyway. Has any one else had a back tooth out and still been in pain 2 days later? I am trying to think back to the one I had out in hospital and I don't even think I could get a teaspoon in my mouth after 2 days so maybe this isn't so bad? I started taking antibiotics the day before I had the extraction to prevent infection and I am still taking them.

Re: how long does pain last after a tooth extraction?

Hi Annie, i had my wisdom tooth extracted a few years ago and it took a good few days for the pain to did down, why don't you ring your dentist if your worried for a bit of advise, hope you feel better soon x x

I thought about ringing but after all he did to help me out I don't want to seem like a nuisance :( I think it is just me getting anxious about pain as I always do. I need to accept that I will be in pain a few days but I am struggling to accept it. I keep looking at the clock waiting for the time to take more pain killers!

You won't be being a nuisance hun that's what there there for, give them a ring to put your mind at rest x x

They are closed for lunch so I will try again later...I guess I just need reassurance x

About 3 to 4 days mine was sore for hope your feeling better soon

When I had a few teeth taken out when I was eight to make room for my adult teeth , it was 24 hours. One of my teeth at the side adult teeth, I did not really have much pain

The teeth are a maze of nerves and canals Annie and it is very common to have discomfort for a good few days.Is it a throbbing pain as that were the nerves have been disturbed and need to settle down.

Thank you everyone..Ricardo you are spot on I called the dentist and he told me to go and have it checked which I have just done. He explained that because I had pain for a few weeks before the tooth was removed, the pain will last longer. He said it looks fine and it was packed when the tooth was removed to prevent dry socket. I feel better for having him check it for me and I am now reassured. I am so pleased I found this new dentist, they have just been amazing..I was so thankful that I gave the dental nurse a hug

Good for you, Annie, tat you had it checked and that it has afforded you some reassurance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information