Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tingling on my face and head

Tingling on my face and head

Hi Everyone,

I have woke up today with pins and needles on my face and on my scalp. Its really freaking me out and making me feel dizzy. I'm not sure whether its the anxiety making feel light headed or whether its something wrong with me.

Can these symptoms be really just anxiety as they are so weird. I'm really scared, can someone please help me ???

The last time I had this sensation, I had a really bad virus for about 4 weeks which I thought was the end of me. Because this has come back again within the same year, I have convinced myself that I have some kind of neurological disorder as my Grandad died really young from Motor neuron diesease.
    Also, my friend has just told me that I look really tired and I hate it when people say that as I think I must look like I am dying. (I know this sounds daft)

I am sure that I am just going to collapse any minute now...........How am I going to get thorough the day at work feeling like this as every minute feels like an hour to me.

Someone please help me on this tingling feeling as I am petrified.

Sorry to go on.

Sal x [V]

Hi Sal x

All these symptoms are part and parcel of anxiety and nothing to worry about. I can honestly say that I am well on the road to recovery and still get the occassional tingling face and scalp.
    It used to freak me out as well but I just live with it now as I know it can't harm me.
    You are not going to collapse, try some relaxation and deep abdominal breathing.
    I find getting some fresh air helps a lot as well.
    Hope this helps
    Fell free to PM me if you want more reassurance

Take care

Elaine x

Forgot to say that the dizziness is also associated with anxiety, if you search there are lots of posts on this.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Sal

I occasionally get tingling in my face and lips too but know it is to do with anxiety/hyperventilation etc.

I don't like it either if people ever say to me I look tired, as I take it to mean I look horrible. Lol. Also I think it sounds rude - so I never say it to other people (maybe the kids now and again to get them to go to bed) after all how is that ever helpful to anyone.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Sal

All of my symptoms are very much head-based and I get loads of tingling scalp / pressure on scalp etc. They are all anxiety based. The more you think about them the worse they will feel. Try to distract yourself or say to yourself "this is just the anxiety, I can feel this sensation fading now...")

be well
    Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

hello Sal,

I get this the whole time. My cheeks especially go numb. This is very common and is nothing to worry about..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

just read the messages about tingling on face and head. i'm not alone with this, what a relief it's like a tonne weight being lifted off my shoulders (even though it's happening to me right now) i don't feel so bad because I NOW KNOW IT HAPPENS! when i'm anxious/panicky. thankyou. you wouldn't believe some of the things i've been told it was. well prehaps you would

Hi Sal

I've had the scalp and face tingling feelings too and with burning sensations. Don't worry. It's just anxiety and it can make you feel really dizzy. I used to get it alot and still do now and again. Have a look back at some of my old posts. I have it now as I'm going through a tough time

Take care
    Jules

Jules

Hi Sal,

Same comment as everyone else really. It sounds like anxiety, I also get the face tingling. Try not to worry ( easier said than done, i know ).

Enjoy your day.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Thanks everyone for replying..............It has made me feel loads better.

Does anyone actually know why anxiety causes you face and scalp to tingle ??

I would really like to understand it more.

Sal x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information