Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back ache, and weird chest

Back ache, and weird chest

Hello

I have a doctors appt wednesday as my back and chest have just been feeling odd.
    I get a pain in my left shoulder blade and sometimes it just feels like someone has kicked me between my soulder blades. It isnt really so painful if you know what I mean but a bit uncomfortable and a dull ache.
    Also it feels a bit like a waterfall is running down my chest, a kind of weird vibrating sensation. Occassionaly I have a pain that shoots through under my breast and around that side.
    I have had blood tests and my heart listened too, doc said all fine.
    I am wondering if I have hurt myself in some way and done some muscle injury. my shoulder really hurts when I strain it. I dont mind if it is something that is more of an injury just dont want it to be worse.
    Anyone been to the doc about this sort of thing?and could it also be cause my anxiety? I am so tense and my upper back is tight and hurts

look forward to any responses
    Last edited by sammyj; 16-03-09 at 18:41.

Re: Back ache, and weird chest

I've been suffering with the same pain in my left shoulder and my doctor says it's muscular brought on from my anxiety and being so tense all of the time. I have had a few massages on it and it has eventually gone away but it has taken my a good few months. I also get that 'funny' feeling in my chest and from what people have said on here and what I have read it seems to be a symptom of anxiety.

I hope your symptoms ease off...
    XX

thanks
    its so disturbing and the last thing you want to feel is physical symptoms!

i keep freakin out like it is something terrible, i dont eve want t say the C word! I did use a hot water bottle and seemed t provide comfort so am trying to tell myself that it is most likely muscular

Been there, done that with my shoulder pain (just look at my frantic threads about the 'C' word!) Muscle pain is so nasty, but I found that heat wraps helped me a lot too.

XX

thanks Mondie will try the heat wraps. my grandfather died recently due to cancer and it terrifes me and this is where my anxiety all started from!

take care

Again ditto! My health anxiety started from my dad dying from cancer, I started therapy last week, so am hopeful that I can break this cycle of destructive thoughts.

You take care too...

well im off to my counselling appt in ten minutes, not sure if it helps but givin it a go on advice of my doctor, sometimes it helps just to vent

never thought about death as much as i have, must say its more about the way death will be. we shouldnt think like this but with all the news stuff lately and jade it doesnt help

Hope it goes well

I have the same thing, let me know how you get on with dr's.

Im sorry to hear about your back pain .
    iv,e had every ache and pain around my back and chest with all the weird chest sensations .the list of symptoms I have had is too long to list here but let me reassure you that anxiety caused the whole lot of my symptoms,EVERY ONE . Even after chest xrays ,blood tests urine tests ,ultrasound scan I still wasn't convinced ,until now . when we hold our bodies tight for long enough we cause repetitive strain injury to our muscles and tendons . This can happen anywhere in the body and sometimes moves around .If the Doc says its anxiety please believe him . Try and understand that anxiety (caused by our mind) causes our bodies to hurt even though there is nothing wrong , ITS ALL JUST TENSION . Try and notice that when you feel anxious just how tense your body is ,especially your back ,then slowly release those muscles ,you will be amazed when you realize the amount of tension that was in those muscles.

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information