Thread: 'Routine, non-urgent' appointment for test results

'Routine, non-urgent' appointment for test results

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing ok.

I've been feeling really run-down so I went to the doctor and she ran blood tests for Vitamin D deficiency and Iron deficiency. I got a letter asking me to make a 'routine non-urgent appointment to discuss your results' so I rang up but they can't give results over phone. I've made an appointment for Monday but I know I am going to worry over weekend that they've done a full blood count and found something like lymphoma. If it was something serious, they'd have phoned me to make sure I'd definitely go in, right?

I'm kind of glad they have found something though, as apparently Vitamin D deficiency causes aches and pains, and I've had those for years!

Re: 'Routine, non-urgent' appointment for test results

If it was urgent they would have made you an appointment straight away and the letter did say routine so don't think anything more about it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nicola,

I'm actually really impressed with how far I've come in my journey with anxiety as two years ago I would have been completely freaking out, and now it is just a bit of a niggle!

more likely your iron levels are just low, if it was anything worse they would call you in right away., as what ever is wrong is not going to harm you x

Hi

I work as a doctors receptionist and if it was urgent the doctor would have called you themself, so its honestly nothing to worry about

Laine is right, anything serious and they's be calling a taxi for you ASAP! It's anxiety tricking you into thinking the worst. Take care and let us know how you get on.

Well, it seems I had an over-eager newly qualified doctor. My haemoglobin levels are fine so I'm not anemic, but my ferritin (which is stored iron) is slightly low, so there's no harm in supplementing that. The other doctor said he would just have rang me rather than calling me in. And there didn't seem to be any results for Vitamin D so maybe she didn't test for that!

Thanks for all your advice x

Thread Information