Thread: 4th surgery in 6 months..my anxiety is worse every day

Unhappy 4th surgery in 6 months..my anxiety is worse every day

hi

I have had 3 surgeries in the last 6 months (left hand, then elbow then gall bladder removed) and now I have to have my right hand done in May and I am dreading it. I have long standing depression and anxiety some of which relates to very old issues I've never dealt with, but I am not getting time to get any talking therapy because of all these physical issues.

I wish I could get help with my mental health while I'm off sick with physical health problems, but after 6 months I'm about to give up and just keep taking the meds and keep it all bottled up as usual :(

the surgery in May is carpal tunnel and the last one hurt like hell for weeks, then didn't fix the problem so I had the ulna nerve done and that is still not right ([painful and numb)

sorry, I just needed to get some of this out tonight......

Re: 4th surgery in 6 months..my anxiety is worse every day

has anyone else had ulna nerve surgery? I see there are no replies....

I am get more and more panicked about this - what if I end up not being able to properly use both arms and hands?

nobody cares, and the orthopaedic consultant just wants his fees, so I will up my quetiapine PRN and suffer alone again.....

Hi

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time at the moment.

Can't say I'm any help as know nothing about your surgery however I got the impression that you were having the surgery done privately with the reference to fee.

Why don't you get a second opinion? Ask your GP for a second referral. If the first op didn't work why are you putting yourself through it again?

Also have you asked your GP for more help as no one should suffer alone.

I'm sorry I'm not much help but there are people out there who can help, it's just finding them that's the problem.

Have you tried MIND?

Megan
    Last edited by Megan73; 24-04-12 at 21:07.

I agree with Megan. Postpone the operation until you have got a second opinion and researched all the options. I would not put myself through a general anaesthetic and a recovery period if you are feeling low and vulnerable. You need to go to the op from a period of stability so that your recovery is successful. Does your psychiatrist prescribe the quetiapine? I would definitely try to see him and discuss this with him. EJ

Thread Information